Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase From Authorized vs Unauthorized Local Shop Dealer

Hi All,
    Would like to have advice base on your experience.
    May i know the different or thing to look out from if to consider to get from unauthorized shops.
    Price is different, what about service, any problem with RSC, etc..
    Please show me f this thread has been discussed before as i have brows and couldn't find or too noob to find it.
    Thanks alot.

If both have shops, the difference isn't really significance. Because they are supposed to issue you some form of receipt and you may reveal your wish to have the watch authenticated after the purchase. If watch is not genuine, most of the time, the shops would do a full refund. But best is to request for this before you made the purchase. Then, the wish to authenticate or not depends on how much you trust the non-authorised shop.

For the ADs, it is probably less complicated because you buy with a better ease of mind. I have people asking me if they should also verify the watch if it is bought from an AD... well, I rest my case
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

when buying from AD, you are confirm to get a watch brand new and the watch being original.

• prices are more or less the same as the discount between the various ADs is similar.
      • watches are new. there is no risk of the watch being sold as used in very good condition.
      • the watch itself is real, no risk of it being fake
      • you are likely to get everything that comes with the watch- the white plastic container, inner and outer box, warranty card, bezel protector, tags, model booklet, etc
      • especially for datejust model, there is no risk of mis-match dial configuration

as for unauthorized local shop, are you referring to preown watch shop selling rolex? if that is the case, then you will need to do quite a fair bit of homework.

• for watches listed as new, the price can vary quite abit from these gray dealers due to various reasons.
      • the watches listed as new, are they really new or have the watches been worn and pass it off as new.
      • the watch itself could be compromise in various ways, there is a possibility of non original parts. *you may google for a case where a buyer went to a shop and bought a watch then later found it to be fake. (this story is not validated)*
      • there is a possibility of missing tag(s), plastic container, bezel protector, etc.
      • there is a chance that for date-just model, there is a possibility of mis-match dial configuration

for the last point mentioned in buying from unauthorized local shop, the datejust model once have a mismatch of say dial configuration, RSC will not service the watch even though all parts are original.

if you are a first time buyer, i would recommend you to buy from AD for a peace of mind even though the pricing is higher compared to gray dealer.

good luck.

Originally posted by Shaun23 View Post
      Hi All,
      Would like to have advice base on your experience.
      May i know the different or thing to look out from if to consider to get from unauthorized shops.
      Price is different, what about service, any problem with RSC, etc..
      Please show me f this thread has been discussed before as i have brows and couldn't find or too noob to find it.
      Thanks alot.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        when buying from AD, you are confirm to get a watch brand new and the watch being original.

• prices are more or less the same as the discount between the various ADs is similar.
        • watches are new. there is no risk of the watch being sold as used in very good condition.
        • the watch itself is real, no risk of it being fake
        • you are likely to get everything that comes with the watch- the white plastic container, inner and outer box, warranty card, bezel protector, tags, model booklet, etc
        • especially for datejust model, there is no risk of mis-match dial configuration

as for unauthorized local shop, are you referring to preown watch shop selling rolex? if that is the case, then you will need to do quite a fair bit of homework.

• for watches listed as new, the price can vary quite abit from these gray dealers due to various reasons.
        • the watches listed as new, are they really new or have the watches been worn and pass it off as new.
        • the watch itself could be compromise in various ways, there is a possibility of non original parts. *you may google for a case where a buyer went to a shop and bought a watch then later found it to be fake. (this story is not validated)*
        • there is a possibility of missing tag(s), plastic container, bezel protector, etc.
        • there is a chance that for date-just model, there is a possibility of mis-match dial configuration

for the last point mentioned in buying from unauthorized local shop, the datejust model once have a mismatch of say dial configuration, RSC will not service the watch even though all parts are original.

if you are a first time buyer, i would recommend you to buy from AD for a peace of mind even though the pricing is higher compared to gray dealer.

good luck.
        What do you mean 'mismatch dial configuration'? Do you mean a Datejust which was originally white Roman, was modified to a black Arabic (also for the same DJ model)?
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

certain dials are meant for TT, certain dials are meant for YG, these dials wont be on a SS models.

even if the dials are original from rolex, if a dial meant for TT is found on a SS model, then RSC will reject servicing the watch.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          What do you mean 'mismatch dial configuration'? Do you mean a Datejust which was originally white Roman, was modified to a black Arabic (also for the same DJ model)?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Ah I see... makes sense. That I haven't come across.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks Bros for enlightening.
              Have a great evening.

Comment

Do ADs normally have a new piece at the back or do u guys normally take the one that u just tried on that is on display? Asking for a DJ.

Thanks.

Sorry for hijacking but i cant seem to create a new thread.

Comment

as a buyer, if you prefer a new piece, then ask for it. if the AD has one piece available. they will take it for you.

this is because for DJ models, there are quite a number of combination of dials and bezel. hence AD may not be well stocked for every single combination.

Originally posted by zzasd View Post
                  Do ADs normally have a new piece at the back or do u guys normally take the one that u just tried on that is on display? Asking for a DJ.

Thanks.

Sorry for hijacking but i cant seem to create a new thread.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

From my humble experience, those AD did recommend me to swap the selected chain to the watch face that I liked for DJ.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X