Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

maybe the birkinstock winder pillows are as comfy as the sandals

Comment

Hi, firstly apologize if i offend anyone in my later question.

May i know if i use the watch winder, and i set to 800 turn per day, will it really take 24 hour to rotate 800 turn or i set at 800 cycle and eventually will end at properly eg:30min?

Please school me.

Comment

Would the winder damage the watches in any way?

Comment

800 TPD means in a day it does 800 turns. 1 cycle could mean x turns in y mins.

Originally posted by FAOF View Post
          Hi, firstly apologize if i offend anyone in my later question.

May i know if i use the watch winder, and i set to 800 turn per day, will it really take 24 hour to rotate 800 turn or i set at 800 cycle and eventually will end at properly eg:30min?

Please school me.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

if a watch requires 800 TPD then it would not damage the watch. however if a watch only needs 650 TPD and it is out on a 800 TPD mode. then the slipping clutch of the automatic watch may be damaged in the long run

Originally posted by iclebo2014 View Post
            Would the winder damage the watches in any way?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Hi triton, thanks for the reply. may i ask another 2 noob questions. As i'm getting my 1st automatic watch rolex 16610.

If my automatic watch stopped, what are the procedure when using a watch winder. I need a clear picture
              Is it like this

Maual self winding
              1)turn the crown anti clockwise till it pop out
              2)manual turn the crown clockwise, but for how many turn? just turn 650 time? (if 16610 required 650TPH)
              3)Set date & time
              4)Push back the crown all the way and turn clockwise to secure.

Using a watch winder

1) put the stopped watch into the winder
              2) set the TPH --> must really need to wait till 24hr then the watch resume running
              3) If will to wait till 24 hr to meet the 650TPH, after remove the watch from the winder machine, may i know whats the next step?

Do i need to do like an example a Maual self winding but maybe afew turn to make the watch start moving?
              or once the watch winder fulfill the 650 turn, the 16610 will automatic start moving?

please add on if i miss out anything.

Lastly thanks for the patience and guidance

Comment

any senior can help me in my above queries? Very much appreciate

Comment

im wondering a watch require servicing depends how many u wear it

if u put a watch in a winder, it's like making full use of it even though u not wearing it..

but my friend told me, watch are not support to stop, it should be keep moving

confusing.. so should i put in a winder or not?

Comment

there are those who say that a watch should be in constant motion. so if one is not wearing a watch, the alternative is put on a winder. however, putting it on a winder means the watch parts are in constant motion which may result in wear and tear.

then there are those who say that a watch need to be in constant motion. so if one is not wearing a watch, let it rest. however, if the watch parts are not moving, then there is less wear and tear which is good. can prolong servicing. however, it may lead to the oil clogging up in some areas meaning that the lubrication is not evenly spread out, then it may cause wear and tear faster @ places where there is lack of lubrication.

so how does one decide. it depends which one you are more comfortable with.

Originally posted by patrickl33 View Post
                    im wondering a watch require servicing depends how many u wear it

if u put a watch in a winder, it's like making full use of it even though u not wearing it..

but my friend told me, watch are not support to stop, it should be keep moving

confusing.. so should i put in a winder or not?

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

exactly...

dilemma dilemma

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      there are those who say that a watch should be in constant motion. so if one is not wearing a watch, the alternative is put on a winder. however, putting it on a winder means the watch parts are in constant motion which may result in wear and tear.

then there are those who say that a watch need to be in constant motion. so if one is not wearing a watch, let it rest. however, if the watch parts are not moving, then there is less wear and tear which is good. can prolong servicing. however, it may lead to the oil clogging up in some areas meaning that the lubrication is not evenly spread out, then it may cause wear and tear faster @ places where there is lack of lubrication.

so how does one decide. it depends which one you are more comfortable with.

Comment

Priceless tips

Comment

Everyone needs one as they are a must have that's for sure.

Comment

Eric says "Absolutely Not". In case the Youtube embed doesn't work, here is the url:
                            "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3vsJWgOY6Y"

Comment

Great info and tip here.

Comment

Sorry for being noob here. But is there a standard TPD for all Rolex? Does TPD for a Sub differs from that of a Oyster Perpetual 31mm?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X