Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had tried few designs last few days. All design are nice but can't decide which to choose. Design tried are 179174 (fluted with jubilee, fluted with oyster), 179160 and the 31mm.

Any advise that I can narrow down to the one i want?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Buying on New Year's Day?! How memorable
      New year new start!
      Wat if effective 01/01/11, they dun give me 15% discount??!!

Comment

• Madam,

"Wat if", "Wat if", "Wat if" will never end if you don't act fast. As Nike says, "JUST DO IT!"

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• hey guyz..newbie to the forum..

i want to get the perfect first luxury watch but am torn with the choices that Rolex has..

narrowed down to the Datejust 36mm (since i have a rather small wrist)

colour is still a prob cos im not too sure if the Gold and steel combi will be too mature looking while the steel only options seems boring..

jubilee or oyster? choosing oyster since its more modern..

btw, is the dial customizable? say i want the Blue dial with roman numerals (its not shown as a model), can i ask for customization?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Madam,

"Wat if", "Wat if", "Wat if" will never end if you don't act fast. As Nike says, "JUST DO IT!"

Yah loh... Just do it! You will regret it after 01/01/11...
            His
            - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
            - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
            - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
            - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
            - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
            - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
            - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
            - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
            - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
            - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
            - Tudor Ref. 22010
            - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

• Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
              Hi, bro cap830, the inner engraving also applies to other Rolex watches starting from the late Z series to the current series of watches.

cheers.
              Hi Bro Zidaneong,

Thanks for information!

Comment

• Originally posted by cap830 View Post
                Hi Bro Zidaneong,

Thanks for information!
                Welcome.
                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Originally posted by enthusiast View Post
                  Yah loh... Just do it! You will regret it after 01/01/11...
                  I went Ard looking for Explorer 1 36mm. Most places dun carry it anymore! Went to Taka HG, the AD say 0 discount! I refused to buy from him then!
                  Sigh....

Comment

• Originally posted by shene View Post
                    I went Ard looking for Explorer 1 36mm. Most places dun carry it anymore! Went to Taka HG, the AD say 0 discount! I refused to buy from him then!
                    Sigh....
                    Taka HG is quite hard on giving good discount, I am not sure why they are having such a bad attitude. I dun deny the fact that I din dress veri classy that day, but I am a potential buyer. Juz sharing my experience, I went to the shop 2 months ago to look for a White Explorer 2, I was not being well-serviced even though the shop is not crowded and the person refused to negotiate a better discount for me. Then I moved on to the Dickson along Wisma, whom the person is very nice and friendly. We had a good conversation and I was been offered a better discount before I put my money onto the White Explorer 2. It might not be the best discount, but at least we are being serviced better for the money paid.

Shene, you might wanna to try on Dickson?

Comment

• Originally posted by Milgauss74 View Post
                      Taka HG is quite hard on giving good discount, I am not sure why they are having such a bad attitude. I dun deny the fact that I din dress veri classy that day, but I am a potential buyer. Juz sharing my experience, I went to the shop 2 months ago to look for a White Explorer 2, I was not being well-serviced even though the shop is not crowded and the person refused to negotiate a better discount for me. Then I moved on to the Dickson along Wisma, whom the person is very nice and friendly. We had a good conversation and I was been offered a better discount before I put my money onto the White Explorer 2. It might not be the best discount, but at least we are being serviced better for the money paid.

Wow! Thx for sharing! They are so Yucky! Anyway go check out Dickson ba! Thx!

Comment

• Wah guys now i in a dilemma did too much research..... Now i cant decide which datejust.....blue jubilee dial with diamond or to get the black mother of pearl with diamond....do not mind the price difference but i heard the black mop now all sold out...so im also wondering is it possible to like make a down payment at hourglass to reserve a piece when stock arrive....paiseh to ask them...thanks for any info given and opinions =D

Comment

• Originally posted by Milgauss74 View Post

I think the good ones have since left Taka HG when I popped by once in a while. I was well served by one of the sales exec previously (3 years ago) when I scout for a watch for my wife. The SE was very patience and recommended quite a number of watches to choose from which I have limited budget then. It took me more than 2 hours to decide a the fine piece and closed the deal at a very good discount which I quite happy. Since then, I have good impression of SE in Taka HG which why I visit them whenever I'm in Taka.

Just to share my recent trip experience to Sincere Fine Watches to acquire timepieces for myself and wife at Vivocity. We didn't plan to buy any watches on that very day and simply just window shopping. In fact, we didn't dress to kill, only simple tees, bermudas and slippers! We went to their Rolex section and it was crowded then. I thought no one will serve us based on our outfit and as we browsing around the showcases and admiring the fine pieces, one of the SE politely asked me if I want any assistance. There are other customers who looked more classy than us and why bother to serve us...The SE even offered me to try them on since there is no obligation to purchase it. So me and my wife happyily try different types of Rolexes! And the SE even explain the values and mechanical details of the watches. The SE was very sincere and give us good discounts...eventually we bought 2 pieces we loved dearly...!

Well Shene, you have another option...perhaps you might want to check it out at Vivo Sincere there...Happy hunting!
                          His
                          - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
                          - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
                          - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
                          - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
                          - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
                          - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
                          - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
                          - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
                          - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
                          - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
                          - Tudor Ref. 22010
                          - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

• Hi Bros and Sis

After reading and being in the forum for weeks, I finally decided to ask for some advice.

I hope to get a Rolex watch for myself and I do not wish to spend too much. Probably around $5K-6K is my budget. I dont mind getting a 2nd hand but I like to have full sets complete with certs & box etc.. I do like the sports series but some taken a fancy on some of the Date/Just I saw in the forum.

Now the big question. I've heard from many that getting a 2nd hand is more worthwhile as the value is stabalized whereas as the first hand owner, you bear the depreciation. So is it true that getting 2nd hand (complete sets) is a better deal?
                            Life is a gamble. It's either you win or you lose. But if you don't even dare to try... You are destined to be a loser

Comment

• Hi, welcome

You have read well. You are not wrong. As long as you do your homework and know what you are buying, you take a lesser beating of the depreciation, or not at all.

Cheers!
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinc04 View Post
                                Now the big question. I've heard from many that getting a 2nd hand is more worthwhile as the value is stabalized whereas as the first hand owner, you bear the depreciation. So is it true that getting 2nd hand (complete sets) is a better deal?
                                cost may be lower initially; but bear in mind; you may have to service the watch (a few years later!) which can add another $800-900.
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X