No announcement yet.

Advice : Panerai Polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got the cape cod and the pen from JW. They do have stocks there. Tried them and they work great. Easy to use, open the package, use the cloth wiping of the polish (glossy) surface and then wipe off the excess using another cloth. I got those cloth that we use during or BMT to wipe off the excess..

Comment

remember not to use the cloth on the brushed surface...

Comment

Originally posted by edsonchan View Post
        Anyone knows the nest way to remove scratches and polish our pam's polish steel?

I mean apart from sending to richmont. Any DIY method?
        do NOT DIY. capecod may remove but at the same time add more seemingly "invisible" scratches to polished surfaces. I am speaking from first hand experience. I personally prefer messing with brushed steel finishing esp my SD. just ensure that that yr elbow has sufficient lubricant & most importantly plenty of patience. if you have a spare link or sumtin, try it on the link first.

as for the case itself, leave it to the pros lah.

alternatively u may wish to invest in a dremel drill for high speed polishing(which i tried as well). u would need to buy the suitable drill bit for the polished finish look but the finished product can never be pristine as a brand new one. that's a fact so guess we shld just get used to it.
        Remnants of my irresponsibility:
        "Foreign affections"
        1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
        2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
        3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
        4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
        What's NEXT?

Comment

Cost of Polishing

Hi PAM Lovers,

Just checking how much does it cost to polish the case and where? anyone wish to share their experience?

Thanks.
          Current Collection
          1.Panerai 104Q
          2.Hublot Classic Fusion Titanium
          3.Panerai 630S

Gone with the wind
          1.Tag Heuer 2000, Aquaracer Alarm, F1 Chronometer, Aquaracer Calibre 5, F1 Date Grande
          2.Ball Hydrocarbon "Mad Cow"
          3.Sinn U1
          4.Rolex Explorer 2(40mm), Explorer 2 (42mm)
          5.Panerai 111K, 312L, 000N, 359O
          6.Steinhart Aviation, Triton, Nav B-Uhr II
          7.Baume & Mercier Riviera
          8.Breitling Skyland Avenger, SuperOcean 44
          9. Tissot Touch II, T-Race Auto, Racing T-Touch
          10.Tudor Fastrider

Comment

Most preown shops

Most pre-own shops offer polishing services. Normally is between 100~200..... I advice dun polish if not needed cos it takes away some material from your watch....
            My Current

Rolex Daytona 116515
            Rolex Submariner 16610
            Rolex Submariner 116610
            Rolex Date 1550
            IWC Spitfire Chronograph 371705
            IWC Portuguese 7 Days 500107
            Omega Ocean Planet 22015000
            Bell & Ross Heritage BR126
            Grand Seiko GMT SBGM021
            Seiko Sumo SBDC001
            Seiko Sumo SBDC003
            Seiko Marinemaster SBDX012
            Seiko Brightz SDGZ013 Chronograph

Comment

Help needed for polishing service

Hi bros, does anyone here know where I can get polishing services for a OEM brushed steel deployant buckle? I dropped the buckle onto a rough concrete floor and the buckle is pretty scratched up with dings. Would appreciate estimated cost as well if you know it.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Any recommend for polishing of my 312?

Hi all bros and sistas,

Currently situation of my 312K hav afew scratches on it, and would like to know where will u guys recommend to do it up and look like brand new!
                Because both the polished and brushed surface are also scratched, is there a way to do it?
                Went to bright-time before and the sales person said my watch's scratches are quite deep (but doesn't look like it for me...lol), maybe i dun know how deep is considered deep for a watch. But they said it could be polished off.
                Please let me know where can i do it, how long do i hav to leave my watch there and the damage, of cos!
                Thanks in advance!

Comment

You plan to sell or continue wearing it?

If you plan to sell the 312, deep scratches are definitely not desirable and should be sent to Richemont Service Ctr for polishing.
                  Richemont guarantees 70% of the texture and shape will be maintained.
                  You will lose 30% and you should mention in your sale post that the watch has been polished and not LNIB or not polished.

If you plan to continue wearing it, don't bother no matter how deep and bad as you will get more.

Comment

If your watch is still within 2 years of purchase. Richemont polish it for $140.

If not under warranty, they told me they will need to charge $200 for removing and putting on the casing. Richemont polishing should take 1 - 2 weeks for this service

Otherwise, I suggest Time will tell at Selegie Center - $80 3 working days.

Comment

Thanks to the 2 bros who shared their views for me to consider...
                      Btw, for bro fred... if i had polished my pam, does it mean that the price will be cheaper if i wanna sell it? Although i dun think i will sell...Just curious about it...

Comment

Richemont Service Ctr. I paid $140 for the polishing. within 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Daytonalover View Post
                          Thanks to the 2 bros who shared their views for me to consider...
                          Btw, for bro fred... if i had polished my pam, does it mean that the price will be cheaper if i wanna sell it? Although i dun think i will sell...Just curious about it...
                          This is a very interesting thing about re-sale price.

If this watch is selling as a pre-owned with hairlines on the case... I guess the price should be more or less around 7.9k - 8k
                          If you have polish it to make it look immaculate and then sell it off, I think it should be able fetch a better price, maybe around 8.1k - 8.2K. In my opinion, the buyer

If this watch is BNIB, maybe can sell around 9K. But you bring it for polishing because there are hairline scratches that you did not see it during you initial import. A polish will definitely bring down the price.

To remove scratches, buffing is necessary. Therefore, metal will be taken away during the process.

Unfortunately, I have heard before people selling used watches and then send it in for polishing and sell it as BNIB...

Comment

Thanks for all the kind info...

Comment

Just asking hor

Q1) how to gauge that after polishing there is more than 70% of the texture and shape left ?

Q2) Richemont guarantees > 70%, Do that mean when a watch have 4 lug, then after polish 1 lug totally gone is still within the limit of >70%.

Will anyone pls tell me what does the 70% mean ?

Forgive me, this 70% thingy is all over my mind for the past few days.

Comment

Good Question

Am I missing something here? I have been to Richemont countless times and not once I was guaranteed more than 70% left thingy. They only assess the watch and tell me whether it needs a light polish or a full polish. Nothing mentioned about %.

Anyone has similar experience?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X