This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lolex kia View Post
    No offense - i love dogs and their eyes.

ha no worries bro i love dogs too i've got 3 myself! but if those eyes ended up on this chicks, aint tat good lookin i guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
      Pre-Owned are likely to mean watches that has been worn by previous owners.

"not brand new but never used/worn" are you referring to NOS where the words brand new means not current series/edition.
      thanks for clarification.

wondering why the wordings "pre owned" is used on 2nd hand rolex, where the watch was really OWNED by someone before.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlee8088 View Post
        thanks for clarification.

wondering why the wordings "pre owned" is used on 2nd hand rolex, where the watch was really OWNED by someone before.
        pre-owned = 2nd hand = used.

Guess the word 'pre-owned' was coined to make 2nd hand/used products sound nicer to the intended buyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by surestik View Post
          pre-owned = 2nd hand = used.

Guess the word 'pre-owned' was coined to make 2nd hand/used products sound nicer to the intended buyer.
          Yup

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• Buy from reputable and trusted seller

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            When I started this hobby, I was constantly advised against buying from the Internet and even pre own shops. So just be careful. There's no full proof method. Gd luck!

Hi Oceanklassik,

I do agree with you in buying from the Internet, if it is too good to be true and usually is a bogus one. So do not fall for the trap. Once you hand over the money over the internet, the chances of you seeing your money back if something does go wrong is pretty slim. Go and find your own reputable sellers. I have seen sellers/ dealers who swapped or modified parts of Rolexes of a lower grade to fit into a higher grade casing and dial. So please be aware and do your research on the watch before you part money for it.
            Goodluck.
            Regards
            sgvintagethingy
            http://www.sgvintagethingy.blogspot.com

Comment

• hmm.. i am new in this forum.. juz wanna check.. any one bought from Monster time?

This is my first time searching and buying for myself a rolex.. looking for pre own hopefully can suit my budget..
              走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
              没有爱情的人是否会长命
              坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
              究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
              没有人能了解我 现在的心情
              想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

• Originally posted by mleewh View Post
                hmm.. i am new in this forum.. juz wanna check.. any one bought from Monster time?

This is my first time searching and buying for myself a rolex.. looking for pre own hopefully can suit my budget..
                Monster time is reliable seller...but my suggestion if you go to our sales forum u can get better price...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  Monster time is reliable seller...but my suggestion if you go to our sales forum u can get better price...
                  Thanks for the reply.. I am actually a first time buyer..been browsing around trying to look for good deal... *got budget

btw.. Monster time only accept cash?
                  走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
                  没有爱情的人是否会长命
                  坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
                  究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
                  没有人能了解我 现在的心情
                  想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

• Originally posted by mleewh View Post
                    Thanks for the reply.. I am actually a first time buyer..been browsing around trying to look for good deal... *got budget

btw.. Monster time only accept cash?
                    Yup

Comment

• all accept cash if i remember correctly. only AD will accept cards. best to use cash to get maximum discount.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        all accept cash if i remember correctly. only AD will accept cards. best to use cash to get maximum discount.
                        i went watch palace juz now.. uncle quote me only abt 100 lesser if i pay in cash
                        走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
                        没有爱情的人是否会长命
                        坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
                        究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
                        没有人能了解我 现在的心情
                        想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

• just walk out and come back with a better price and see if he is interested in your business.
                          dont bargain unless you are prepared to buy on the spot.

normally i do this. scout all the shops, and get lowest price with maximum discount. then i go back to the shop i want to give my business to, and tell them that i have been quoted S$xxxx.xx with xx% discount. if you can do better you have the business.
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Market is very bad, cash is king... try seiko's way... sure works!

Originally posted by mleewh View Post
                            i went watch palace juz now.. uncle quote me only abt 100 lesser if i pay in cash

Comment

• first paragraph - well said. this is what i do.

second paragraph, i usually go to a new shop, paiseh to go back same shop. ask them for the max discount, if it is what i can get, i buy on the spot.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              just walk out and come back with a better price and see if he is interested in your business.
                              dont bargain unless you are prepared to buy on the spot.

normally i do this. scout all the shops, and get lowest price with maximum discount. then i go back to the shop i want to give my business to, and tell them that i have been quoted S$xxxx.xx with xx% discount. if you can do better you have the business.
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• hi guys, any body have any experience with tan union? its behind peng kwee at people's park, was offered 5.8k for a explorer 2, as far as i can see, it looks brand new to me, told me still able to further discount, comes with box, papers and waranty, on top of that, the shop itself provides additional 2 years of waranty.

very tempting leh.....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X