Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, it would more advisable to buy Panerais in Switzerland as The Panerai Boutique in Florence, Portofino and majority of the Italian ADs would base their current RRP with the Swiss Franc - which simply means 'No Bargaining'. The experience i had in Florence Boutique was 'an eye opener' as they tend to 'Bo Chap' the Asians and go on their knees for the 'Ang Moh'. Would rate their fellow Italian ADs as 'Impatient' as they would rather chat with one another than to attend to you. Even if you greet them, start and end every sentence with Ps & Qs.

IMHO, i would rate the Swiss ADs better than the Panerai Boutiques in Italy, the service and overall buying experience - Amazing. It also depends with the method of payment - if you are paying via cash or cards, or both, they would even thrown in some OEM straps. There are heaps of watch boutiques in Zurich and Geneva for you to choose your Panerai shopping experience; they might even put you on the SE or LE list when a new novelty arrives. The icing on the cake would be the VAT claim or refund; actually none, all you need to do would be to drop the yellow form into the customs box at Zurich Kloten or Geneva Cointrin. No queue, no forms to fill as the Ads would fill it up for you and offer you a price minus the VAT!

It would help if you contact them via email and enquire about availability of model/s you intend to purchase.

Good luck and happy trails. ;-)

Coolnite

Comment

Hmm... So surprise to read this. When I was in Rome at the boutiques, the sales staff are generally fair to tourists, be it Asians or Ang Mo. I did not step into watch shop though. Maybe bag and watch different ah...
      Current babies:
      Sub 16610LN D series
      PAM 312 M series
      IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
      116613LB?
      a good White dial watch

Comment

Think in Paris is cheaper.

Comment

Coolnite, thank you very much for the insight
          I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
            Coolnite, thank you very much for the insight
            My pleasure bro.

Yes, there is a difference when one buys bags and watches, so far the treatment is fairly different as well. In case you are wondering why 'Asians' are treated persona non grata, there is a story i heard from an AD in Chronoswiss Paris who received word from Panerai SPa to be extra vigilant when dealing with customers from China - Pam Fakes that are created from gen specs in China. Don't know how far that is true.

As for shopping in Paris, Panerai ADs along the Rue St' Honore only stock the basic Historic and a few contemporary models, nothing special, you can get the same price at Cortina Raffles City minus the airline ticket.

And for those lurking to ask for SEs or LEs, the answer is no, most ADs in the EU do not have the allocation for the Pam 382 Bronzo, the ones that received it, sold it the day it arrived. The 372 Fiddy Base will only reach a few ADs in early March next year.

But who knows, you may get lucky when poking around. Best advice is start a relationship with ADs in the EU with emails.

Comment

Hi Bro Coolnite,

You seems to have experience and knowledge of buying PAM in Europe.

I am going Milan and Paris in 2~3 weeks time (Both first time) for biz trip. I do not have much time to shop and compare prices.

Would like to check with you on the contacts or email of the AD in Milan or Paris that I can communicate? Which AD in Milan or Paris do you recommend?

Can you tell me more about the tax refund?

I am considering to buy a basic model like 000 or 005 or 111 or 112.

Thank you very much!

Originally posted by Coolnite View Post
              My pleasure bro.

Yes, there is a difference when one buys bags and watches, so far the treatment is fairly different as well. In case you are wondering why 'Asians' are treated persona non grata, there is a story i heard from an AD in Chronoswiss Paris who received word from Panerai SPa to be extra vigilant when dealing with customers from China - Pam Fakes that are created from gen specs in China. Don't know how far that is true.

As for shopping in Paris, Panerai ADs along the Rue St' Honore only stock the basic Historic and a few contemporary models, nothing special, you can get the same price at Cortina Raffles City minus the airline ticket.

And for those lurking to ask for SEs or LEs, the answer is no, most ADs in the EU do not have the allocation for the Pam 382 Bronzo, the ones that received it, sold it the day it arrived. The 372 Fiddy Base will only reach a few ADs in early March next year.

But who knows, you may get lucky when poking around. Best advice is start a relationship with ADs in the EU with emails.
              A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

Any bro got any advice?
                A ROLEX WILL NEVER CHANGE THE WORLD. WE LEAVE THAT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WEAR THEM..

Comment

I will be going Europe tour next month end of feb... Would like to know too... So far seem like buying watch in Europe is not much cheaper?

Comment

If u compare buying new in Europe and 2nd hand locally, seems not big diff.

Unless Europe got those selling 2nd hand watches?? Seems no one talking about it.

Originally posted by monstar1985 View Post
                    I will be going Europe tour next month end of feb... Would like to know too... So far seem like buying watch in Europe is not much cheaper?

Comment

Ya...but think overall will still b cheaper since we are going there not just to buy the watch hence no need to put the air fair on the watch price ba... Haha maybe u should go there and purchase and post Yr review abt purchasing there... =x since I am going after u... Haha

Comment

Its a perk to buy there since we are going there. However, I have no experience buying over there.

I was saying if the overall cost saving buying new over there is not significant then might as well buy a pre-owned set locally.

Seeking seniors to give tips.

Originally posted by monstar1985 View Post
                        Ya...but think overall will still b cheaper since we are going there not just to buy the watch hence no need to put the air fair on the watch price ba... Haha maybe u should go there and purchase and post Yr review abt purchasing there... =x since I am going after u... Haha

Comment

You inbox is full. I will send a Paris boutique SA contact to you. You can email to him first to check stock availability and price. You can do your homework first so that you can compare if it is cheaper to buy there. From my experience, the price from grey market is cheaper than buying there:-)

Originally posted by yaloryalor View Post
                          Its a perk to buy there since we are going there. However, I have no experience buying over there.

I was saying if the overall cost saving buying new over there is not significant then might as well buy a pre-owned set locally.

Seeking seniors to give tips.
                          Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Tks bro! I have cleared my mail box.

I have this doubt also. Like buying not too old/ of new set from local grey dealer also quite attractive pricing. However, like a bro said; went there then din buy its like wasted.

Any pre own shop over there? Hehe

Originally posted by Dannyboyz View Post
                            You inbox is full. I will send a Paris boutique SA contact to you. You can email to him first to check stock availability and price. You can do your homework first so that you can compare if it is cheaper to buy there. From my experience, the price from grey market is cheaper than buying there:-)

Comment

Have pm you.

I am more practical and prefer to spend my money wisely. If local grey dealers is cheaper, I will buy from them...hehe. If I want to buy from a boutique, I would rather buy from ION boutique. This way, you can still build relationship with the SA. Also, give some support to our local boutique...haha. But is your call, bro. This is my personal view.

Not sure if there are any preowned shops there as I have very little time to shop because I went with my wifey:-)

Cheers
                              Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Anyone has contact at Panerai boutique in Milan?

Looking to buy a PAM312. Was wondering if someone has a contact in Milan? Thanks

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X