Question about winding a Pam 111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about winding a Pam 111

I've checked this forum and other websites. Seems like the consensus is "70-80 turns" to fully wind a watch which has stopped.

For my pam 111, i can actually wind up to 140-150 times before it's fully wound up. For me, each wind means moving my thumb from bottom to top which is effectively half a turn (circle).

Is there something wrong with my watch becos 140-150 times feel like a lot? Or is it normal since 140-150 x half turns = 70-80 turns as what is quoted on most websites?

Tks!

PS.
    My apologies if this is a stupid question...

Seems fine to me. How's ur power reserve?
    elusive

Comment

70-80 full-360-rotation of the crown is quite a fair bit of winding for 50+hr of reserve
      assuming you wear the 111 daily, that is about 150 winds x 70 rotation = 10k+ full rotation of the crown every year

heard frequent winding wears out parts faster - not sure how true

Originally posted by jamester View Post
      I've checked this forum and other websites. Seems like the consensus is "70-80 turns" to fully wind a watch which has stopped.

For my pam 111, i can actually wind up to 140-150 times before it's fully wound up. For me, each wind means moving my thumb from bottom to top which is effectively half a turn (circle).

Is there something wrong with my watch becos 140-150 times feel like a lot? Or is it normal since 140-150 x half turns = 70-80 turns as what is quoted on most websites?

Tks!

PS.
      My apologies if this is a stupid question...

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
        Seems fine to me. How's ur power reserve?
        Tks for reassuring reply. The power reserve is fine. About 2 full days

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
          70-80 full-360-rotation of the crown is quite a fair bit of winding for 50+hr of reserve
          assuming you wear the 111 daily, that is about 150 winds x 70 rotation = 10k+ full rotation of the crown every year

heard frequent winding wears out parts faster - not sure how true
          hmmm... u got a point.

back to my original question, so you think 70-80 (360 degree) full turns is abnormal for pam 111?

Comment

For me 70-80 is about right. I wouldn't say there are "full turns" though. Unfortunately there is not a scientific answer to such a question. It's like asking how many steps you take to walk from point A to point B. Bottom line is that the power reserve works as it should.
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X