Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think homages are okay.. but not fakes..

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
      It's not difficult to tell those low grade replicas at a single glance. Just saw 2 buggars wearing fakes at a coffeeshop in the afternoon. Well, can't stop ppl from wearing fakes...when u see more ppl wearing fakes for this brand, it only goes to show the success of Panerai. For me, I feel good as long as the one on my wrist is the real deal, I enjoy it and that's all that matters.

I fully agree on that and I really enjoy my pams alot.

I saw many low grade fakes out in the wild recently.. and I actually saw one with "open heart" lol..

Comment

Personally, I feel that it does not matter if others are wearing replicas. The most important thing is that you are wearing the real McCoy...and the pleasure you derive from that.

Comment

Tink the market will never be able to rid itself of all the replicas out there...

Got demand = got ppl sell...

I mean if there are even fakes for adidas, casio watches... hw to stop these luxury watches from not being 'copied'...
          Bottomline is... to enjoy the real deal... to know tat the one ticking on ur wrist is an officine panerai.. and not some china made crap.
          A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

It's not difficult to tell those low grade replicas at a single glance. Just saw 2 buggars wearing fakes at a coffeeshop in the afternoon. Well, can't stop ppl from wearing fakes...when u see more ppl wearing fakes for this brand, it only goes to show the success of Panerai. For me, I feel good as long as the one on my wrist is the real deal, I enjoy it and that's all that matters.
            Well said !
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by denteo View Post
              haha, not all ppl can tell a real or fake... bro, I dont quite understand what u mean by in for the feeling le.

Oh, if someone wears a fake and got exposed, they will care how ppl tink..
              every watch you wear will derive some emotion for the watch. now if you start wearing fakes, you are fooling yourself and anyone who knows about the watch on your wrist.

people who wear fake are those who want to show off to the world that they can afford it, but in actual fact, they are just an empty shell

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
              Tink the market will never be able to rid itself of all the replicas out there...

Got demand = got ppl sell...

I mean if there are even fakes for adidas, casio watches... hw to stop these luxury watches from not being 'copied'...
              Bottomline is... to enjoy the real deal... to know tat the one ticking on ur wrist is an officine panerai.. and not some china made crap.
              agree with last sentence. sometimes you even tell people it is a fake
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

[QUOTE=seiko.citizen;75924]every watch you wear will derive some emotion for the watch. now if you start wearing fakes, you are fooling yourself and anyone who knows about the watch on your wrist.

people who wear fake are those who want to show off to the world that they can afford it, but in actual fact, they are just an empty shell

/QUOTE]

Agreed! I rather wear a genuine Tag Heuer than a fake PAM..

Because at the end of the day, I know I got the real deal and I won't feel paiseh if ppl were to bombard me with Qs..

Comment

Fake or Homage

Why do we begrudge people who wear fake or homage products ie pams?

Can all the members here solemly swear that they have never worn or use such 'things' before?

I remember reading an article in a watch magazine about 'aftermarket straps'. In it, the bigshot of Panerai branded all panerai 'aftermarket straps' as fakes. He even called them '****'! So, are many of us not wearing 'fakes' then?

I confess that I'd worn fake/homage rolex and pam. Why? Because I love those watches but at that point of time, I couldn't afford them and I was not ashamed to acknowledge that those were not the 'real mccoy'.

Now, I have 2 genuine rolexes and 1 pam and am thinking of buying another one. Now, I even make my own straps for my pam.

Why should we deprive ourselves of something valuable or interesting just because we do not have the money to possess it at this point of time?

So, should we then condemn those car enthusiasts who 'souped up' their cars just because they could not afford to buy 'Ferraris'? I bet if they have the money, they would buy the real sportscars.

Sometimes, by wearing or using the 'unreal ones', it would keep our dreams and passion alive of owning the 'real ones'.

The only distinction is when somebody knowingly passes a fake or homage as the 'real mccoy'.

Comment

very well said....u r the Man!
                    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by urbanemperor View Post
                      haha. hmmm. how about hommges? do you guys treat them as fakes? just wondering.
                      Now that's one thing I really hate about watch manufacteres... So many hide their fakes behind the word 'Hommage', hoping to legalise it with this term. It disgusts me... I mean... so many shady manufacturers are making their so called 'Marina Militares', marketing them as hommages. They are just fakes... Unfortunately, RXW MM20 is one of them as well. Why do I say even the RXWMM20 is a fake? Officine Panerai has a design patent filed nong nong time ago for it's Crown Guard/Locking Lever Mechanism. Therefore, they are the only ones in the world who are licensed to make a watch like that. As for MM25 california dials etc, I guess, they lie in the grey areas. Nobody's stopping anyone from making a 'Hommage' california dial radiomirs.
                      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

hommages usually have no branding on them lar.....and the quality are not too bad lar...used as daily beater ok mah....esp if u in my industry i dun tink any1 will be so brave to wear a 10k watch on the wrist to work leh....

Comment

Well, I dun deny that hommage watches usually don't have branding on them, and neither do I have issues with ppl who wear them. However, my point in the case of the RXW MM20 is, branding or not, they've clearly flouted the laws by manufacturing a watch with a crown guard/lever locking mechanism. And if they've not breached anything legal, would they have been served an international court order to stop production of the MM20s?
                          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Well, I dun deny that hommage watches usually don't have branding on them, and neither do I have issues with ppl who wear them. However, my point in the case of the RXW MM20 is, branding or not, they've clearly flouted the laws by manufacturing a watch with a crown guard/lever locking mechanism. And if they've not breached anything legal, would they have been served an international court order to stop production of the MM20s?
                            Because Ken Sato make better watch than Richmont Ken Sato's defence is that he is copying Rolex and not Panerai as the watch was first "invented" by Rolex.
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

well...then how come there are still so many hommage makers ard with the same designs?hahaha....it is becoz RXW tout itself as a replacement for Panerai at a much lower costs. That is y panerai have no choice but to slap RXW with a lawsuit.The rest of the hommage watch makers make no such claims or intend to compare with panerai...that is the whole reason behind the lawsuit thing with RXW...U can read it up at WUS if you are interested...there are many threads there and this topic is flogged to death over at the site...hahahaha....

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                                well...then how come there are still so many hommage makers ard with the same designs?hahaha....it is becoz RXW tout itself as a replacement for Panerai at a much lower costs. That is y panerai have no choice but to slap RXW with a lawsuit.The rest of the hommage watch makers make no such claims or intend to compare with panerai...that is the whole reason behind the lawsuit thing with RXW...U can read it up at WUS if you are interested...there are many threads there and this topic is flogged to death over at the site...hahahaha....
                                Yes, certainly this issue has been flogged to death in watch forums, and I have seen the MM20 in the flesh and agree that it's a very well made watch. Just the MM20's marker lume itself is enough to outdo any Panerai.

However,I certainly do not remember reading about RXW touting itself as a replacement for Panerai, as I think Ken Sato would be shooting himself in the leg if he did that blatantly. What I know, from communicating with diehard moderators of Panersiti.com is that the issue was recognised by law due to the RXW's infringement of the crown guard and design patents. Therefore, if RXW hasn't infringed anything legal, even the japanese courts would not have supported Panerai's lawsuit to order the production of MM20's to cease, no?
                                Last edited by Destro22BT; 12-08-08, 12:33 PM.
                                --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X