Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice. Cleaning of Leather straps

Hi Bros,

From what i know most bros here own straps that cost afew hundred inluding myself.

Any bros can share a hassle free and right way of cleaning the leather/calf/croco straps without damaging it?
    Pam005J
    Pam104
    Rolex Submariner 16610
    Rolex Hulk
    Longines Evidenza
    Audemars piguet ROO safari

Originally posted by frichen View Post
    Hi Bros,

From what i know most bros here own straps that cost afew hundred inluding myself.

Any bros can share a hassle free and right way of cleaning the leather/calf/croco straps without damaging it?
    I'm a fan of Tarrago mink oil and have been using it for few years for almost all my leather stuffs, my racing suit/boots/gloves, red wing boots, wallets, wifey handbags, leather straps and so on......it helps to lubricates leather preventing from chappingand helps to waterproof leatheran and It is easily absorbed by leather........ this is just what ive been practising for my stuffs...maybe others can share with u how they clean theirs....

Comment

Originally posted by dark_divine1218 View Post
      I'm a fan of Tarrago mink oil and have been using it for few years for almost all my leather stuffs, my racing suit/boots/gloves, red wing boots, wallets, wifey handbags, leather straps and so on......it helps to lubricates leather preventing from chappingand helps to waterproof leatheran and It is easily absorbed by leather........ this is just what ive been practising for my stuffs...maybe others can share with u how they clean theirs....
      Will tarrago mink oil get rid of the odour too?
      Pam005J
      Pam104
      Rolex Submariner 16610
      Rolex Hulk
      Longines Evidenza
      Audemars piguet ROO safari

Comment

What I did was to soak the leather in warm water over night then followed by sunny it in the day, you can do it for a couple of times repeatedly. Then once you are happy with the cleanliness final process is to use the mink oil to coat and protect it after the cleaning process, you need to multiple light coatings and rub it hard for it to get in and develop that nice tan look. I use this method also for aging new straps... work well for me... try it on a old unit to see if you like the effect.
        Current watch list:-
        Rolex DJ (11640)
        Omega Seamaster (daily beater - now down pending servicing...)
        Tudor Glamour DD
        Magrette Bronze (daily beater)
        Hamilton Jazz
        PAM 0000 (Got it for my 41 BD)

Latest new toy:-
        Seiko Sumo Diver (daily beater to replace my broken Seamaster)

Moving into vintage rolex... targeting on good condition DD1803, Explorer1 1016, Explorer2 1655.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X