X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide : Buying Panerai from Hong Kong

Hi Snr,

Need advise from you guy.

I am presently in Hong Kong. Just pop into an AD(Elegant Watch) in Central.

Was quoted the price for PAM111 at HK$45,100(with 9.5% discount) & PAM 104 for HK$51,700(with 9.5% discount).

Is this price cheaper than SG price?

Kindly advise.

Funnily. What's conversion rate that you are looking at?

Cheaper compared to RRP? or gray market?
    I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
      Funnily. What's conversion rate that you are looking at?

Cheaper compared to RRP? or gray market?
      Hi,

The present conversion rate is abt S$1 to HK$6.

I am comparing with local AD in SG.

Is it safe to buy from gray market?.

Pls advise.

Comment

Buy it if you want to wear it otherwise just take a risk if you want to be a grey seller , that's so simply right?

Comment

Originally posted by FullHouse View Post
          Buy it if you want to wear it otherwise just take a risk if you want to be a grey seller , that's so simply right?
          I am buying for personal use.. Not a grey seller.

Just want to check whether is it worth getting from Hong Kong or is SG cheaper....?

Comment

Hi bro,

I just went to HK recently. Just went to some grey sellers in HK since their price will be more competitive than the boutiques. But still, not as cheap as the grey sellers in SG. The prices in HK are not as competitive as in the past. Suggest that you buy from grey sellers in SG. There are a few reputable ones in the forum. There are also reputable shops selling preowned if you are looking for discon models or don't mind getting a "2nd hand" watch.

Cheers
            Don't worry, be happy

Comment

Originally posted by benade View Post
              I am buying for personal use.. Not a grey seller.

Just want to check whether is it worth getting from Hong Kong or is SG cheaper....?
              From the forumer mentioned, it's wiser for you to choose the model you wanted at home ground or get from local grey seller as the price will be competitive plus able to save your deep pocket too, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyboyz View Post
                Hi bro,

I just went to HK recently. Just went to some grey sellers in HK since their price will be more competitive than the boutiques. But still, not as cheap as the grey sellers in SG. The prices in HK are not as competitive as in the past. Suggest that you buy from grey sellers in SG. There are a few reputable ones in the forum. There are also reputable shops selling preowned if you are looking for discon models or don't mind getting a "2nd hand" watch.

Cheers
                Hi bro Dannyboyz,

Once again, thanks for your value advise.

I actually check with Hobbylink on their BNIB PAM104 and was quoted $8.2K.

I am now in HK and one of the AD offer me S$8.3K with an additional leather strip which she mention cost abt S$300.

Now in a confusion situation whether to get in SG or HK.....

Comment

Suggest you take your time to scout around for a good deal, since the 104 is quite a common piece... shouldn't be too difficult to get your hands on one anywhere.

If it were me, I'd get it locally from the more reputable grey market dealers.
                  My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
                  IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
                  IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
                  IWC 500401 Big Pilot
                  PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
                  PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
                  PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
                  Sinn UBlack

Comment

I think it is a 'no-brainer' in your kinda' situation. If the prices are almost the same, or even +-$100-$200 thereabout, I can't fathom why you need to get it overseas . IMO, in that price range, if you can get at least a 5% discount from the overseas AD, then it is worth considering. Unless of course, a particular watch model is difficult to obtain in Singapore and you happen to chance upon it elsewhere abroad, then paying the same or higher is justifiable.
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi Bro benade,

Pleasure is all mine. As what most bros mentioned, it is better to get locally in SG since the price difference is not much. Leather straps you can get aftermarket ones at cheaper prices and fully customized according to your requirement. If you get from grey market, you may be able to get it at below $8K:-) Be patient......104 is quite a common model and you should be able to see one on sale in the forum quite frequently. The money you saved can be used to buy 1-2 straps fully customized to your liking....hehe

Cheers
                      Don't worry, be happy

Comment

You may want to buy from Panerai ION Boutique? IMO, that's better. They offer more services like c/c installment plan, free consultation, friendship, and more.
                        I own a Rolex !

Comment

I was in HK last week and went to the watch shop (both BNIB & LNIB) next to Mira Hotel. Compared the pricing and it's not cheaper than in SG.

Even BNIB Rolex from their biggest AD is 5% off retail price. Not cheap too.

I rather get from reputable grey dealer in SG.

Comment

Originally posted by benade View Post
                            Hi bro Dannyboyz,

Once again, thanks for your value advise.

I actually check with Hobbylink on their BNIB PAM104 and was quoted $8.2K.

I am now in HK and one of the AD offer me S$8.3K with an additional leather strip which she mention cost abt S$300.

Now in a confusion situation whether to get in SG or HK.....
                            I thought the package should come with 1 original rubber + 1 leather strap?

Comment

Yes, the package should come with 1 original rubber + 1 leather strap, but the AD in HK is giving another original leather strap...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X