X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tunge View Post
    Newbie question:

I checked out some rollie at THG last week n noticed that most of them have small case size <40mm

i like watches to be at least 40mm or more so am i'm only restricted to the sporty ones like sub?

does the datejust with the fluted bezel come with 40mm?
    Now I can answer your question...yes

Originally posted by galleria View Post
    I am new to this... thinking of getting my first rolex.. Does anyone knows how much does a steel with white gold 31mm perpetual cost? Model No: 177234. Which AD will give the best discount?
    Dickson gives pretty gd disc as far as I know. But your model is not recommended to buy

Originally posted by natasha View Post
    Newbie here. Any idea how much is Oyster Perpetual No-Date Mid-Size - 31mm - Fluted Bezel. Any ideas what are the colors available and also the bracelet that comes with it? I personally prefer jubilee bracelet..Thanks!
    Your model is also not recommended....get the Datejust at the least

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• thanks for your reply. can i know why the model i am seeking is not recommended? how much is dj with the spec that I m looking at? thanks.

Comment

• Hi! I am an absolute greenhorn when it comes to Rolex. I chanced upon this forum when I was conducting my research on Rolex. My dad managed to convince me to purchase a Rolex instead of diamond ring. I need valuable advise/opinions from all you seniors! A local pawnshop website posted a 69173with diamonds bezel, comes with box but without a cert, going for 3.7K. It is stated as 98% mint condition with pinholes. Is it even worth it? My budget is somewhere between SGD3.5K-3.7K. What other models should I be looking at? Thanks!
        Last edited by triton; 22-04-09, 07:19 AM.

Comment

• i can't tell u if the watch is value for its value for money or not. u have to decide for yourself.

a box can be bought with less than 100.

anytime u buy a rolex, it is better to bring the watch to RSC for authentication. this is because, u dont want to end up owning a rolex with non original parts. do note that certain models do not come with diamond bezel. so even if the diamond bezel is original from rolex, but the fact that the particular model does not come with diamond bezel. it is considered non-original by RSC.

also you need to consider when was the last time the watch was serviced. this is because a servicing by RSC would set u back about 500.

Originally posted by CLUBGAL View Post
          Hi! I am an absolute greenhorn when it comes to Rolex. I chanced upon this forum when I was conducting my research on Rolex. My dad managed to convince me to purchase a Rolex instead of diamond ring. I need valuable advise/opinions from all you seniors! A local pawnshop website posted a 69173with diamonds bezel, comes with box but without a cert, going for 3.7K. It is stated as 98% mint condition with pinholes. Is it even worth it? My budget is somewhere between SGD3.5K-3.7K. What other models should I be looking at? Thanks!
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Hey Triton! My dad used to own 2 Rolex and I was informed by him that the bezel is not the original bezel. The original bezel is not included and I will only be given the diamond bezel. Would it be a problem if I were to bring in the watch to RSC for authentication? Also, thank you for highlighting the most important issue in regards to when the watch was serviced. When should the best duration be? Will there be any proof of the watch being serviced? Sorry for asking so many questions! TIA!

Comment

• if the bezel is not original, then when u bring it to RSC, chances of them rejecting it for service is there. i wont say how many percent. they do practise discretion. anyway, the length between service is 3-5 years. that is my recommendation. however, some watch makers and some people say, dont waste money. just wait till it breaks down then service. if that happens, it might cost u quite a hefty sum. maybe about 1-1.3k thereabouts if not serviced for like 10 years.

Originally posted by CLUBGAL View Post
              Hey Triton! My dad used to own 2 Rolex and I was informed by him that the bezel is not the original bezel. The original bezel is not included and I will only be given the diamond bezel. Would it be a problem if I were to bring in the watch to RSC for authentication? Also, thank you for highlighting the most important issue in regards to when the watch was serviced. When should the best duration be? Will there be any proof of the watch being serviced? Sorry for asking so many questions! TIA!
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Here's my recommendation.

If the price is stated online you can bargain when you are there...try to push to $3.3-3.4k. If not walk out.

Not necessary for authentication..and no you cannot authenticate if the diamond bezel is there. Because the diamond bezel is not a original Rolex product...not that is it not real diamonds though.

All the best in your search,trust the seller...if not dun buy. I see no use in spending the $75 though.

Comment

• HI ALL! I am so happy! I just bought my first Rolex! The model number is 69173, comes with diamond and sapphire bezel. Roman numerals, TT oyster bracelet. Got it for 4.1K because my dad ever purchased 3 pre owned Rolex from him before. I am now addicted, thanks to you guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by CLUBGAL View Post
                    HI ALL! I am so happy! I just bought my first Rolex! The model number is 69173, comes with diamond and sapphire bezel. Roman numerals, TT oyster bracelet. Got it for 4.1K because my dad ever purchased 3 pre owned Rolex from him before. I am now addicted, thanks to you guys!
                    happy for you too...please post some photos of your baby.

cheers

james
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

HI ALL! I am so happy! I just bought my first Rolex! The model number is 69173, comes with diamond and sapphire bezel. Roman numerals, TT oyster bracelet. Got it for 4.1K because my dad ever purchased 3 pre owned Rolex from him before. I am now addicted, thanks to you guys!

Welcome to the Rollie family....wear your Rollie with pride....and get more poison from this forum.....

finnsim
                      Rolex SD "m" series
                      Omega Speedmaster
                      PAM 164K

Comment

huh?? 4.1k? Isn't that more expensive the the 3.7k?

Anyway congrats lah...

Comment

• Congratz on yr virgin purchase. Share pics if can.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Hi Finnsim! Thank you! You people are absolutely evil! But hey, I love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              huh?? 4.1k? Isn't that more expensive the the 3.7k?

Anyway congrats lah...
                              Hi Darkangel! Thanks! I know! Tell me about it but it was love at first sight! Hehe! How can I resist!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                                Congratz on yr virgin purchase. Share pics if can.
                                Hi Oceanklassik! Will definitely put up the picture tomorrow and let you seniors have a look at the watch and maybe, give me any comments! I am glad I found this forum. Definitely learnt quite a number of things on Rolex!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X