Pam 111 and 112 are nice but someome said they are just base model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eXis10z View Post
    Interesting point of view, considering the original panerais used "third party" rolex movements.
    fully agreed.

Comment

Paiseh huh. .. Wats the meaning of ETA

Comment

Eta: made by swatch group

Comment

Originally posted by goldcretu View Post
          Paiseh huh. .. Wats the meaning of ETA
          Europe Time Accuracy

Comment

didnt know the meaning till now

Comment

ETA was actually the name of the subsidiary company which was founded by Eterna...with the purpose of making watch movements for itself and the other Swiss watch companies... Thus all movement made by ETA was called the ETA movement...

There has been speculation that the name derives from ETernA but no reliable source to prove it...

ETA is now a subsidiary of The Swatch Group...meaning the Swatch Group control to whom can ETA provide their movements to thus the stories we have been hearing, Swtach is going to stop supplying ETA movements to watch companies out of the Swatch Group.

Swatch Group Brands :-

Prestige and Luxury Range:-

Breguet
              Harry Winston
              Blancpain
              Glashütte Original
              Jaquet Droz
              Léon Hatot
              Omega

High Range:-

Longines
              Rado
              Union Glashütte

Middle Range:-

Tissot
              ck watch + jewelry
              Balmain
              Certina
              Mido
              Hamilton
              Basic Range
              Swatch
              Flik Flak

Private label:-

Endura

(from Wikipedia)

Any other brands not mentioned does not belongs to Swatch Group which means they outsource their movement, buying ETA movements and modified it (well most of them do) which include Panerai...

So when someone refers a movement as an ETA movements , that just means that the movement was made by ETA...

Hope this helps...

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
              it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
              How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
              That's how winning is done.'

Comment

ETA movements are everywhere , mostly , and it includes familiar names like...

Eta 2824/2892 automatic
                Valjoux 7750 automatic
                Unitas 6497 manual winding

And since ETA has been making movements from 1950s and have their movement "upgraded" using top quality components in 1970s...they are a proven workhorse and most importantly...parts are not a problem to source if needed replacement during repairs...

Which also means owners have a choice to service their watches with ETA movement to just any qualified watchmakers/repairers and not restricted to the only solution of sending it to the Authorized Service Center...

Unlike newer in house movements...chances are it tougher for independent watchmakers/repairers to service the newer in house movement as it takes time to master it and chances are , it close to impossible to get replacement parts if needed to...

So owners are left with no choice but to send it back to the Authorized Service Center and that's when the absorbitant price of servicing shocked many who is unprepared...plus the chances of your precious watch being taken into custody which could be weeks or worse months...!

End of the day , we all have different choices and that's what makes us all unique...some prefer in house and some love ETA...which ever movements that's inside the casing...it still does its job...keeping track of time.

Cheers.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                That's how winning is done.'

Comment

thanks for the info, have learnt so much from the sharing by you!

Comment

Thanks bro Ryuden.

There lies my dilemma regarding Pams....

On one hand I think its more value if my Pam comes with in-house movement, but I worry about the serviceability and being held "hostage" by Richemont.

On the other hand, I think Pam with ETA movement doesn't justify its premium pricing, but it is easily servicable by 3rd party and easy to maintain on the long run.

I love the classic base pams' DNA and to me less is best for PAMs. Pam 111 & 112 rocks!

But now there is Pam 560 & 562 with in-house 8 days' movement!

Comment

• Hi all bros, sorry for hijacking the post. I actually looking for a Pam 113 but don know where is the best place for best place. Appreciate if some kind folks here can enlighten me.

Cheers.

Comment

• I love the pam 111 but sstill out of my budget. hope I can save enuf n get it soon.

Comment

• Here's another base model... I wonder why it's so expensive despite using non in-house 3rd party movement... People are c-r-a-z-y....

Another base model with 3rd party movement

Comment

• Originally posted by BAR_Honda View Post
                            Thanks bro Ryuden.

There lies my dilemma regarding Pams....

On one hand I think its more value if my Pam comes with in-house movement, but I worry about the serviceability and being held "hostage" by Richemont.

On the other hand, I think Pam with ETA movement doesn't justify its premium pricing, but it is easily servicable by 3rd party and easy to maintain on the long run.

I love the classic base pams' DNA and to me less is best for PAMs. Pam 111 & 112 rocks!

But now there is Pam 560 & 562 with in-house 8 days' movement!
                            Don't worry about the servicing Bro.. Soon or later 5 years down the road you ready for servicing, the In House part will be flood by 3rd part technician.. If I recall my visited jewellery shop at AMK ave 5 around st 52 & 53 if I not wrong, The 3rd party technician managed to get it In House part, just took a bit of time but managed, the issue over winding aiyo... From my point of view, if just do servicing no broken arrow no issue...

If the shop at AMK ave 5 technician able to do it, what do you think about the popular technician..

Comment

• Originally posted by willy_ View Post
                              I love the pam 111 but sstill out of my budget. hope I can save enuf n get it soon.
                              As long you have your target, you have no issue saving up for what you want. Good Luck Bro!..

Comment

• Originally posted by Gunbucker View Post
                                Here's another base model... I wonder why it's so expensive despite using non in-house 3rd party movement... People are c-r-a-z-y....

Another base model with 3rd party movement
                                In my point of view what makes Panerai, values, famous, Is not about the movement. Panerai was succeed on the design, a simple design from Panerai that's what we think.. Actually the most difficult effort, beyond puzzled..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X