104 or 88?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
    I m thinking of either a pam or rolex. But the waiting list for a pam is so freaking long for AD. If u got lobang for a good deal for a pam below 8K (preferably less than 7K hehe), do let me know mr destro, i heard that u r an expert
    Saw one of your other threads, thinking of a PAM0? Wonderful choice actually.... But I can definitely understand your notion of a PAM being overpriced as compared to a Rolex... Rolex has everything made in-house, PAMs use cheap-ass unitas/valjoux movements... that was my consideration years ago... until I wore my first PAM112. It changed everything... Oh... even my subdate and dweller became 'boy-size' watches...
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
      Saw one of your other threads, thinking of a PAM0? Wonderful choice actually.... But I can definitely understand your notion of a PAM being overpriced as compared to a Rolex... Rolex has everything made in-house, PAMs use cheap-ass unitas/valjoux movements... that was my consideration years ago... until I wore my first PAM112. It changed everything... Oh... even my subdate and dweller became 'boy-size' watches...
      I'm actually glad that they used cheapo movements because I don't have to have them serviced at Richmont. It'll costs a bomb. I can have it serviced by a third party, especially the T-dials ( I think you know what I mean).
      Anyway, Pam is not famous for their movement until they were bought over & started making their own movement.

Dino

Comment

Agree with you bro Dino, all watchsmiths can service a basic unitas movement. Yeap, T-dial movements are more raw and less decorated than the others.

BTW, are you in line to collect the Minerva Pams? I'm certainly out of the race for the Minervas, find them too niche for my liking.
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

I'm also out of the race. In fact, I don't actually bother too much about the movement. I'm more concerned on the aesthetics.
          If there's a watch with a superb movement but the look don't appeals to me, I would still not buy / wear it.
          That's may be just me.

Dino

Comment

Yeah, me too. Aesthetics of the watch plays a huge part. Probably the Minerva PAMs will appeal to those who're into the more 'Haute' crowd.
            --Groucho Marx--

Comment

They may be trying to justify the price of the watch with the movement. I'm not one who knows how to appreciates the finer details of the movement. So, aesthetics is still very much the deciding factor & price s well.

I think we are moving away from the main topics of helping him to decides on which Pam he should buys

Dino

Comment

LOL... yes... I think with more talk and more OT discussions... TS lagi blur now on which watch to get
                --Groucho Marx--

Comment

LOL, no worries bros. Its through discussion that i can gain more knowledge on pams. Now more keen on the 88 or 90 rather than 104!

Definitely aesthetics over movement for me now as i know nuts about movements

Currently have a omega deville with power reserve and was eyeing the planet ocean due to its size and weight! (Yes, i like something more substantial! )
                  Think i will pay abit more to get a pam instead, what say you guys?

LOL... yes... I think with more talk and more OT discussions... TS lagi blur now on which watch to get

Comment

Originally posted by alphax View Post
                    LOL, no worries bros. Its through discussion that i can gain more knowledge on pams. Now more keen on the 88 or 90 rather than 104!

Definitely aesthetics over movement for me now as i know nuts about movements

Currently have a omega deville with power reserve and was eyeing the planet ocean due to its size and weight! (Yes, i like something more substantial! )
                    Think i will pay abit more to get a pam instead, what say you guys?
                    You better thrice. Once you put a Pam, you'll forget about the rest

Dino

Comment

PAM90 is sweet. You can get a PAM90 and match it with an Olive Green Simona Calf... Guarantee u'll love that combi for a while... then your ass will itch... and end up with more straps... and more straps... and more straps... and then u realise u need another PAM, and more PAM, and more straps... endless....

I think you'd better go the Panerai way first... if u dun like it and need to sell it off to get the Planet Ocean, at least you don't lose a lot of $$$ by doing so. But if you go the other way...wah.... sure boring one. LOL...

Agree with bro Dino, once u strap on a PAM... u won't look back!
                      --Groucho Marx--

Comment

You guys here are really poisonous!

Comment

The forum has a poisonous aura by default

But have you decided to get the watch from grey dealers or AD? Brand new or pre-owned?
                          --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Originally posted by alphax View Post
                            You guys here are really poisonous!
                            Have you thought it over carefully? Haha.....

Dino

Comment

PAm 104 & 88

Nah, I'm not an expert, just know enough about Panerai to avoid being cheated . Hmm... For Panerai, it's tough to get a piece from the AD, especially if you do not know any of the SEs personally. However, as discussed in other Panerai threads here on SG-ROC, there are reliable grey dealers out there who offer pretty good deals. No waiting, and you have your discounts.

AD prices are pretty much controlled nowadays, so if you're talking about a brand new PAM104 or 88 at under 7k, it's kinda tough, if not impossible.... pre-owned 104s can be had under those prices still if you're willing to consider.

Well, you've already got a nice TT rolex sub, why not try a different animal? As long as you get a model that's out of production and sought after, you'll hardly lose a single cent when you sell it in future.

Yeap, I was quoted Pam 88 for $8700.00 & Pam 104 for $8000.00 & Pam 111 for $7000.00 new one no need to wait some more, heard that in Italy this Pam is not popular there so prices may much cheaper and got discount plus minus VAT. Take a trip to Milan Italy perhap enjoy the trip plus get cheaper Pam, I may be wrong!!

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                                You better thrice. Once you put a Pam, you'll forget about the rest

Dino

not really true, for me i buy pam liao i like it at first but now back to rolex. (individual taste i guess) in the end rolex the value always there, been tested haha and pam is way overpriced. but i must state now pam resale price on par with rolex and even better then rolex.but maybe it a trend, so enjoy it will u all can. i may be wrong though. so only time will tell. but the most important thing is like, buy what u like haha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X