This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Triton for your advise.
    I am pretty set in getting a rollie. With a budget of 9-10k, which model should i get? Sub Lv, Milgauss GV or datejust 178274 mop roman?
    cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by SO-TONG View Post
      Thanks Triton for your advise.
      I am pretty set in getting a rollie. With a budget of 9-10k, which model should i get? Sub Lv, Milgauss GV or datejust 178274 mop roman?
      cheers
      Sub LV in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
        Sub LV in my opinion.
        Thx. It was my love at first sight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SO-TONG View Post
          Thx. It was my love at first sight.
          Get it.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
            Get it.

very tempted, but sometimes got to listen to the brain leh.

Comment

• New

Hi,

I've read the feedback from page 1 and wanted to consolidate some views.

I am new to rolex and my hubby and I are thinking of getting 1 each. Our budget is probably around 5 - 7k.

For my hubby, we are looking at either explorer II or submariner. Is that a good/ safe choice?

For myself, I am still looking. Dunno what to get with that budget.

We don't mind pre-owned so long as the quality is good and it's real. Just wondering if buying a pre-owned is like buying a 1 yr old 2nd hand car where the 1st owner bear most of the depreciation??? Experts pls advise.

For 2nd hand shop, we went to Peng Kwee and it seems like that is a carrot cutting place (per what I read). Any other good shops that we can go to where we can view and people has good experience and important authentic stuff???? Is watch arena one of them? What else?

My friend recently bought his submariner from HK. Is that a good place to buy? He told me that it's around 1k cheaper. Spore branded stuff are by nature expensive so it's not that surprising.

Appreciate your advice.

Comment

• My hubby and I are interested to get a rolex each. We are newbies.

If our budget is between 5-7k what would be a good watch to get? We don't mind pre-owned.

What are the pre-owned shops to go? I read Watch arena in some earlier posting. Also read to avoid Peng Kwee.... Any other recommendations?

Is it true that buying in HK is cheaper?

Comment

• We just got our Submariner from Watch Arena at 7.5k (including cc surcharge).

Comment

• Thanks for the updates! It's good to have a consolidated site for all local online shops. Great!

Comment

• there is a list of preown shops url listed here. it is not endorsed but RECOMMENDED that you take a look.

when you say budget is 5-7k refers to per watch or 2 watch in budget of 5-7k?

for ladies, the usual choice is a ladies DJ. however some ladies are beginning to wear explorer, explorer II, sub and even daytona.

explorer II is one of the few entry model in sports model series under the rolex and hence the price is probably lower compared to sub, GMT,YM, daytona.

you cant really go wrong with a rolex sports model.

it is not necessary that HK is cheaper. do check out the garage section where some of the members are selling rolex from other parts of the world. should you want to buy from one of these gray dealers, do send them in to RSC for authentication purpose so that you have a peace of mind that it is genuine for a cost of 75.

if you go to AD such as THG, THH, KHH, WP, etc, the pricing are quite stiff and discount for sports models are usually limited.

should you want to purchase from AD, feel free to pm some of the members here who may be able to help you more in terms of discount.

Originally posted by loyfam View Post
                      Hi,

I've read the feedback from page 1 and wanted to consolidate some views.

I am new to rolex and my hubby and I are thinking of getting 1 each. Our budget is probably around 5 - 7k.

For my hubby, we are looking at either explorer II or submariner. Is that a good/ safe choice?

For myself, I am still looking. Dunno what to get with that budget.

We don't mind pre-owned so long as the quality is good and it's real. Just wondering if buying a pre-owned is like buying a 1 yr old 2nd hand car where the 1st owner bear most of the depreciation??? Experts pls advise.

For 2nd hand shop, we went to Peng Kwee and it seems like that is a carrot cutting place (per what I read). Any other good shops that we can go to where we can view and people has good experience and important authentic stuff???? Is watch arena one of them? What else?

My friend recently bought his submariner from HK. Is that a good place to buy? He told me that it's around 1k cheaper. Spore branded stuff are by nature expensive so it's not that surprising.

Appreciate your advice.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                      1. subject heading indicating your issue
                      2. your nick
                      3. your corresponding email address
                      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Thanks triton....

We actually bought a BNIB submariner 16610V series and Ladies DJ computer face with diamond with Watch arena... Still comtemplating on RSC authentication but no time to do it during weekdays.

Comment

• Originally posted by loyfam View Post
                          We just got our Submariner from Watch Arena at 7.5k (including cc surcharge).
                          Forgot to add. This is a BNIB (just learnt this term from here .

Comment

• that is good. welcome to rolex owners club

Originally posted by loyfam View Post
                            Thanks triton....

We actually bought a BNIB submariner 16610V series and Ladies DJ computer face with diamond with Watch arena... Still comtemplating on RSC authentication but no time to do it during weekdays.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• I know this sounds crazy. After owning our 1st rollies on friday, it just make you feel so different. Have the desire to own another and you just feel different when you are wearing that rollie

Hubby is now thinking of buying a 2nd hand reasonable price rollie for daily wear and keep his brand new rollie for special ocassion only.

Comment

• Originally posted by loyfam View Post
                                I know this sounds crazy. After owning our 1st rollies on friday, it just make you feel so different. Have the desire to own another and you just feel different when you are wearing that rollie

Hubby is now thinking of buying a 2nd hand reasonable price rollie for daily wear and keep his brand new rollie for special ocassion only.
                                That's not crazy, it's very normal and I dare say after getting your second Rolex, you will think of 3rd one and then more to come, Congrats on your first purchase, possible to share pictures....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X