discussion on modalo watch winders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
    Hi exxondus, i'm new here but not new to this site as i've dropped in a couple of times the past 12 months or so. I think its high time I'd join this forum.

Rgd your question on TPD... yes 2340 turns per 24hrs = 2340TPD. IMHO... its on a high side.

Watch winders normally serve to provide between 650TPD to 1200TPD.

My watch winder blog is almost ready and once its up, members here can learn a small fraction about watch winders. Through this sharing you'll be able to know how to care for your luxury timepieces on a winder unit.
    thanks ten10! looking forward to seeing your blog.

WOW!! 2340TPD!! I couldnt believe my eyes thats why I posted that question to reconfirm.

as much as i udnerstd newer mechanical watches have a mechanism to prevent overwinding, but is it worth buying a winder that will stress that mechanism by over 1000+ extra turns per day?

For that price, its almost the same as an Eilux which supports 600-900 TPDs where you can place your watches on it without having to worry.

theres no way I will dare to recommend this brand of winders to my friends. If something were to happen to their watches, how would I ans? IMO, its a goden brick as I will be afriad to use it on my more expensive watches.

but of cos, thats just me cos I poor man, scare something happen to my expensive watches

btw, just FYI, there are some winders where there is an option to have a 12 hour delay before it starts to turn. Reason for this is because after wearing a watch for 1 full day, you would want to give the main spring time to unwind before winding it again.
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Did a experiment on this winder. With 2 mins winding and 6 mins resting continuously cycles, a power reserve of 32 hours were observed. With a full hand wound of 40 turns, 42 hours were observed. As such, it seems to be acceptable ranges.

Comment

Originally posted by vortexkim View Post
        Did a experiment on this winder. With 2 mins winding and 6 mins resting continuously cycles, a power reserve of 32 hours were observed. With a full hand wound of 40 turns, 42 hours were observed. As such, it seems to be acceptable ranges.
        the thing i am concern is, if your watch is placed on the winder for 2-3 days consecutively? is there gg to be strain on the main spring or overwind mechanism. I mean, you don basically wind you watch again after you have given it 40 turns right? but the winder at 2340 TPDs seem to be doing that about every 6 min interval for 2 full minute.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

in this case, the price is fair and transparent....

buyers can either choose to buy with or without warranty......
          the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

What about people wearing watches 24 hours a day? Does it mean have to stop wearing after 650 tpd. A good Winder should turn cw and ccw with interval resting time for e spring coil to loosen.

Comment

Originally posted by vortexkim View Post
              What about people wearing watches 24 hours a day? Does it mean have to stop wearing after 650 tpd. A good Winder should turn cw and ccw with interval resting time for e spring coil to loosen.
              lol, i doubt we move our wrists non stop to achieve 650 tpd. even if we do, they will b times ur wwrist is not really moving like when u sleep for 8-10 hrs in the night and the watch gets to unwind.

note: some movements like 2892 are slightly harder to wind and hence, even wearing 1 full day may not fully wind the watch.)

Mayb if i jerk non stop i will hit 2340 or more TPDs

jokes aside:

with regard to ur 2nd point, thats y recommeded tpd is 600-1200 for most watches which is inclusive of CW n CCW diections. A good winder is NOT to make sure your watch is 100% fully wind. it should merely wind a max of 90%. IMO keeping ur spring 100% wind constantly isn't gg to do your watch any good. Hence, the recommeded 600-1200 TPDs.

Else, just get a winder that turns non stop. 2340 tpds will most prob keep the watch fully wind constantly anyway

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X