Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water inside date just

my wife date just has water inside.
    never been service before since purchased in 2010.
    now the needles is not moving.
    should I go to the RSC or outside. what is the estimated cost to repair it.
    water so easy go inside rolex. I have a 2002 sub also never service before but always wear it to the pool but never water get inside.
    look forward to your kind advise.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33973212@N02/15112277231/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33973212@N02/15112277231/

Bro...if I am u I will chop chop get it rectify.

Comment

Originally posted by zkin View Post
      Bro...if I am u I will chop chop get it rectify.
      Knocked off my chair when the staff call me about the repair cost.. S$1840.. Change faceplate 800, cystral 90 and 850 is the overhaul price.. Don't repair cost 107.. Cannot get back faulty parts (think they keep to repair).. How to know they give us new spares parts like this.. At their mercy..

Comment

Bro,
        Keep Calm, don't panic.
        Try this for a quick fix, however please know this is only temp fix!
        You should still seek a watch service, to fully assess the situation of your watch.

1.unscrew the crown ! (unscrew only to have it set to winding position).
        2.Take hair dryer, and start to dry your watch with it (swing it"hairdryer" from side to side).
        3.until clear out all the condensation(water vapor) inside the watch.
        4."Make absolute sure ", there's no more water inside, try to set the time and wind it.
        5.Find a reputable watch shop, get it fix by a pro.

Thanks

Comment

my suggestion is that you take the watch to a watch technician to get it fixed. not sure if you need to change the dial or not. depends on the extent of damage.

you can try some of the forum advertisers who does watch servicing.

alternatively you can try to go to people's park complex, any of the shops there that sells rolex should be able to assist you. can always get them to quote

bottom line is that you need to feel comfortable with the shop/watch technician before you hand it over.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I have seen people going to Rolex Centre because water in the dial.. repair damage = 6k ... so please tighten the crown screw properly before going into water. u can try to go lucky plaza level 3. there's one servicing watch shop which is run by former Rolex Technician.. after he retired from Service Centre.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X