Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skins View Post
    Hi all,

Have anyone bought any PAMS from the dealers without a shopfront? I asked the seller from *** whether his BNIB piece from overseas AD comes with receipt and he says Panerai dont issue receipts? Kind of weird to me to hear of such explanation.
    the receipt may have been used in the VAT refund. maybe he can only show you the credit card charge slip.
    AP Royal Oak Dual Time
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Pam 233
    Tag Heuer Aquaracer Day Date
    Steinhart LSE
    Steinhart Aviation Vintage
    116610LV

Hers:
    AP RO Ladies
    Rolex Ladies Datejust
    Bvlgari Diagono Sport
    Longines Flagship Ladies
    Cartier Santos XL

Wishlist:
    Pam024
    Daytona

Previous watches:
    Pam 000
    Pam 176
    Pam 388
    AP RO Chronograph 26320ST
    Tag Heuer Carrera Day Date Brown Dial

Comment

Interesting points all. I don't keep receipts for the watches I buy, and Ive bought a few from AD's who issue them.

My question is, why keep the receipts when they don't really serve any purpose? If you buy from an AD, the transaction is recorded in the accounts. If there's an issue with the watch, you head down to the service centre with your filled out warranty card to let them sort things out.
      I understand the fear when buying from a forumer, whether the watch is authentic. The receipt doesn't tell one anything whatsoever. One can easily fake a receipt. Bring the watch and have it authenticated if you need some assurance, and even then you can't tell if the watch will fail on you in a few months. Thats how it is with mechanical stuff, love it, hate it, buts just how the cookie crumbles.

Ultimately the adage stands, "buy the seller, not the watch".

Comment

Anyway, i have bought the watch albeit from another seller in this forum and have sent it for verification at JW. There was no receipt given and i have accepted as it is. My initial question was probably misconstrued but i did not clarify as i would like to hear more views regarding the issuance of receipts. The conversation message with the 1st seller that dealt with me goes like this:
        Me: Will you provide the receipt from the dealer?
        Him: No, there will be no receipt
        Him: Is not like Hermes bag
        Him:
        Him: Is this your first Panerai?
        Him: Can check with forum people if they have receipt
        Me: ya its my first pam
        Him: i see
        End of chat
        Maybe he could have read my question as whether grey dealers issue receipts or not but i read it as Panerai or its ADs does not issue receipts which i think is totally illogical so i posted this thread for clarification not intending to flame anybody or hurt anyone's rice bowls.

Peace

Comment

Originally posted by Rolex116613
          warranty already have the AD name n country.
          Some AD dont stamp the name of the shop and telp no.

They only stamp the city name and the signature of the store owner.

Comment

Originally posted by strassersg View Post
            Interesting points all. I don't keep receipts for the watches I buy, and Ive bought a few from AD's who issue them.

My question is, why keep the receipts when they don't really serve any purpose? If you buy from an AD, the transaction is recorded in the accounts. If there's an issue with the watch, you head down to the service centre with your filled out warranty card to let them sort things out.
            I understand the fear when buying from a forumer, whether the watch is authentic. The receipt doesn't tell one anything whatsoever. One can easily fake a receipt. Bring the watch and have it authenticated if you need some assurance, and even then you can't tell if the watch will fail on you in a few months. Thats how it is with mechanical stuff, love it, hate it, buts just how the cookie crumbles.

Ultimately the adage stands, "buy the seller, not the watch".
            Member, Pegasi, posted in this forum where he refuted this saying of "buy the seller" as a fallacy but rather to adopt caveat emptor as a guiding principle to consider. In this IT world, almost everything can be faked if the seller has the intention to cheat in the first instance.

Comment

I agree. For me though, it's about the entire experience. Buy the seller, meaning you have to do your homework and legwork. Many of us have bought and sold plenty on this and other forums, and i suspect for many of us, it boils down to the transaction experience. If I dont like the buyer/seller, suspect something's up, then I'm not going through with the deal. Of course, check the watch and all.
              That's said, it's tough knowing what's real or not, unless you open the back of the watch. Hence I do think, most of us deal amongst ourselves over and over again.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X