Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting my first Pam

Hi All,

I'm new to the luxury watch world thus require assistance from experts here.

I have paid a deposit to one of the bro here selling his panerai. However, I have a few questions in mind.

1) Is it necessary to go for authentication? If so, where should I go to and how much would it cost? (The serial at the back of the watch matches with the number written in one of the manual-warranty)

2) There are some dings on the bezel, will the value of the watch go down if I go for polishing? Where can I go and how much would it cost?

3) The deal comes with the watch, wooden box, black box, two screw drivers, one rubber and leather strap, two manuals (which one of them contains the warranty) and dust cloth. What else should I look out for?

4) How long is the warranty of a typical panerai watch?

5) How long should I send the watch for servicing? Where should I go and how much would it cost?

Apologize for all these newbie questions. Hope you can help me with the best of your knowledge.

Thanks!

Originally posted by pam_newbie View Post
    Hi All,

I have paid a deposit to one of the bro here selling his panerai. However, I have a few questions in mind.

1) Is it necessary to go for authentication? If so, where should I go to and how much would it cost? (The serial at the back of the watch matches with the number written in one of the manual-warranty)

2) There are some dings on the bezel, will the value of the watch go down if I go for polishing? Where can I go and how much would it cost?

3) The deal comes with the watch, wooden box, black box, two screw drivers, one rubber and leather strap, two manuals (which one of them contains the warranty) and dust cloth. What else should I look out for?

5) How long should I send the watch for servicing? Where should I go and how much would it cost?

Apologize for all these newbie questions. Hope you can help me with the best of your knowledge.

Thanks!
    Hi, bro I will recommend you to had an auth before you make any final payment. During auth also can ask the tech to check any damage. As for wty dun expect much as you brought a pre-own, normally is 24 mth int wty.

Thanks!

Proud to be a Pam 104 owner..

Comment

Thanks xuyw for your advice. Where can I send for authentication and how much would it cost?

Comment

JW Watch does authentication.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          JW Watch does authentication.
          Hi bro, do you mean jwwatch.com/?

Comment

presume this is a cheap PAM312 i saw here for sale... ?
            ROLEX.

Comment

Yes it is

Hi bro, do you mean jwwatch.com/?
              http://www.jwwatch.com/
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i can understand your anxiety if this is your first luxury watch purchase

you can get the watch authenticated at any reliable third party shops, they charge a small fee (usually $30-$50)
                alternatively you may email or call the AD to verify from their records that they did sell this piece on the date stamped (both AD id and date are stamped/written in the warranty booklet)

for the dings on the bezel, if not deep, can be polished easily; however if it is very deep, i suggest you get it replaced (the bezel itself cost $180 thereabout at panerai service center + they charge additional ~$150 for the labour)

as for accessories, i think you missed out the bezel protector + strap tag + external brown carton box

warranty by panerai is two years, you may want to send the watch for servicing every 3-5years (not necessary if it is keeping good time)

finally, congrats on the purchase, and enjoy your pam

Hi All,

Thanks!
                Last edited by skydweller_sg; 08-04-13, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                  i can understand your anxiety if this is your first luxury watch purchase

you can get the watch authenticated at any reliable third party shops, they charge a small fee (usually $30-$50)
                  alternatively you may email or call the AD to verify from their records that they did sell this piece on the date stamped (both AD id and date are stamped/written in the warranty booklet)

for the dings on the bezel, if not deep, can be polished easily; however if it is very deep, i suggest you get it replaced (the bezel itself cost $180 thereabout at panerai service center + they charge additional ~$150 for the labour)

as for accessories, i think you missed out the bezel protector + strap tag + external brown carton box

warranty by panerai is two years, you may want to send the watch for servicing every 3-5years (not necessary if it is keeping good time)

finally, congrats on the purchase, and enjoy your pam
                  thanks bro for your reply. the three items that you listed - bezel protector + strap tag + external brown carton box were not provided. Will this bring down the value of the watch in future?

What are the third party shops to recommend for authentication? jwwatch is not opened today.

and yes, I'm very excited about my new watch!

Comment

no it doesnt bring down value of watch but if you are particular, you can ask the seller to provide it to you
                    unless if prior to deal seller already made clear that these items are not inclusive
                    alternatively, you can purchase bezel protector for $20 and strap tag for $10
                    however i dont think can purchase the brown carton box, which is actually nothing but a additional box just to protect the black box during shipment, most people throw it away, anyway

and one more thing, i think you missed out the stickers with watch s/nos - these could be pasted on the black box, pasted inside the warranty book, or left untouched on the waxy paper

thanks bro for your reply. the three items that you listed - bezel protector + strap tag + external brown carton box were not provided. Will this bring down the value of the watch in future?

What are the third party shops to recommend for authentication? jwwatch is not opened today.

and yes, I'm very excited about my new watch!
                    Last edited by skydweller_sg; 08-04-13, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skydweller_sg View Post
                      no it doesnt bring down value of watch but if you are particular, you can ask the seller to provide it to you
                      unless if prior to deal seller already made clear that these items are not inclusive
                      alternatively, you can purchase bezel protector for $20 and strap tag for $10
                      however i dont think can purchase the brown carton box, which is actually nothing but a additional box just to protect the black box during shipment, most people throw it away, anyway

and one more thing, i think you missed out the stickers with watch s/nos - these could be pasted on the black box, pasted inside the warranty book, or left untouched on the waxy paper
                      the seller says that he does not have those. the bezel protector, brown box, strap, movement sticker..

Comment

Thanks all for your kind advises. I have gotten my watch and loving every minute of it!

Comment

congrats on your new pam ^_^

Comment

Thanks all for your kind advises. I have gotten my watch and loving every minute of it!
                            Grats! It's just the start of a long journey of strap switcheroo lol. Post up wristshot when you have 20 posts ya?
                            Current
                            Pam 359
                            Pam 61 (Wifey Stole it)

On-Going Acquisition
                            Pam 372
                            Pam 423
                            Rolex DSSD

Wishlist
                            Pam 365

Comment

Gong Xi Gong Xi on your 1st luxury watch and I believe that this will not be your only watch as this is a very expensive and posionous hobby

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X