Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get Eilux or Wolf Designs Watch Winder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get Eilux or Wolf Designs Watch Winder?

Anyone knows where I can get Eilux or Wolf Designs watch winder from local shop? And which is a better brand?

Tks!

you may want to visit eilux and wolf design website to ask them who are the dealers in sg that carries their stock.

to me, the internal working mechanism is more important. most eilux winders these days comes with min 900 TPD. which is close to 250 TPD more than recommended for rolex watches. i still have 1 eilux triple winder that works on 650 TPD. so far, the winder has served me well and my watches well.

though some will be say even with higher TPD, it makes no difference because there is a slipping clutch mechanism in most if not all automatic watches which prevents the watches from over-wind.

however to some, the question is why subject the watch to unnecessary due stress? yes, the slipping clutch is to prevent overwind, but if the slipping clutch is constant be subjected to usage, will the slipping clutch mechanism break down? one member has even gone to the extend that advice was sought from a well-known brand watch technician to say that additional TPD will not damage your watch.

all moving parts within a watch is subjected to service once between 3-5 years depends on usage. if the slipping clutch is constantly being activated, will it not cause the part to 'break down' faster compared to normal usage? i leave it to you to decide.

the winder is to simulate the hand movement to keep the power reserve up. however, the question now is for orbita, the recommended TPD is 650. for eilux is 900 TPD. this means an additional of 250TPD, why? i got no answer, but the speculative answer could be that the winder can accommodate any watch under 900 TPD.

Originally posted by jamester View Post
    Anyone knows where I can get Eilux or Wolf Designs watch winder from local shop? And which is a better brand?

Tks!
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I like and used both brands. Very well made and silent motor. You can get Wolf Design winder from Acube Timeless in Penninsula Shopping Centre.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X