X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shene View Post
    Hey,
    Thx for the info, I went ard to check out Explorer today.

Explorer 1 (114270) 36mm
    Best quote : SGD5,992 (Brand new); $4,200 (Pre-owned)
    All the dealers are saying that since Explorer 1 (39mm) is out, people like to collect the Explorer 1 (36mm). Is this true?

Also, may I know how to read the serial number? Brand new starts with "V" while the pre-owned starts with "D".

Anyone can advise? Thx
    Not totally right/wrong. Why? If a particular model is scarce, then people will want to collect but if a model, though has been discontinued, remains in abundance in the market, it will not be a 'hot' item to collect. As for the Explorer 1 (114270), I do not think it will become 'collectible', as least not now.

The serial no. of a 'V' series should be engraved in the inner ring of the dial at the 6 o'clock position. So it is visible. 'V' is 2009. 'D' is between 2005 and 2006. The serial no. then, is only visible on the certificate. There is no engraving of it in the inner ring of the dial.

Merry Christmas
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Not totally right/wrong. Why? If a particular model is scarce, then people will want to collect but if a model, though has been discontinued, remains in abundance in the market, it will not be a 'hot' item to collect. As for the Explorer 1 (114270), I do not think it will become 'collectible', as least not now.

The serial no. of a 'V' series should be engraved in the inner ring of the dial at the 6 o'clock position. So it is visible. 'V' is 2009. 'D' is between 2005 and 2006. The serial no. then, is only visible on the certificate. There is no engraving of it in the inner ring of the dial.

Merry Christmas
      Wow... u r so knowledgable!!! So impressive!
      Ok, I think I will get Expolrer 1 (114270).
      But still cant decide to take brand new or pre owned..

{Gals are always like that :P}

Comment

• Not knowledgeable; just sharing little that I know. Before coming to a decision, you should actually try few of the models you have in mind on your wrist first. Then, your decision is more concrete. Whether new or pre-owned is a personal choice. And don't worry about "gals being like that". I am also fickle and I am not a gal..
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Not knowledgeable; just sharing little that I know. Before coming to a decision, you should actually try few of the models you have in mind on your wrist first. Then, your decision is more concrete. Whether new or pre-owned is a personal choice. And don't worry about "gals being like that". I am also fickle and I am not a gal..
          Thanks!
          Actually other than Explorer, do you have any other recommedation?
          My bro keep saying that its a wiser choice to get Explorer 1 (214270 - 39mm) cos its newer. Sigh...

Comment

• Are you the one owning and wearing the watch that you are going to buy or your brother? Newer does not necessarily mean nicer or more worthy. Since you have been worrying on not being able to carry off a bigger watch, I think a 30 over mm size watch should suit you best. That is why I advise that you pay a visit to the ADs and try on those few models to see for yourself.

Other recommendations for ladies will be the klassik models such as the DateJust, those at 31/32 mm and above.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Are you the one owning and wearing the watch that you are going to buy or your brother? Newer does not necessarily mean nicer or more worthy. Since you have been worrying on not being able to carry off a bigger watch, I think a 30 over mm size watch should suit you best. That is why I advise that you pay a visit to the ADs and try on those few models to see for yourself.

Other recommendations for ladies will be the klassik models such as the DateJust, those at 31/32 mm and above.
              me...
              i tried a few, but still like Explorer..

Comment

• Preowned Submariner with date (black dial) 2004 with all original certs (98% condi)

dear bros, i am into my first watch, but jus wanted to get a feel of the experienced guys here on the price range for the above watch...

ss bezel, with cyclops... pls advise, eager to own one! thx...

fyi, i was offered ard $6600 final price.. i am keen....

Comment

• Originally posted by flaminang View Post
                  dear bros, i am into my first watch, but jus wanted to get a feel of the experienced guys here on the price range for the above watch...

ss bezel, with cyclops... pls advise, eager to own one! thx...
                  Late 5K to early 6K, depending on condition of the watch and what accessories it comes with.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

me...
                    Then go with your heart
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Late 5K to early 6K, depending on condition of the watch and what accessories it comes with.
                      hi oceanklassik, the ocndition is good as i see it.. like new.. can u elaborate more on accessories? thx...

Comment

• I have tried both new and previous version of E1, i think the old is better. the new version seems very flat. does not give the 'come buy me' impression.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Merry Christmas
                          HI,

I just got the Milgauss GV. First Rollie. Went looking for Omega but once eyes set on the Milgauss cannot forget about it even the few extra k in price, ahaha.

My Milgausss has the full serial number engrave on the inner ring of the dial Vxxxxxxx. Same number as that on the authencity/warranty card.

Is this peculiar only to the Milgauss while other Rollies dun have this inner engraving?

Thks!

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                            I have tried both new and previous version of E1, i think the old is better. the new version seems very flat. does not give the 'come buy me' impression.
                            Agreed with bro triton, the older version of E1 wears better and looks better with matching size hands, whereas the new E1 has shorter hands, making it less appeal to some of us.
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

me...
                              Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Then go with your heart
                              X2, shene, like bro oceanklassik had said, go with your heart.
                              Current Collection :

Comment

• Originally posted by flaminang View Post
                                hi oceanklassik, the ocndition is good as i see it.. like new.. can u elaborate more on accessories? thx...
                                Hi, the accessories are the box, warranty card, manuals, green & red tags and etc. Bezel protector if you like to be include in it.
                                Current Collection :

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X