Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing a 232

Dear all,

I recently acquired a 232 that was stated as lnib with everything working. Unfortunately, there was a faint scratch on the sapphire crystal of the watch from the number 6 to the number 3.

Most of you bros here will say why is it that I did not check the watch properly. The thing is I did. I was given all the time to inspect the watch inside starbucks cafe and we chatted over coffee. but the thing is both the seller and I did not spot the thin line which could have been masked under the dim lighting of Starbucks, coupled with the fact that it was sitting atop the minutes hand.

Upon reaching home, I inspected the watch again under normal lighting and the line was now noticeable. I immediately contacted the seller and he has been nice enough to say he will solve it as I did not wear the watch which was not mounted onto any strap.

The thing is this. Upon his suggestion, I brought the watch to uncle lim of top hour and despite his best efforts he cannot get ride of the thin line. According to him, only a replacement would solve my problem. Herein lies the issue... It will cost about $600 as uncle lim quoted.

I have left the watch at top hour cos it turns out the watch had power reserve issue too. It would stop after less than 12 hours of being fully wound. The seller has said that he would beat the cost of the repairs to the watch.

Now, any bros here know where the whole sapphire can be replaced at a lower cost? Any advice given is greatly appreciated. Let me state that I do believe the seller genuinely did not know of the two issues of the watch. Short of asking for a refund, what would you guys advise?

Sorry to hear about the issues.
    If it were me, I will not bother spending monies to replace the crystal, especially since you have described it as not being easily noticeable. The motor issue is a bigger problem for me.
    I am a big fan of Top Hour but for a 232, especially if you cannot rule out selling it in the future, I will say you should get it sorted out back at Richemont.

Hope you get this sorted out quickly!

Ender
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...