Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anywhere to get winder at good price.

Comment

Any place to recommend for cheap winder?

Comment

That's true, normally we recommend to change the battery weekly when the watch winder using battery operated.
        posting of commercial products in profile is not allowed.

please read the forum faq thread - advisory for members

for advertising, please email administrator@sg-roc.com

Comment

Hello TS, sorry to rod your thread. I am a newbie here and I cannot post new threads yet. Just wana ask some advices from all of you here, I've recently bought a 2 + 3 winder for my pam and oris. However, my pam stops even after I uses the winder. My oris still runs. Any advices? Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by dtyr View Post
            Hello TS, sorry to rod your thread. I am a newbie here and I cannot post new threads yet. Just wana ask some advices from all of you here, I've recently bought a 2 + 3 winder for my pam and oris. However, my pam stops even after I uses the winder. My oris still runs. Any advices? Many thanks in advance.
            watch winders should work for Pams, assuming that they are not hand wound...

Comment

Originally posted by dtyr View Post
              Which Pam model you have? Izzit a hand wound or auto? I dunno what wonder you have but mine allows me to set the precise tpd. No need to time and turn off etc. it also comes with a speed winding function. If I were to place an unwound watch in there and set the required tpd, it will run outta juice. I end to use the speed wind function to get it up to spd. Think of the speed wind as a jump start or warm up while the tpd settings as maintanence.
              I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
              http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by jamester View Post
                Hello Jamster, my pam is 359. It's an auto watch. I am testing out again these few days and shall see how it goes first. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                  Which Pam model you have? Izzit a hand wound or auto? I dunno what wonder you have but mine allows me to set the precise tpd. No need to time and turn off etc. it also comes with a speed winding function. If I were to place an unwound watch in there and set the required tpd, it will run outta juice. I end to use the speed wind function to get it up to spd. Think of the speed wind as a jump start or warm up while the tpd settings as maintanence.
                  Helle Roguehog, I am using Pam359, it's an auto watch. My winder is those basic type which just on/off with selectable swing type. It does not have the TPD function thou... I am testing it out again these few days, hopefully it goes well this time round.. keke..

Comment

Originally posted by jamester View Post
                    That's what I thought also. Will be trying out again these few days and see how it goes.

Comment

I am using PAM 359, it's an auto watch. My winder is a basic type with on/off and changeable directional switch. lol. Will be trying out again these few days and see how it goes. Anyways, thanks a lot for sharing your point of view. Cheers..

Comment

359 and 320 shares the same base movement. both 650 tpd both direction.

if you place the watch on the winder when it the watch has zero power reserve, i.e. the watch is not ticking away at all, then you need to power it up a bit first. it's easier if there is a pri like the 320 or 321. even if i wind it just beyond the "red" zone as indicated by my PRI, it will not work up enug power reserve when just running on the basic 650 tpd cycle. i still need to start it up and put it on speed wind to generate enuf power.
                        I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                        http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

359 and 320 shares the same base movement. both 650 tpd both direction.

if you place the watch on the winder when it the watch has zero power reserve, i.e. the watch is not ticking away at all, then you need to power it up a bit first. it's easier if there is a pri like the 320 or 321. even if i wind it just beyond the "red" zone as indicated by my PRI, it will not work up enug power reserve when just running on the basic 650 tpd cycle. i still need to start it up and put it on speed wind to generate enuf power.
                          Thanks a lot for your value information Roguehog...

Comment

saw online selling 2 slot winder at around $140+ dont remember what brand. but is it ok to buy?
                            a newbie here. thanks

Comment

whether to buy or not is entire up to you since you have already read post #2 and post #3

Originally posted by Rayner View Post
                              saw online selling 2 slot winder at around $140+ dont remember what brand. but is it ok to buy?
                              a newbie here. thanks
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi, I would also caution to review the requirements as specific watches do have different winder specs. One of my jlc was having problems with the power reserve and when I bought back to the shop, the reason was over winding and they think it was my winder (will not name the winder brand as i think its not really the winder issue but more of my own settings and ignorance in usage) that caused the problem.

So I've since stopped using my winder. Just sharing my personal experience, not against using Winders but just to use with care.

Rgds,
                                Casey

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X