Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gmt master 2 or explorer 2

hi there,

i was actually surfing for information on which watch to buy when i chanced upon this website.

i've worn an explorer ii for the past 5 years (a present from my wife), but unfortunately it was lost recently.

i've enjoyed my previous watch and it suits my job perfectly, but i wonder: what is the allure of the gmt master ii? it seems generally more popular than the explorer ii.

i also understand that there are a few revisions/versions of gmt masters: the older ones that tell 2 time zones (with/without quick set/1 hr red hand jumps, etc), and the newer one which tells 3 time zones.

how is the third time zone told?

i've seen some second hand rolexes (dating to maybe 70s and 80s) being sold whereby the caseback's inner rim has corroded - can/will RSC actually change the caseback or entire case of the watch in such a situation when you send it in for servicing?

i wanna thank everyone who contributed to compiling the list of places to buy a pre-owned rolex in singapore.

i'll be back in a few months' time and i will spend the time from now until then decided if buying a brand new watch is worth it...

meanwhile i shall surf those sites and have a look at the prices of the watches in comparison with what i can save.

a friend of mine even mentioned to take a quick trip to macau and buy a replacement from a pawnshop!

well, if anybody feels like discussing what i've mentioned above, feel free to reply to my post.

cheers!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

first of all, sorry to hear that you lost the watch given by your wife.

to answer your question on how to set 3 time zone on a GMT.

set the hour & minute hand to home country.
    set the red GMT time hand to country you are in.

then either use home country time or current local time, rotate the bezel with the zero marker to the hour of the time of referencing (home time or current time). then base on +- hours, you should be able to tell the time for the third country.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

is GMT or explorer better? I am lost....
      ==================
      State of flux : choice between two rolexes

Comment

better..??....depends on what u mean by better lor........

they are almost similar....
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

in terms of resale value, asthetic?
          ==================

Comment

for resale value, i think it will be proportional as explorer II and GMT Master II are priced differently.

however the GMT Master II 16710 is currently discontinued and as such, prices for brand new piece is going for close to 8K though the list price is 7444. currently i believe there are ppl still looking for the 16710. so the resale value is currently higher.

as for aesthetics purposes. it is your personal preference. some like rotating bezel, some don't. some like colorful bezel. some don't. personally i prefer the explorer II compared to GMT Master II (16710)
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Thanks Bro..am getting my explorer 2 tomr...am lookiing forward to it!
              ==================

Comment

Originally posted by wilsonawt View Post
                Thanks Bro..am getting my explorer 2 tomr...am lookiing forward to it!
                good buy

brand new or pre-own?

white or black face?

how much?

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

white, preowned 2004 without pin hole. nice beauty at $4975.
                  ==================

Comment

Originally posted by wilsonawt View Post
                    white, preowned 2004 without pin hole. nice beauty at $4975.
                    Handsome..the xtra $75 is from the authentication at Rolex ctr..haha...

Comment

lol...defnitely...with validation
                      ==================

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X