Pan 177

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan 177

I have recently bought Pan 177 from Spain in Aug'12 during holidays. Lately I found that on some days, the watch slowed down by 10-15 minutes (I set the time acc to the hp so it is easy to monitor). Appreciate to know if any brothers have such unfortunate encounters... I will send in the watch for checking but really cannot believe a new watch to have such accuracy problem ... sigh

I owned a 177 too but it's running well. Suggest you should send in for checks since it's still under warranty.

Btw I'm planning a trip to Spain and Portugal in Jan 2013, can you recommend the AD you got your PAM from? Did you manage to get any discount off the list price?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Did you fully wind your Pam 177?

Comment

I bought it from one AD called SUAREZ recommended by the tour-guide. Basically they give 5 pct discount from the list price but not for this model which they claimed is hard to get so cud only squeeze out a couple of hundred dollars discount after marathon bargaining (this watch was not displaced in the show-room and they took it up to show if I have interest after sensing that I may/cud not pay the price for those models on display which is of the higher range price). Of course it is definitely cheaper to get in Spain but saving not that great (lately there was the ANZ bank promotion so if I cud get the watch here using the promotion + 5 pct standard discount, then the saving would be just marginal but it seems AD here does not have this model except ION boutique which is price at S$8600 if my memory is correct). If you are going on tour, your tour-guide sud be able to help you over there. One thing good about Spain, it seems they do not have the practice to pay anything to the tour-guide. Not sure, heard Rolex price is cheapest in Spain bcz of such practice. Have a good trip there.

Comment

Originally posted by rayleh View Post
          Did you fully wind your Pam 177?
          Oophs! I dare not fully wind it as I'm afraid of "over-winding" may cause damage so once I sense the winding starts to get tight, I just stop it. At times in a rush, I just wind a few times only ... is that the cause of the "accuracy problem"?

Pls enlighten me i.e. do you keep winding until it cannot wind anymore ... so far I have not reached that stage in winding as not sure how far to go since it is very new (O model) and I really treasure it much... Tks

Comment

Just wind until you feel it cannot turn anymore, nothing will happen unless you used a great deal of force.

Comment

Originally posted by ngandrew View Post
              I bought it from one AD called SUAREZ recommended by the tour-guide. Basically they give 5 pct discount from the list price but not for this model which they claimed is hard to get so cud only squeeze out a couple of hundred dollars discount after marathon bargaining (this watch was not displaced in the show-room and they took it up to show if I have interest after sensing that I may/cud not pay the price for those models on display which is of the higher range price). Of course it is definitely cheaper to get in Spain but saving not that great (lately there was the ANZ bank promotion so if I cud get the watch here using the promotion + 5 pct standard discount, then the saving would be just marginal but it seems AD here does not have this model except ION boutique which is price at S$8600 if my memory is correct). If you are going on tour, your tour-guide sud be able to help you over there. One thing good about Spain, it seems they do not have the practice to pay anything to the tour-guide. Not sure, heard Rolex price is cheapest in Spain bcz of such practice. Have a good trip there.
              Thanks for the info....

Comment

It's best to fully wind it everyday and monitor the rate.

Being a large pocket watch movement the main spring won't break easily with some care.

Doing a comparison, people seldom break 6694 movement which is tiny beside the panerai Unitas movement.
                Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Many thanks to all the guidance and will fully wind it and monitor the accuracy. Btw do I have to wind it fully everyday even if it is still moving since I have been told that the watch will keep going for at least 45 hours if fully wind (I only wind it when it stops). Pls advice.

Comment

56 hours to be exact if fully wind. Just wind everyday if you are wearing it, it is very robust so don't worry.

Comment

I was advised by Panerai boutique at Florence to wind my 380 all the way each time.

Comment

Tks to all.

The watch is really very accurate after winding fully each time.

Comment

congrats on yr new purchase ngandrew...i love mine! it my daily beater as i find it super comfortable to wear!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X