Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cool, on which rolex to get, my take is this.

dont go plain for value management. buy the rolex that most suit what you wear it for.
    a watch to me should be on the wrist not in the drawer unless you are some watch trader/dealer/investor.

models which "hold" value tend to be those which are "overpriced" due to demand.
    and those that are not "overpriced" are those that are not so in demand.
    therefore it evens out at the end of the day.

also dont just buy the trend.
    lead one in your own right, it's always more fulfilling.

when in doubt, the most basic utilitarian model is usually the wisest choice to begin becos it's usually the one with the longest history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Throttle View Post
      cool, on which rolex to get, my take is this.

dont go plain for value management. buy the rolex that most suit what you wear it for.
      a watch to me should be on the wrist not in the drawer unless you are some watch trader/dealer/investor.

models which "hold" value tend to be those which are "overpriced" due to demand.
      and those that are not "overpriced" are those that are not so in demand.
      therefore it evens out at the end of the day.

also dont just buy the trend.
      lead one in your own right, it's always more fulfilling.

when in doubt, the most basic utilitarian model is usually the wisest choice to begin becos it's usually the one with the longest history.
      Further to Bro Throttle's reply, for Rolex I am more interested in Day-Date, Daytona and Submariner which are both iconic and has long history as well. These are only my 5€ view.
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
        Further to Bro Throttle's reply, for Rolex I am more interested in Day-Date, Daytona and Submariner which are both iconic and has long history as well. These are only my 5€ view.
        Yes, Sama sama, mate

Comment

• As far as Rolex watches is concern, it will definitely hold its value. We buy watch for wearing for good health and not for the sake of investment. There are better options out there for investments, e.g stock market, property.

Choose and buy one that you like and suits character, wear it and feel good about it. Don't worry too much about its monetary value.
          The watch will bring character and sentimental values over time.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          A Crown for Every Achievement
          Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

• Saw a friend of mine this morning wearing his new SUB aka the 'green hulk'. Looks really good on his wrist, the green was subtle and mellow...I had the impression it would be too green but it wasn't. To those who have second thoughts about this watch, I recommend you go for it, it's really nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by angsu View Post
              Saw a friend of mine this morning wearing his new SUB aka the 'green hulk'. Looks really good on his wrist, the green was subtle and mellow...I had the impression it would be too green but it wasn't. To those who have second thoughts about this watch, I recommend you go for it, it's really nice.
              eeeks, dont like.

50th ann Sub is better.

hoho

so what does this prove?
              that when it comes to buying a watch, dont ask for opinions becos everyone has a different one.
              buy the one that you like. not the one that your freinds like.

Comment

so what does this prove?
                that when it comes to buying a watch, dont ask for opinions becos everyone has a different one.
                x2. end of the day, its your money, your wrist, and you are stuck with the watch once you have bought it. just go with what you like.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• I personally think its ok to ask for opinions and listen to different views when purchasing a watch. However, at the end of the day the final decision is still yours to make. Sometimes, others have interesting opinions that may intrigue or even help make your decision easier especially when you are torn between 2 very nice watches....its a little subjective here, so for me anyone who has a review on a particular watch is most welcomed. Cheerio!

Originally posted by Throttle View Post
                  eeeks, dont like.

50th ann Sub is better.

hoho

so what does this prove?

Comment

• Originally posted by angsu View Post
                    I personally think its ok to ask for opinions and listen to different views when purchasing a watch. However, at the end of the day the final decision is still yours to make. Sometimes, others have interesting opinions that may intrigue or even help make your decision easier especially when you are torn between 2 very nice watches....its a little subjective here, so for me anyone who has a review on a particular watch is most welcomed. Cheerio!
                    you're right.

i didnt word my post too well
                    yours is very much better.
                    thanks

i think my key message is dont just buy the one that people say you should buy.

Comment

• No worries at all..we are all watch lovers. Sometimes I over indulge, forgetting my pocket is not that deep...hehe. I love too many watches, that's my problem.

Originally posted by Throttle View Post
                      you're right.

i didnt word my post too well
                      yours is very much better.
                      thanks

i think my key message is dont just buy the one that people say you should buy.

Comment

• Greeting,

There are currently 2 models which I have difficulty to make up my mine to purchase. Can anyone give suggestion?

The 2 models are:

116261 (36mm, Black dial TT rose gold) ~11k
                        116333 (41mm, Green numerical TT yellow gold)~13k

In term of $$$, definely 116261 will be better but which model has more value? I heard from lots of AD that 116261 is an old model and not popular. That is why many AD don't carry them until I manage to locate one today.

Thx

Comment

• Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
                          Greeting,

There are currently 2 models which I have difficulty to make up my mine to purchase. Can anyone give suggestion?

The 2 models are:

116261 (36mm, Black dial TT rose gold) ~11k

In term of $$$, definely 116261 will be better but which model has more value? I heard from lots of AD that 116261 is an old model and not popular. That is why many AD don't carry them until I manage to locate one today.

Thx
                          I think the 16261 is definitely more distinctive and that should give it the edge over a standard DJ.
                          Rose gold is nice

Comment

I think the 16261 is definitely more distinctive and that should give it the edge over a standard DJ.
                            Rose gold is nice
                            Agree, rg does make the watch more distinctive.
                            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Sorry, I made an error. The 116261 TT rose gold Turn-o-graph is actually ~12.5k after discount when I called back to the AD to reconfirm the price. 11k is their TT yellow gold one.

Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
                              Greeting,

There are currently 2 models which I have difficulty to make up my mind to purchase. Can anyone give suggestion?

The 2 models are:

116261 (36mm, Black dial TT rose gold) ~12.5k

Thx

Comment

• In that case, why do all the 4 AD that I have called up told me that 116261 is old and not popular model? Even the AD that happen to have this pc in stock today told me he will rather choose 116333 (which they are waiting for replenishment) rather than their 116261 one?

I like the rose gold and red needle of 116261, but I also like the slate dial & green numerals from 116333

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                                Agree, rg does make the watch more distinctive.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X