Deciding between a PAM351 and 359

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deciding between a PAM351 and 359

Am quit smitten by Panerai's simplicity of the dial and big presence on the wrist.

Have a budget of 9k? which one do you think has that perpetually lasting look?

Is it better to buy new from an AD or from gray dealers?

Am heading towards Penang next week. Would it be cheaper to buy one from there?

i think pretty hard to get 351 or 359 at 9k at ADs.

you might have better luck getting from the grey dealers in this forum.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

i will suggest go for 351, mixture of polished and brushed 1950 casing looks better.
      i always felt that the dail on 359 is too busy and lost the simple feel... bt i do love the brown lum look of 359 though.

Comment

any idea how much is a 351 if i were to buy from AD?

have seen a few gray sellers in the forum selling them at about 9.4k though
        am waiting for someone to sell their 351 haha

Comment

Originally posted by hydesg View Post
          any idea how much is a 351 if i were to buy from AD?

have seen a few gray sellers in the forum selling them at about 9.4k though
          am waiting for someone to sell their 351 haha
          think from local AD, 351 is slightly above 10k
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

351 first then 359. Must go for the more signature looks of 351 first. Think a no. of posts selling the above. 312 is good to consider too. Last I check in Dec, 351 selling more than $10k at local ADs and 359 and 312 selling at $9.8k roughly with no discount.

Cheers!
            Current babies:
            Sub 16610LN D series
            PAM 312 M series
            IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
            116613LB?
            a good White dial watch

Comment

from the post, it seems this is a 1st panerai? if yes, then 351. if it's around a 3rd onwards then 359 as it adds variety...just my humble opinion of someone who owns a base model and who had to choose between a 351 and 359 as a 3rd Panerai. Went for the 359 only because it 'shouted' at me more...the only explanation i could think of was at the back of my mind already had a similar face on hand (in terms of simplicity) if i get a 351 again. but if it was my 1st then and given this choice, then i'd go for a 351.
              =======================================
              PAM 112
              PAM 287
              PAM 359
              Rolex Explorer II 42mm
              Rolex DateJust II
              Cartier Santos XL
              Omega Seamaster

Comment

Between the two, I would go for the 351 (it looks great with its 1950 casing, tobacco dial and gold hands)
                运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

I am a newbie in Panerai watches, juz got myself PAM111 from HK. I would still go for PAM 351 for the simplicity looks n golden hands.

Comment

351 over the 359.

First off the dial and RG hands are an instant beautiful contrast. Secondly you'll enjoy the various shades the dial possesses from dark brown to near black in the shade to light brown in bright sun. Thirdly, with titanium being the main body, it sits a lot better than the rest of the 312-style series in SS which tends to be very top heavy due to the bubble caseback.

Love photographing it.
                    Current COLLECTION
                    Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Pam 351 retail is 11200 but 359 is 10400.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                        351 over the 359.

First off the dial and RG hands are an instant beautiful contrast. Secondly you'll enjoy the various shades the dial possesses from dark brown to near black in the shade to light brown in bright sun. Thirdly, with titanium being the main body, it sits a lot better than the rest of the 312-style series in SS which tends to be very top heavy due to the bubble caseback.

Love photographing it.
                        +1000

Comment

351 in hk is sgd9.9k from boutique

Comment

Originally posted by steven loi View Post
                            Pam 351 retail is 11200 but 359 is 10400.
                            popularity speaks for itself

i own the 351... so 351 FTW!!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X