Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but funny pengkwee still operating quite well. usually if shop is known to be overpriced, then the shop will have less patrons, but they seem to be quite busy esp at the peoples park and lucky plaza, but i guess lucky plaza got a lot of tourist who may pop by and not have had the time to shop around at other outlets first.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Unless u r an insider, u'l nt knw if tis customers r 'buyers' or 'browsers'. Mreovr, PK has gd n presentable shop front so naturally attracts mre pple to browse. For all u knw,their aftrsales svc may b gd? Jus sharing. Tx.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        but funny pengkwee still operating quite well. usually if shop is known to be overpriced, then the shop will have less patrons, but they seem to be quite busy esp at the peoples park and lucky plaza, but i guess lucky plaza got a lot of tourist who may pop by and not have had the time to shop around at other outlets first.
        there are always buyers who will pay above more than market rate. however, those who do homework, wont buy from them unless it is a rare watch or they willing to match buyer's asking price.

we also cannot discount the fact that if watches cannot be sold, they can still push to sub dealers to export to other countries.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

PengKwee does look intimidating to me, its like this huge 'suction' thingy that will just suck you in...even if you look @ the shop from a distance..maybe its just me..

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
            Unless u r an insider, u'l nt knw if tis customers r 'buyers' or 'browsers'. Mreovr, PK has gd n presentable shop front so naturally attracts mre pple to browse. For all u knw,their aftrsales svc may b gd? Jus sharing. Tx.
            that is true, their shop all very nice open and the staff are friendly. i havent dealt with them so i could not comment on aftersales service, but it seems that they are capable of providing inhouse service.

Originally posted by triton View Post
            there are always buyers who will pay above more than market rate. however, those who do homework, wont buy from them unless it is a rare watch or they willing to match buyer's asking price.

we also cannot discount the fact that if watches cannot be sold, they can still push to sub dealers to export to other countries.
            i was offered a full set 16233 at a very competitive price, and the girls actually recognise me from far and asked me to sit down and tell them what price i was looking at, i think they could see that i was serious in buying, but only if the price was right.

i end up buying from elsewhere since the dial wasnt exactly what i wanted, but still a decent watch and easily sold imo.

i was thinking that they have subdealers and export markets otherwise looking at the amount of watches, they would be stuck with the watches.

also i do not think that the digestion rate for pre owned at the PK prices is good. i have not yet seen any deals closed, but then again, i wasnt there at every minute that the shop open

Originally posted by pebz View Post
            PengKwee does look intimidating to me, its like this huge 'suction' thingy that will just suck you in...even if you look @ the shop from a distance..maybe its just me..
            i think you referring to the girls . they suck you in and dry also a lot of people crowd around the shop and look so naturally high foot traffic will equate to relatively high chance that you will drop by and see.
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

i think many of PK's customers are indo-chinese so since their money is in abundance, survival of the chains do not seem to be an issue.
              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
              What's NEXT?

Comment

i think you referring to the girls . they suck you in and dry also a lot of people crowd around the shop and look so naturally high foot traffic will equate to relatively high chance that you will drop by and see.
                Partly and also the people look like speak hokkien only...

Comment

Partly and also the people look like speak hokkien only...
                  were you aiming that at me? ...... i can only speak hokkien and english never learn mando in Oz, since no chance.

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  i think many of PK's customers are indo-chinese so since their money is in abundance, survival of the chains do not seem to be an issue.
                  i have to agree that indo chinese would make the bulk of customers buying 2nd hand rolex (new as well) in S'pore. but personally from my experience, they prefer to buy new models and all are very alert to what models are IN or OUT.
                  Last edited by seiko.citizen; 11-04-08, 09:23 PM.
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

What does M or Z series means?

Hi, was surfing and notes that some of you used M and Z series for the Explorer. Mind enlightening me, this Explorer- hunter what it means? Different year of production? Different materials used? Anywhere I can find more info with regards to these technical lingo?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by guru View Post
                      Hi, was surfing and notes that some of you used M and Z series for the Explorer. Mind enlightening me, this Explorer- hunter what it means? Different year of production? Different materials used? Anywhere I can find more info with regards to these technical lingo?

Cheers
                      Pls check this out ---> http://www.oysterworld.de/1/index.htm
                      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Great link! Thanks I certainly need time to digest all these info.

Comment

were you aiming that at me? ...... i can only speak hokkien and english never learn mando in Oz, since no chance.
                          I meant them!
                          Last edited by triton; 13-04-08, 12:33 PM.

Comment

its all good. some people still learning how to speak mando.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Went by a shop in Thomson Plaza last evening and saw a nice pre-owned rollie - its silver with diamond markers, jubilee bracelet, white faced. It was asking @ a price of $5950 but no box only papers. Is this expensive? I did tell myself that if I get a pre-owned, I wld much prefer with box and papers? It will fetch a better price if I want to sell in future?

Also visted Monster Time website, seems there is a clearence sale going on..vintage rolexes..priced attractively..can get for like less than $2k? Is there a catch or something?
                              Last edited by pebz; 14-04-08, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Went by a shop in Thomson Plaza last evening and saw a nice pre-owned rollie - its silver with diamond markers, jubilee bracelet, white faced. It was asking @ a price of $5950 but no box only papers. Is this expensive? I did tell myself that if I get a pre-owned, I wld much prefer with box and papers? It will fetch a better price if I want to sell in future?

Also visted Monster Time website, seems there is a clearence sale going on..vintage rolexes..priced attractively..can get for like less than $2k? Is there a catch or something?
                                Hmm...kinda expensibe I would say...

Monster time 1 is cheap...but you pay for wad u get,2k and below stuff got..but the condition and the age is abit..errr...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X