This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
    That's not crazy, it's very normal and I dare say after getting your second Rolex, you will think of 3rd one and then more to come, Congrats on your first purchase, possible to share pictures....
    x2, that's true.
    Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Hihi, can anyone pls answer this question"Just wondering if buying a pre-owned is like buying a 1 yr old 2nd hand car where the 1st owner bear most of the depreciation??? Experts pls advise." from loyfam? I got a 17 yrs old preown for my first rolex and realised that I love it and it is addictive. However I wondered if I should get new or preown for my second piece. My main concern is the rate of depreciation rather than other factors. Pls advice!

Comment

• Hi guys, first allow me to "show-off" my anxiety of being the member here. Having a hard time to get a place like this to learn and share information. And also being my first experience to own a Rolex watch.

During my b'day (last thursday), I have finally bought Explorer II. It is a total different feel and satisfaction.

I bought it as Used watch from a dealer in Chinatown at very good offer. Condition is still pretty new and will be sending to Rolex, Orchard to authenticate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by watchkeeper View Post
          Hi guys, first allow me to "show-off" my anxiety of being the member here. Having a hard time to get a place like this to learn and share information. And also being my first experience to own a Rolex watch.

During my b'day (last thursday), I have finally bought Explorer II. It is a total different feel and satisfaction.

I bought it as Used watch from a dealer in Chinatown at very good offer. Condition is still pretty new and will be sending to Rolex, Orchard to authenticate it.

Congrats on your first purchase and welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by watchkeeper View Post
            Hi guys, first allow me to "show-off" my anxiety of being the member here. Having a hard time to get a place like this to learn and share information. And also being my first experience to own a Rolex watch.

Congrats on your new purchase. You buy from which shop?
            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
              Congrats on your new purchase. You buy from which shop?
              I bought from WatchBusiness @ People Park. Today I have visited the Rolex Centre and authenticate it just to make sure. Everything is ok except they found some minor hairline scratch. Oh boy! the technology is so advance they could even notice these scratches beside our normal eyesight.

Comment

• Can any kind soul please help with my question? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by ocoloco79 View Post
                  Hihi, can anyone pls answer this question"Just wondering if buying a pre-owned is like buying a 1 yr old 2nd hand car where the 1st owner bear most of the depreciation??? Experts pls advise." from loyfam? I got a 17 yrs old preown for my first rolex and realised that I love it and it is addictive. However I wondered if I should get new or preown for my second piece. My main concern is the rate of depreciation rather than other factors. Pls advice!
                  Sorry, this is my question. Pls help thks!

Comment

• I am thinking of buying Air King because the small size fits my small wrist better. However, I barely see this model being mentioned in this forum. How is the depreciation of this model compared to others? Roughly the same, or much faster?

Comment

• Much lesser resale value than other models.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Watch for people in their 60s...

Am thinking of buying a pair of rolexes for my parents who are in their 60s.
                        Need not be too bling bling or high-end.
                        Just a simple rolex and can be classics too.
                        What should I get?
                        A budget of 4k sufficient?
                        Tks

Comment

• Rolex model for parents in their 60s

Hi all.
                          I'm looking to purchase a pair of rolexes for my parents in their 60s.
                          Not looking at high-end or bling bling models.
                          Something basic and need not be too new a model or pricey.
                          What should I be looking at? Price range? Thanks.

Comment

• probably datejust,,,,,and cost 6k+ each for new,,,, his and hers,,,,,,, for a couple of thousand more each, throw in a diamond dial?

better go to rolex AD and ask better,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by sidewalker View Post
                              Hi all.
                              I'm looking to purchase a pair of rolexes for my parents in their 60s.
                              Not looking at high-end or bling bling models.
                              Something basic and need not be too new a model or pricey.
                              What should I be looking at? Price range? Thanks.
                              Hi sidewalker,

There are few private dealers here who may have what you want. One of them is AMG (nickname here). His watches are mostly pre-own ROLEX watches, and I see that his assortment is not bad. Price wise you can discuss with him. I have never dealt with him so can't really advise.

Happy shopping!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Ladies Rolex??

hi guys,

me n my wife is looking out for our 1st new rolex watches for ourselves.

for her, she is looking for one that comes with diamonds - any recommedation for the gurus here?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X