No announcement yet.

Question for Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the info, I'll go read up more... Appreciate everyone's effort here

Comment

Originally posted by VainKid View Post
      Thanks for the info, I'll go read up more... Appreciate everyone's effort here
      One more VK, I would only buy manual PAM. Somehow the auto just does not bring out the best of PAM. There is a 177 on sale and you should check it out... this one use to be $6k nia.... hiaz

Comment

Originally posted by dezy View Post
        One more VK, I would only buy manual PAM. Somehow the auto just does not bring out the best of PAM.
        Interesting comment. Why manual winding better? No wonder so many manual PAM out there.

Comment

It's a matter of preference here I guess. Some prefer auto, some prefer manual winding models. I'll have to go with dezy on manual PAMs. the dial layout of the manual PAMs are true to the historic origins of panerai. Simple, uncluttered dials. With a date field and the internal cyclops, the design of the PAM seems to have deviated from their DNA (in purists' openion). Besides, it's a joy to wind and feel the PAM every morning... it's the owner's way of connecting with the watch.

But having said that, there are a couple of auto PAMs that I lust for.... just that the price is not right. The PAM27A/BT and PAM28A/BT are my holy grails, and they do cost bomb.... even in this economic climate.
          "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Carz View Post
            Interesting comment. Why manual winding better? No wonder so many manual PAM out there.
            You want auto, get others like JLC, IWC, AP or Rolex. For me PAM is a mechie and the autos just don't look good esp with the date. It just spoils the design.

Comment

I too prefer pam in manual , but sometimes really miss the date function,
              Every time i wind my pam , i will tell myself to made full use of my time today .
              Focal JM_Labs .
              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
              Cartier Santos 100XL
              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

The most important thing is buy what u like.. why listen to us? No point buying a watch everyone says u must have but u won't like or wear. Some say must have a radiomir, becos thats the real original Pam design, but if a Rad doesnt sing to u, why buy it?

Anyway, most people will end up having both winding and auto Pams.. so buying one doesnt mean excluding the other.. if u ask me, the Pam I'm longing to buy right now is an auto.. a PVD Pam28 for eg.. but hey, the price isn't moving down, and is holding up rather better than some of the special edition winding and so called historic Pams..

If you want just to buy 1 Pam for your collection, buy the 233. In my view, it combines the best of Pam: it's winding, in a classic 1950 case, but comes with practical features like 8 day power reserve, gmt, date, pm/am indicator. the date got no cyclops somemore... for me, it's a keeper.

Best thing about Pam is that it has enough models for everyone to find something they like.. go with what sings to you, not what everyone says u should have, and certainly, not for investment value. It's a watch to wear!

Comment

Originally posted by coolblue View Post
                  The most important thing is buy what u like.. why listen to us? No point buying a watch everyone says u must have but u won't like or wear. Some say must have a radiomir, becos thats the real original Pam design, but if a Rad doesnt sing to u, why buy it?

Anyway, most people will end up having both winding and auto Pams.. so buying one doesnt mean excluding the other.. if u ask me, the Pam I'm longing to buy right now is an auto.. a PVD Pam28 for eg.. but hey, the price isn't moving down, and is holding up rather better than some of the special edition winding and so called historic Pams..

If you want just to buy 1 Pam for your collection, buy the 233. In my view, it combines the best of Pam: it's winding, in a classic 1950 case, but comes with practical features like 8 day power reserve, gmt, date, pm/am indicator. the date got no cyclops somemore... for me, it's a keeper.

Best thing about Pam is that it has enough models for everyone to find something they like.. go with what sings to you, not what everyone says u should have, and certainly, not for investment value. It's a watch to wear!
                  Well said . Everyone should always buys what sings to you. There are many models to choose & sometimes (or most of the time), one is not enough stop the poison

Dino

Comment

Another vote for the manual, in fact after I got into pams, I start avoiding watches which are auto and have date function..
                    But hey, get whatever watch you want, at the end of the day, it is going to YOUR watch so get watever rocks your boat...
                    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                    three times is enemy action and
                    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                    ."

Comment

See.... PAM fans only buy manuals... ke ke ke

Sorry to open a can of worm.

Comment

I like both manual and suto pams. Manual is really fun and historic...like the logo. Auto is fuzz-free to use...like my 24. Only thing I dislike is the cyclop and the linear PR...other than that the 233 is perfect.

Comment

Thanks to all the reply... how much does richemont charge for general servicing a pam ? For buying preowned what can i look out for ? how do i tell if the previous owner did damage the manual winding ?

Comment

like wat dezy and destro said, i dont need the date function, i like manual winding

Comment

Thanks to all the reply... how much does richemont charge for general servicing a pam ? For buying preowned what can i look out for ? how do i tell if the previous owner did damage the manual winding ?
                              Fwah, these kind of qns...
                              paging for destro22 and pamdino, your expertise are needed!
                              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                              three times is enemy action and
                              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                              ."

Comment

for general full servicing will be around $500.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X