The Arrival of Mr Orb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Arrival of Mr Orb...

It has finally arrived! I did not expect it to be this big though...

It wasn't long before the unwrapping began... (right after the snapshots were taken)

Comment

The packaging was top-notch... kudos to the manufacturer!

Protection all around... what more can a customer ask for?

Comment

Solid hard case for possibly the most fragile item in the checklist...

Comment

Laying out all the ingredients before starting the fire! It comes with a child-friendly instruction manual as well!

Nice and tidy packaging once again...

Pretty intricate motherboard piece

Comment

The assembly begins... Simple enough for someone like me who ain't exactly into the DIY trend!

Had trouble fixing one of the boards onto the casing. One of the screw-on spacers was filled with too much glue by an over-zealous worker, thus causing some distress in the form of me having to 'clean up' the internal screw threads. Slight disappointment.

The assembly is finally completed.

Comment

it is a beauty.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Power on... Testing 1, 2, 3...

Comment

Presenting to you... the Orbita Tourbillon 3! Who says only watches are conversational pieces? The same accolade can be applied to watchwinders as well. Special thanks to brother ten10 who convinced me to get this beauty over other equally 'visually enticing' pieces! A privilege to share my joy with all the bros here as well. Cheers!

Comment

Introducing the Tourbillon 3, a state-of-the-art winder by Orbita!

This is the ‘Porche’ of all winders when you compare to a Buben & Zorweg which makes the Rolls Royce of all winders.

The Tourbillon 3 has an advance digital technology which displays the exact time and TPD. It has an on-board photo-optic system that sees and calculates individual cylinder rotation. Each time it stops (pauses) winding, it advances in a 30 degree position. This cancels out any mechanical errors in the watch accuracy caused by gravity; thus the name Tourbillon. Just Google and you’ll find lots of info about this.

To top it all, the TPD display resets itself at midnight. This simply means it has completed a full 390 degrees and has ended its winding cycle for the day, achieving its user-set TPD program.

Blue LEDs add drama to the overall look! You can select various flashing style too.

FYI, Orbita uses 2224 series ironless-core motors from Faulhaber inside one of each pair of winding cylinders. All cylinders are fitted with precision ball-bearings.

The Tourbillon 3 is for those collectors of fine timepieces who want to maintain their watches with absolute control, precision with style!

Sorry TS, I got carried away... Let you continue to write us your own review!

cheers,
                    ten10
                    Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                    • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                    • Montre de MarQue
                    • Etoile D'Or
                    • Hotel Indonesia
                    • Glory Time
                    • The Watch-Collector
                    • Time Palace
                    • The Swiss Connection
                    • M Baker
                    • Maurice Lacroix
                    • Time Marques
                    • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

So Souled, what is the total damage together with freight and other costs!!
                      Current
                      ------------
                      SS Rolex OysterDate Precision 6694
                      SS Rolex Explorer II 16570 (White)
                      SS Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 (Black)

Comment

Looking at the design. Simply stunning!
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by novaol View Post
                          So Souled, what is the total damage together with freight and other costs!!
                          Well, I got my mate to get the item direct from Orbita in the US. Compared to the price offered by their AD here (5k plus), I reckon my savings are more than 50%. Was lucky that my mate had some special lobang for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                            Introducing the Tourbillon 3, a state-of-the-art winder by Orbita!

This is the ‘Porche’ of all winders when you compare to a Buben & Zorweg which makes the Rolls Royce of all winders.

The Tourbillon 3 has an advance digital technology which displays the exact time and TPD. It has an on-board photo-optic system that sees and calculates individual cylinder rotation. Each time it stops (pauses) winding, it advances in a 30 degree position. This cancels out any mechanical errors in the watch accuracy caused by gravity; thus the name Tourbillon. Just Google and you’ll find lots of info about this.

To top it all, the TPD display resets itself at midnight. This simply means it has completed a full 390 degrees and has ended its winding cycle for the day, achieving its user-set TPD program.

Blue LEDs add drama to the overall look! You can select various flashing style too.

FYI, Orbita uses 2224 series ironless-core motors from Faulhaber inside one of each pair of winding cylinders. All cylinders are fitted with precision ball-bearings.

The Tourbillon 3 is for those collectors of fine timepieces who want to maintain their watches with absolute control, precision with style!

Sorry TS, I got carried away... Let you continue to write us your own review!

cheers,
                            ten10
                            Hey bro,

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on the winder - some of which I am not even aware of myself!

I have been using the winder for a few days now and its performance in terms of mechanical specifications (TPD, 390 deg rotations) have been spot-on thus far. The winding mechanism runs really smoothly and silently as well. Not to mention the 'Christmas' lighting which enhances its visual appeal; almost akin to a ticking time bomb (with all the exposed circuitry and wiring)! Am genuinely pleased with the device, just hope durability will be one of its virtues too!

Comment

Hi bro Souled, is it hard to assemble and operate? Seem very hard. Thank u

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X