This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD and Sub

This is my first posting in sg-roc, and i should say this is a great forum. Very informative and helpful.

Well, all these years, i hv been thinking of getting a Rolex watch, there are frens out there telling me that i should get a watch that can last u a 'lifetime'..and it may even be passed down to the next generation..

only in the last few days, i kind of decided to get myself a rolex watch... kind of biasing to SD or Sub.. well i willing to spend up to 7K from my hard earned salary to get a brand new one.. but i have few queries to raise, and hope to get some answers to further firm up my decision and this is my first time buying a Rolex watch:

1. Between SD and Sub, which is a better choice..? and why?
    2. What was their price 1 or 2 years ago?
    3. Which is the 'best' AD to go for in getting this watch? in term of price and good customer service? pls kindly pm me..
    4. Lastly do u think i can get a brand new SD and Sub with M series below 7K? if yes, pls kindly pm me..

And just wanted to thank you guys in advance!
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
      This is my first posting in sg-roc, and i should say this is a great forum. Very informative and helpful.

Well, all these years, i hv been thinking of getting a Rolex watch, there are frens out there telling me that i should get a watch that can last u a 'lifetime'..and it may even be passed down to the next generation..

only in the last few days, i kind of decided to get myself a rolex watch... kind of biasing to SD or Sub.. well i willing to spend up to 7K from my hard earned salary to get a brand new one.. but i have few queries to raise, and hope to get some answers to further firm up my decision and this is my first time buying a Rolex watch:

3. Which is the 'best' AD to go for in getting this watch? in term of price and good customer service? pls kindly pm me..
      4. Lastly do u think i can get a brand new SD and Sub with M series below 7K? if yes, pls kindly pm me..

1. It's personal preference....
      2. Dun ask the price..u wont want to buy anymore $7444..then up to $7931 then now $8228
      3. Hard to say though...I think WP is not bad.
      4. No u cannot get a sub or SD below 7k.
      Last edited by Darkangel; 02-07-08, 01:52 PM.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

These qns r nt really diff to answer but I may nt b truely correct. Let me see

Ok, firstly, welcome to te wonderful forum. U shld actually read more into it so tat some of ur qns need nt b necessary. N'verless, on ur q1, SD/Sub? It dpends on individual liking. Though the big rumour is tat SD will b discontinued n its price will soar, i, personally, will still choose te Sub ovr SD. Personal preference.

On q2, prices shld b $7,7?? for SD (after discount from list price of $8,0??). For Sub, list was $7,931 (no discount).

On q3, its jus plain luck. You may try THG @LP, @MW n @PP, WP (watch palace) @LP.

On q4, nt likely. Current prices of both r "crazily high"! $8,791 for SD and $8,228 for Sub. On the contrary, nw Sub got discount so most places sell $8k, while SD is strictly going at list price or more!!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• First of all, thanks for your replies. Pardon me, if i still request to ask for a preference, which watch will u guys choose, assuming if u are going buy it for yourself? and why? Once again tks in advance!

Comment

• Submariner Date

Personal preference: I like my ROLEX watch to have cyclop; I find the SD a little thick for me; so I presume SD to be heavier and I prefer a lighter one.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• depend on what you like, some prefer cyclops, others hate it with a passion. the sub no date and SD in effect is same watch, only the depth is different.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

First of all, thanks for your replies. Pardon me, if i still request to ask for a preference, which watch will u guys choose, assuming if u are going buy it for yourself? and why? Once again tks in advance!
                Do yourself a favour and head down to an AD like WP to try them on for yourself! Buy the one that "speaks" the loudest to you. Either way, you won't regret and it will be the start of your spiraling madness into wonderful world of mechanical timepieces!
                Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

• Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
                  Do yourself a favour and head down to an AD like WP to try them on for yourself! Buy the one that "speaks" the loudest to you. Either way, you won't regret and it will be the start of your spiraling madness into wonderful world of mechanical timepieces!
                  great advice...

Comment

• Here we go...

recuiting more watch addicts soon

Comment

• soon we will need to set up a clinic of watch addicts, just like there is clinics for druggies
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        soon we will need to set up a clinic of watch addicts, just like there is clinics for druggies
                        To cure them or make them more addicted? hehehe

Comment

• well, do drug rehab make people more or less addicted to drugs? Of course less addicted. But in our case we work on reverse psychology, but the impacts are yet unknown
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• If there's 1 such clinic, let me knw. I b te first to admit, I think...
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                              well, do drug rehab make people more or less addicted to drugs? Of course less addicted. But in our case we work on reverse psychology, but the impacts are yet unknown
                              Ahh...that seems nice hehehe

Comment

• signup here inital consultation S$100/hr . Transfer to my UOB a/c
                                Blue 6694
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X