X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying my first Rolex

Hi Everyone,

I have been diligently reading the 100 pages of posts here. I am new to watches and my profile is I only like value for money Rolex watches. I have to rule out Daytona so the next best thing is Submariner.

I am looking to buy only pre-owned watches. Submariner 116610 LN and 16610 LN are the ones for me.

I am looking to owning this watch for a very long term and I don't think I will be poisoned as I do not like to wind numerous watches.

At retail prices, I can see that 116610 is selling at $10,500 and 16610 is around $8,000. In terms of pre-owned watches, our garage is selling at $8,500 for 116610 and maybe a $6,300 for 16610. I did see a $5,800 for a T series (Year 1996) which is quite old.

I have three questions here.

1) In terms of appreciation, is Submariner second only to Daytona? What about GMT and others?

2) I can see that when the watches are older, it will be sold at a lower value. Is it because they are assumed to have more wear and tear and servicing is more expensive?

3)Is it worth it to buy a preowned $8,500 116610 or a $6,300 for 16610 Z series or a $5,800 16610 T series? I will disregard aesthetic but more focused on future appreciation.

Thanks a lot!

Comment

• Actually was like thinking of resale Rollie gmt2...most ceramic is around 8k closer to 9k......brand new piece 10k.....due to price diff....walk whole people park half day....than decided for brand new one.....is up to preference.....I was particular...must not have pinhole....price for sub n gmt2 is around 7k...........3k more brand new.....proud owner of gmt2 ceramic ......

Comment

• Thanks nim

Your signature rocks!

Comment

• Hi bambam328,

Can I know what is the model number of the 'flower' watch which you bought. Thanks.

Regards,

Comment

• Anyone know where I can get a good discount ??

Comment

• Do you mean Datejust? The cheaper range will be those of vintage models which you can find in our Garage Sales threads. Price range is between 2K & 3K.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• I think its a perfect thing which one can have... Thanks Rolex ...

Comment

• Originally posted by nim
                  Rolex may not be the best watch but it sure is the most popular
                  It's the best for me...... until I can afford an AP Royal Oak Offshore Chrono S/S ( hmmmm..... stainless steel at the same price as a 18ct Gold Rolex.... wtf !!! ) :s
                  ROLEX.

Comment

• Originally posted by santafe
                    Go for PP if have thev$$).
                    I would but I like real beasts of watches...... if its not 43mm+ I'd prob avoid it

But agree with you.....
                    ROLEX.

Comment

• Greeting,

Anyone know whether is there any credit card having discount when buying Rolex?

Thx

Comment

• one thing i cant understand is people wearing Rolex and thinking that they are damn saad (steady).
                        i know i may offend some by saying this but it is my honest opinion and frequent observation.

i have seen many people wearing Rolex and acting damn haughty, thinking that it is the ultimate watch.
                        kek one sayh, and try to flash the watch so apparantly.
                        i cant understand why such behaviour. i guess it's a singaporean ratrace thing and becos a Rolex is almost instantly recognisable.

in fact it's probably this same reason why AP and Panerai are also so popular. becos they are instantly recognisable.

dont get me wrong i do like Rolex and it's the only brand i own in the last 15 yrs.
                        but i like it Mostly becos the design is traditional backed by rich heritage.
                        it is well engineered and it truly works / suits my rugged style.

why do you like Rolex?

Comment

• Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
                          Greeting,

Anyone know whether is there any credit card having discount when buying Rolex?

Thx
                          No, not that I know of.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Throttle View Post
                            one thing i cant understand is people wearing Rolex and thinking that they are damn saad (steady).
                            i know i may offend some by saying this but it is my honest opinion and frequent observation.

i have seen many people wearing Rolex and acting damn haughty, thinking that it is the ultimate watch.
                            kek one sayh, and try to flash the watch so apparantly.
                            i cant understand why such behaviour. i guess it's a singaporean ratrace thing and becos a Rolex is almost instantly recognisable.

in fact it's probably this same reason why AP and Panerai are also so popular. becos they are instantly recognisable.

dont get me wrong i do like Rolex and it's the only brand i own in the last 15 yrs.
                            but i like it Mostly becos the design is traditional backed by rich heritage.
                            it is well engineered and it truly works / suits my rugged style.

why do you like Rolex?
                            Because I want to look "damn saad"?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Because I want to look "damn saad"?

everyone wants to look daam saad. thats fine.
                              just like everyone wants to be kiang too.
                              but dont keh kiang. hah

Comment

• eh. please keep to thread title objectives. thank you.
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X