No announcement yet.

Question on PAM 219

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they still have T hands? I didn't know that...Last I heard the replacement hands are all L hands, that's the only thing that's stopping me from getting one.
    "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
    --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Yes, but it's best that you re-confirm with them.

You must do servicing & replacement of hands together. They will not just do the replacement alone . That would costs you $900+

Dino

Comment

WTF?!?!?!?! $900 for replacement of hands??? Blur...
        Alrighty, I'm inspired by your PAM87... Gonna search for one with nice T hands with minimal corrosion!
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
          WTF?!?!?!?! $900 for replacement of hands??? Blur...
          Alrighty, I'm inspired by your PAM87... Gonna search for one with nice T hands with minimal corrosion!
          Good luck in your hunt for 87. I'm sure that you can find one soon. But, in the meantime, do you still need further poisoning? Haha.....

Dino

Comment

About 6 inch wrist is good enuff. One way to hide the watch heft on a 6 inch wrist is to match the watch with a beefy strap that's about 5mm thick. I can think of Landa's strap for you, the build quality is very good and the price is reasonable. I'm pretty sure u'll like it.
            Thanks for your tips!

I was looking at Landa's straps and they looked great. My preference would be those darker shades of brown, matt or distressed type like the strap has gone through a war or something.

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
              Good luck in your hunt for 87. I'm sure that you can find one soon. But, in the meantime, do you still need further poisoning? Haha.....

Dino
              Thanks bro, it's gonna be a difficult hunt, both in terms of the overall condition of the watch as well as the price. Ah well, maybe one day...

LOL... POISON ME MORE!!!! Show me your 87 on the new OEM vented rubber if you have it! I think that's an absolute craka combination!
              --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Originally posted by imt View Post
                Thanks for your tips!

I was looking at Landa's straps and they looked great. My preference would be those darker shades of brown, matt or distressed type like the strap has gone through a war or something.
                Hmm... I think u're referring to the Strap Culture Distressed Straps?

Or the Ammo straps? My preference is the Ammo straps. Had the earlier Landa Ammo strap from 2006 and still having lotsa life, developing patina along the way...

It's the second strap from the left, now permanently mounted on my 22.

Of course, if you're going for the most expensive Ammo, BigB/Kevin Ammos are the ones to go for. However, with emergence of Kaktus Drifter and Simona's Bruno straps having similar ammo looks and at a cheaper price, it's hard to consider the BigB/Kevin ammos (USD$300+).
                --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Thanks bro, it's gonna be a difficult hunt, both in terms of the overall condition of the watch as well as the price. Ah well, maybe one day...

LOL... POISON ME MORE!!!! Show me your 87 on the new OEM vented rubber if you have it! I think that's an absolute craka combination!
                  Ya, maybe one day I may...........
                  Personally, I don't like the rubber strap. I feel that it does not do any justice to the watch. So, even when the watch comes with the spare rubber strap, I do not use it at all.
                  Thus, I cannot poison you any further

Dino

Comment

I see your point...So I guess u'll probably have a Dark Brown strap with blue stitches to go with your 87? Or Simona's Vintage Blue? Have you considered Landa's Blue Jeans with caramel stitches on the 87?
                    --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Bro Destro,

You have a nice strap collection!

The Landa ammo is very nice.
                      Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

I see your point...So I guess u'll probably have a Dark Brown strap with blue stitches to go with your 87? Or Simona's Vintage Blue? Have you considered Landa's Blue Jeans with caramel stitches on the 87?
                        Too much blue on the 87 is not nice. I also do not like strap with blue stitch. I do not think it's a good match, just MHO & my 2 cents.
                        Ammo with the 87 is nice (basically, ammo goes well with almost any Pams).

Dino

Comment

Hmm... I think u're referring to the Strap Culture Distressed Straps?

Or the Ammo straps? My preference is the Ammo straps. Had the earlier Landa Ammo strap from 2006 and still having lotsa life, developing patina along the way...

It's the second strap from the left, now permanently mounted on my 22.

Of course, if you're going for the most expensive Ammo, BigB/Kevin Ammos are the ones to go for. However, with emergence of Kaktus Drifter and Simona's Bruno straps having similar ammo looks and at a cheaper price, it's hard to consider the BigB/Kevin ammos (USD$300+).
                          wah, that Landa Ammo strap looks very nice. the patina is very attractive

Somehow i feel that i'm being poisoned bit by bit

I'll have to do morestrap research liao

Comment

bro cham,
                            hahaha, imt ,an other victim , kana poison by by dino n Desto... again..
                            seems like we r on the same boat, sailing towards the straps of poisons..

Comment

Originally posted by 183 View Post
                              bro cham,
                              hahaha, imt ,an other victim , kana poison by by dino n Desto... again..
                              seems like we r on the same boat, sailing towards the straps of poisons..
                              I believe you guys know how to get cured ???

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                                Too much blue on the 87 is not nice. I also do not like strap with blue stitch. I do not think it's a good match, just MHO & my 2 cents.
                                Ammo with the 87 is nice (basically, ammo goes well with almost any Pams).

Dino
                                I see, different stroke for different folks I guess... over lunch yesterday I was thinking what other interesting PAMs are there... and after thinking through....I think I've found my next target also... the PAM82 Amerigo Vespucci. Dunno when I'll ever see it surface again, but the search will be interesting.
                                --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X