Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discussion on modalo watch winders

Thank for your response.

I asked because for a German Patented product? is it assembled in China? because the adapter is Made in China...not casting any doubts on products made in China since bulk of brand name consumer products are made in China anyway...Apple products for example.

I like the design a lot and have also seen similar designs in small stalls without the "Modalo" badge...knock offs?
    [IMG]http://www.bmw-sg.com/photopost/data/545/bbm_barcode.JPG[/IMG]

Originally posted by pilotsnoopy View Post
    Thank for your response.

I asked because for a German Patented product? is it assembled in China? because the adapter is Made in China...not casting any doubts on products made in China since bulk of brand name consumer products are made in China anyway...Apple products for example.

I like the design a lot and have also seen similar designs in small stalls without the "Modalo" badge...knock offs?

Comment

I have been in the Electronics industry for a long long time. For the past 5-7 years, I have not seen an adaptor from a different country. Have you seen any these days?

We can show shipping documents originating from Germany if you want.

The important thing is when something goes wrong, we will be there to support the after sales service.

Based on our track record, we have been the distributor (15 years) for Bryston, a 44-year old Canadian Amplifier company. We give 20-years warranty on parts and labour. We are very well known in the audiophile industry. Google "Bryston after sales service" and see the nice comments from AV forums and you will understand.

I have heard many stories that people throw away their winders bought on the internet when it fails.

Thats the difference in the people you bought from and we also offer a clause free 2-year warranty on parts and labour for Modalo Winders.

Comment

Originally posted by Lgoh View Post
        I have been in the Electronics industry for a long long time. For the past 5-7 years, I have not seen an adaptor from a different country. Have you seen any these days?

The important thing is when something goes wrong, we will be there to support the after sales service.

Based on our track record, we have been the distributor (15 years) for Bryston, a 44-year old Canadian Amplifier company. We give 20-years warranty on parts and labour. We are very well known in the audiophile industry. Google "Bryston after sales service" and see the nice comments from AV forums and you will understand.

I have heard many stories that people throw away their winders bought on the internet when it fails.

Thats the difference in the people you bought from and we also offer a clause free 2-year warranty on parts and labour for Modalo Winders.
        Like I said, I am not doubting you or saying you have misrepresented your products. The person I have given the winder to is very happy with the product and I been asked all sort of questions by other parties looking for one and knowing I have bought this which I can only answer it is a good buy.
        I am only asking you so I can make further referrals with stronger conviction, what is with the misinterpretation and implying things?

Thank for your response.

Comment

Those were great questions being asked and I think the reply was convincing and go a long way to boost buyers confidence.

I think we should all be less apprehensive of intentions...after all a forum is here to share information. If you have attended oversea forums (such as those in the US and UK), you cannot help but notice that these tend to be more cordial, polite and informative than those hosted locally.

Comment

i see no linkage between providing audiophile warranty and watch winder warranty as both manufacturing companies are different and selling different products.

just state the warranty terms and conditions for the watch winder only.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i had held back already in the other thread, thank admin/moderator for moving this thread.

What I understood was the winder was to be repaired by some local repairman whom is servicing the audio products as well...if that is so...I have my local contacts to do so as well...there is no shipping of the product back to germany or 1-1 exchange...that was why I decided not to take up the $170 warranty offer.

Comment

With reference to this post on modalo's TPD, it is like 4 times higher than that recommended by orbita's recommended rolex tpd exclude daytona and submariner.

in an unfortunate event, if a rolex is placed on the modalo winder and the movement is damaged as a result, what will your company do

one forum member has purchased a winder from you and is afraid to use it for fear of damaging the watch's movement since there is nothing mentioned on my above scenario. what do you propose this forum member to do

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

if the repairer is a trained technician in watch winder, im ok. else ......

can you elaborate on the $170 warranty offer

What I understood was the winder was to be repaired by some local repairman whom is servicing the audio products as well...if that is so...I have my local contacts to do so as well...there is no shipping of the product back to germany or 1-1 exchange...that was why I decided not to take up the $170 warranty offer.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

hi guys, was reading the number of TPD the modalo winders does.

when it says 2340 turns per 24hrs, is he saying that its 2340 TPD?????
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Re: Modalo Watch Winders

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                      hi guys, was reading the number of TPD the modalo winders does.

when it says 2340 turns per 24hrs, is he saying that its 2340 TPD?????
                      Hi exxondus, i'm new here but not new to this site as i've dropped in a couple of times the past 12 months or so. I think its high time I'd join this forum.

Rgd your question on TPD... yes 2340 turns per 24hrs = 2340TPD. IMHO... its on a high side.

Watch winders normally serve to provide between 650TPD to 1200TPD.

My watch winder blog is almost ready and once its up, members here can learn a small fraction about watch winders. Through this sharing you'll be able to know how to care for your luxury timepieces on a winder unit.
                      Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                      • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                      • Montre de MarQue
                      • Etoile D'Or
                      • Hotel Indonesia
                      • Glory Time
                      • The Watch-Collector
                      • Time Palace
                      • The Swiss Connection
                      • M Baker
                      • Maurice Lacroix
                      • Time Marques
                      • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Em... Looking forward to your blog , i'm thinking of getting a winder for my watches .
                        Focal JM_Labs .
                        "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                        Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                        Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                        Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                        Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                        Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                        Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                        Cartier Santos 100XL
                        Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          if the repairer is a trained technician in watch winder, im ok. else ......

can you elaborate on the $170 warranty offer
                          $170 is for 2 years warranty whereby it seems the technician is the person repairing seller's audio products as well.

if you do not purchase it, a guarantee card is not given but taken from you.

Comment

so this means that buyers need to PURCHASE 2 years warranty for $170?

eilux and orbita winders comes with warranty when purchase. dont need to purchase warranty. looks like i would have to email modalo HQ to enquire more before purchasing this brand of watch winder

$170 is for 2 years warranty whereby it seems the technician is the person repairing seller's audio products as well.

if you do not purchase it, a guarantee card is not given but taken from you.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              so this means that buyers need to PURCHASE 2 years warranty for $170?

eilux and orbita winders comes with warranty when purchase. dont need to purchase warranty. looks like i would have to email modalo HQ to enquire more before purchasing this brand of watch winder
                              yes about there for 2 years warranty.

i like the design build and looks...its quite a reasonable price...

just some concerns which I wish the seller will address better, esp when I have no ill intentions and was in fact trying to find out more to encourage people to go to him.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X