Question for Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rolex48 View Post
    for general full servicing will be around $500.
    Like servicing a BMW....

Comment

stil less expensive than omega servicing...tat will pop ur eye balls out...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by VainKid View Post
        Thanks to all the reply... how much does richemont charge for general servicing a pam ? For buying preowned what can i look out for ? how do i tell if the previous owner did damage the manual winding ?
        If the manual winding has been spoilt by the previous owner, there's no end to winding, and the seconds hand will stop after a short while. Other things to look out for are wobbly crown and also, make sure the 2 crown guard screws are intact. The other thing to look out for when purchasing a preowned pam is to always ask the seller to allow you to unscrew the lug screws/pins yourself. Confirm that the inner lug threads on the case are not worn out before buying... else... the cost of changing the case is unimaginable.
        "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
          If the manual winding has been spoilt by the previous owner, there's no end to winding, and the seconds hand will stop after a short while. Other things to look out for are wobbly crown and also, make sure the 2 crown guard screws are intact. The other thing to look out for when purchasing a preowned pam is to always ask the seller to allow you to unscrew the lug screws/pins yourself. Confirm that the inner lug threads on the case are not worn out before buying... else... the cost of changing the case is unimaginable.
          Like I said before, you can't go much wrong with Bro Des's advice Have fun

Dino

Comment

the cost of changing the case is unimaginable.
            backside tear....

Comment

totally agreed with dino,you can't go wrong with bro destro!

Comment

The other thing to look out for when purchasing a preowned pam is to always ask the seller to allow you to unscrew the lug screws/pins yourself. Confirm that the inner lug threads on the case are not worn out before buying... else... the cost of changing the case is unimaginable.
                I'm also learning new things from Bro Des's advice/comment. He's very detailed & carefully
                But, as a seller, I would not let the buyer unscrew the lug srcews unless it's a 100% confirmed deal. Else, what happen if the buyer is not careful & srcatch the case?

Dino

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
                  I'm also learning new things from Bro Des's advice/comment. He's very detailed & carefully
                  But, as a seller, I would not let the buyer unscrew the lug srcews unless it's a 100% confirmed deal. Else, what happen if the buyer is not careful & srcatch the case?

Dino
                  backside tear....

Comment

hahaha...juz paste 3m tape b4 proceeding lor...hehehe

Comment

Dino
                      Thanks for your kind words bro Dino and Louie, I'm just sharing my experiences . Once I purchased a tang buckle described as brand new from one of the reputable forumers of p.com. it arrived and sure it did look brand new. However, while attaching the buckle to the strap, the screw-in of the pin felt coarse... I thought to myself that its probably cos the seller was meticulous enough to use locktite. 4 months later, I decided to change to another strap. To my horror (yes, horror), I couldn't tighten the pin. The inner thread of the buckle was totally worn. It was too late to point fingers at the seller, so I decided to let it pass. This was just the buckle, but imagine it to be the inner lug threads of the case?

And yes, I agree with bro Dino that only with a confirmed deal will I allow the buyer to unscrew the lugscrews himself.
                      "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
                      --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        I don't think the seller would bring 3M tape out to close deal. Also, there's no reasons for the buyer to do what he wishes if the deal is not 100% confirmed. It has to be fair to the seller as well.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

Dino

Comment

Great advices! Thks for sharing
                          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex48 View Post
                            for general full servicing will be around $500.

Probably when i wanna buy, i'll close the deal near your place and time for your convenience. Thats a very informative advice. another question, is the display back of pam watches made of mineral or sapphire ? does the crown guard get dings dents or scratches easily ?

Like I said before, you can't go much wrong with Bro Des's advice Have fun

Dino
                            You, destro and other forumer are pros, its for us newbies to learn from u guys

Originally posted by louie View Post
                            totally agreed with dino,you can't go wrong with bro destro!
                            Agree

Dino
                            I think the seller would demo it himself and like others has mention with the 3m tape on

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            I don't think the seller would bring 3M tape out to close deal. Also, there's no reasons for the buyer to do what he wishes if the deal is not 100% confirmed. It has to be fair to the seller as well.

Just my 2 cents opinion.

Dino
                            yes i agreee, the buyer should purchase the tape too

Comment

hehehe...i will provide the 3M tape myself..i got plenty..hahaha..juz kidding ard....

Comment

I think there should be a level of trust in the seller as well. And, trust comes with a price. Thus, it's sometimes better to buy from a reputed dealer/seller online, even if the price is slightly higher because you know that you can go back to him for after sale service or help .

Dino

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X