Price Check on Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    As it stands now, the legitimate, standard discount generally for ROLEX watches is at 10%. For the sports models, discount rates vary from zero to between 10% & 15%. So it is incorrect to say that there's no discount given for walk-ins. You are, however, not wrong to say that 'once upon a time' one could get up to 20% off the retail price of a ROLEX watch.

Cheers
    Almost all the THG that I visited told me that there is no discount (or max 5% discount) for Stainless Steel Sport models.. Most offer discounts like you say.. And one really need to work hard to do homework and to visit few local ADs to get the best discount.. You cannot really rely on this forum.. As the discount really varies among ADs and it is changing almost daily......

Comment

• Originally posted by badass09 View Post
      Hi guys... Jus checked with rolex at ion yesterday... The salesman told me that the 116613LN has discount not sure how many percent but he said that it costs ard $16k plus and after discount will be $14k plus... And he also said that all tge SS subs are sold out and gotno discount but the half gold n solid gold subs have discount... jus my 2 cents worth...
      If want good discount (>20%), just get the watch from the "Parallel Importer." They are not tight down with Rolex requirement like the AD. They do not need to secure their dealership rice bowl with Rolex. Because of this, they are not answerable to rolex if give more discount.

Comment

• Hi Guys, sorry to hijack abit. I`m very new too and am looking to get my first rolex, the SS Sub date. I`ve been look at the garage and notice the prices are very much more enticing compared to ADs. Few questions though:
        (1) What are 'gray dealers', and is it safe to buy?
        (2) I can authenticate the watch at Tong centre before buying? And how much to authenticate?
        (2) Alot of them say unnamed warranty card, but date stamped though...is that ok?

Heh realise alot of questions. Really appreciate kind bros patience and advise. Thanx!

Comment

• If you bother to actually search the forum a bit, you'll probably not ask those questions because answers for them are all over the forum. But anyway .....

Grey/gray dealers refer to those other watch dealers who are not authorised by the watch brand to sell their watches. This doesn't mean they are not allowed to sell those watches. Safe to buy or not? Well, it's your luck, really. But mostly, it is 99% safe to buy from reputable grey/gray dealers. Yes you may authenticate the watch you are buying at Tong Building as long as the seller agrees. There is no hard-and-fast rule. The fee to authenticate varies but majority of models are at $107 (incl GST). And it shouldn't matter if the warranty card/cert is named/unnamed as long as it is an authentic and original doc of the watch.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Thanx Ocean! Will search the forum for more info too

Comment

• Originally posted by palmtungsten View Post
              Almost all the THG that I visited told me that there is no discount (or max 5% discount) for Stainless Steel Sport models.. Most offer discounts like you say.. And one really need to work hard to do homework and to visit few local ADs to get the best discount.. You cannot really rely on this forum.. As the discount really varies among ADs and it is changing almost daily......
              I can tell you THG Ion, Taka, and Orchard Central will do ( fact ) a 10% discount on the DSSD, GMT IIC, and Datejusts.

Cortina and Sincere are not very sincere.... they'l give you 5%.
              ROLEX.

Comment

• confirm GMT2C got 10% at THG or not??

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                I can tell you THG Ion, Taka, and Orchard Central will do ( fact ) a 10% discount on the DSSD, GMT IIC, and Datejusts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Current:
                BALL Fireman Ionsphere
                Rolex Daytona 116520 M series
                Rolex Sub C 116610LN AN series

Gone:
                BALL Trainmaster Pulsemeter Pro
                IWC GST Chronograph 3707
                Rolex Explorer II D series
                Rolex Sub 16610 M series

Next Target:
                Rolex Day-date 18239!! The president.. :D:D
                AP????

In the meantime:
                Save $$ ar!!! & hope strike TOTO or Big Sweep!! :pray:

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfive View Post

FYI that I have tried all 3 THG that u mentioned. Orchard central no stock no DSSD, so no comment. Taka, give me 5% discount for DSSD.. For Ion, the fat guy told me no discount for all sport series model with stainless steel links.. Faint!!!

And only non-THG (ie not cortina and not sincere) gives me more than 5% discount. This update is accurate as at early Mar as I visited all 3 THG (Ion, Taka & Orchard Central) on 6 Mar 2012..

Actually I tried all 3 stores on 6 Mar after reading postings from this forum and from you

Anyway, I manage to buy DSSD @ 10% discount from local AD thru my friend contact...

Comment

• SS Daytona - local AD offered for 15K - Good price

I went to a local AD yesterday looking at a couple of watches. I had in mind the SS Daytona, TT Sub, Sub Hulk or DSSD.

Triied a few on and know next purchase will be Daytona.

The AD offered the SS White White Face for 15,000 SGD using 12 months interest free on a local bank CC.

Is this a good price?

Could I get further discount if I offered to pay in cash?

Comment

• $15,000 is as close as you can get to the retail price ($14,980). Whether you can get it lower depends if the AD is willing to give you. It's worth a try any way.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        $15,000 is as close as you can get to the retail price ($14,980). Whether you can get it lower depends if the AD is willing to give you. It's worth a try any way.
                        Thanks for the quick reply - I now need to make up my mind............ quickly!

I am originally from the UK - the list price there is around 15k SGD but they always add a 2000 SGD premium for the SS Daytona

Comment

• There r several forumers here selling bnib at good discount againdt ad"s price. U may want to do a search?
                          Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                          Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                          GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                          GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                          DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                          DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                          , 18238 malachite
                          DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                          AP 15300 Black
                          Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                          GP 18k RG
                          IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                          Chronoswiss Skeleton
                          Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

• Thanks - will take a look

Comment

• Originally posted by Peelorn View Post
                              Thanks for the quick reply - I now need to make up my mind............ quickly!

I am originally from the UK - the list price there is around 15k SGD but they always add a 2000 SGD premium for the SS Daytona
                              london airport gives very good prices with 20% VAT off the tag. if u have friends traveling to sg from heathrow, u can try asking them to help u buy.
                              elusive

Comment

• Originally posted by satch View Post
                                london airport gives very good prices with 20% VAT off the tag. if u have friends traveling to sg from heathrow, u can try asking them to help u buy.
                                Provided they have the stock...When I was in London, the Rolex SA told me it's almost impossible to get a SS daytona there unless you pre-order and put on waiting list for at least a few months...He say the demand is crazy and the stock just never seem to be enough.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X