No announcement yet.

Buying a 2nd hand Rolex..Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plenty of people in sg to service your watch, so no need to take to RSC only. unless you dont feel comfortable
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Just imagine if your have your radio changed in your Benz and you send it in for servicing and they dun return your car because of the "after-market" part in your benz... Can't imagine Rolex is doing this to their customers....

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      You can do anything to your watch actually. Add this add that....just dun bring to RSC lor.

Comment

hahaha...gd one!hahahaha.....tat is y i dun dare to buy conti cars..lolz.....japanese makes are more easy..they dun care wad u change...still can service..lolz....as in cars not watches hor...
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

haha! Got good laughs from all yr replies..thanks a lot..I chose the aftermarket one cos its got diamond bezel and a MOP diamond marker dial (its the ladies 69173 model, serial no late 1980's) ..both are after-market stuff (but my wife loves bling-bling...)..looks quite nice (in photo lah...haven't seen real thing up close yet..). Got it for about SGD4k (auction bidding). Compared it to others on sale, final price seemed quite reasonable..so wanted to know if seller is reputable..any comments? Thanks!!
          Last edited by mickey2006; 09-07-08, 12:34 AM. Reason: added wrong details

Comment

Originally posted by mickey2006 View Post
            haha! Got good laughs from all yr replies..thanks a lot..I chose the aftermarket one cos its got diamond bezel and a MOP diamond marker dial (its the ladies 69173 model, serial no late 1980's) ..both are after-market stuff (but my wife loves bling-bling...)..looks quite nice (in photo lah...haven't seen real thing up close yet..). Got it for about SGD4k (auction bidding). Compared it to others on sale, final price seemed quite reasonable..so wanted to know if seller is reputable..any comments? Thanks!!
            Bro, my advise is to get the watch in it's original condition. Aftermarkets will spoil the beautiful timepice!
            Get it verified at RSC then u can add blings to it later lor..
            $4k is still a lot of money n i'm sure u wanna get wat u paid for, i.e, original Rolex.
            Try going to Koh watches at peoples park, so far their prices seem to be the best! People there are nice too!
            Good luck in your hunt!
            [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
            Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

i have a toyota car, i did some modifications under the hood. there was something that i need to change as car under warranty. service technician advised me to remove a particular mod so that he can do the warranty claim, else he unable to assist. so does not mean jap make cars dont care what u change.

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              hahaha...gd one!hahahaha.....tat is y i dun dare to buy conti cars..lolz.....japanese makes are more easy..they dun care wad u change...still can service..lolz....as in cars not watches hor...
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Just imagine if your have your radio changed in your Benz and you send it in for servicing and they dun return your car because of the "after-market" part in your benz... Can't imagine Rolex is doing this to their customers....
                That's like OUCH!

But there's a difference. Rolex wants to retain their prestige...that class...to make sure everything remains the way they have done it. Cars are different la.

HUH! You bought already

Well guess it's too late..good luck! Enjoy the watch...just dun ever bring it to RSC. You will see yourself paying at least another 4-5k more

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  i have a toyota car, i did some modifications under the hood. there was something that i need to change as car under warranty. service technician advised me to remove a particular mod so that he can do the warranty claim, else he unable to assist. so does not mean jap make cars dont care what u change.
                  Agree...all the makers want to protect their products...they want to keep it as "theirs"...so of course every car or watch maker whichever is the case would do this

I feel mods are ok...as long as u bring to ur own workshop outside lor....simple

Comment

Hi all, thanks for good and funny input. I haven't picked up piece yet. Wanted to negotaite with seller to meet at RSC for an appraisal but I was "dungu" didn't know that RSC will "detain" the watch with the aftermarket stuff...so now I'm in a fix...want to verify insides are real and genuine but can't bring it to RSC. As for the outside stuff (like 18K gold and diamonds, these i can verify elsewhere) but its the guts that i want RSC to verify for me. Don't want end up with a Rolex exterior but Japanese movt inside!! Hehe... BUT I don't want to get it "serviced" at RSC, just want to authenticate the insides...will they do that for me without "detaining" it cos its got after market stuff on it? Thanks.
                    Last edited by mickey2006; 09-07-08, 09:25 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      i think in the new type also very hard to change , but it would suck if you cannot change the radio. audi on the other hand, can change quite easily.

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                      conti & jap cars got standard so easy to mod and change, wait til you buy china car impossible to modify.

i once try and repair a table saw from germany - very easy to repair, another one from PRC. KNN like the safe of fort knox.

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      under hood mods cannot claim under warranty, my local honda dealer also told me that once i had accord (moon yrs ago) and modify until the mechanic gong gong, never seen that type of extreme mod because i fitted a turbo.............. now honda never had those

That's like OUCH!

But there's a difference. Rolex wants to retain their prestige...that class...to make sure everything remains the way they have done it. Cars are different la.

(...)
                      what class.... rolex *imo* prestige not there, because so common, even those aunties working as cashier also wearing and cleaner also have rather i appreciate the precision and art that goes into every rolex
                      Last edited by seiko.citizen; 09-07-08, 10:23 AM.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

That's like OUCH!

HUH! You bought already

Well guess it's too late..good luck! Enjoy the watch...just dun ever bring it to RSC. You will see yourself paying at least another 4-5k more
                        huh... spending $4K and no sure if the watch is authentic?
                        There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                          what class.... rolex *imo* prestige not there, because so common, even those aunties working as cashier also wearing and cleaner also have rather i appreciate the precision and art that goes into every rolex
                          Well fine...

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
                          huh... spending $4K and no sure if the watch is authentic?
                          Hahaha it's authentic for sure la...reputable fella...but comes at a cost

Comment

Heard that if watch is not authentic RSC has a right to retain it. Its better to buy watch with cert. Do u have a rough idea of what u wan in mind? Maybe I can help?

Comment

Hi all, thanks for good and funny input. I haven't picked up piece yet. Wanted to negotaite with seller to meet at RSC for an appraisal but I was "dungu" didn't know that RSC will "detain" the watch with the aftermarket stuff...so now I'm in a fix...want to verify insides are real and genuine but can't bring it to RSC. As for the outside stuff (like 18K gold and diamonds, these i can verify elsewhere) but its the guts that i want RSC to verify for me. Don't want end up with a Rolex exterior but Japanese movt inside!! Hehe... BUT I don't want to get it "serviced" at RSC, just want to authenticate the insides...will they do that for me without "detaining" it cos its got after market stuff on it? Thanks.
                              try a small shop (not brightime and definitely not pengkwee ) at level one of lucky plaza next to the escalator....can't remember the shop name...it's opp peng kwee....he can help you check...

alternatively, see lobang section here...there's a new thread of someone offering verification and repair services.

cheers

james
                              Last edited by wolfeyes1974; 26-08-08, 06:07 PM.
                              I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                              A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                              Audemars Piguet ROO
                              Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                              De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                              Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                              Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                              Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                              IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                              Panerai 270
                              Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                              Rolex 116610LV
                              Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                                try a small shop (not brightime and definitely not pengkwee ) at level one of lucky plaza next to the escalator....can't remember the shop name...it's opp peng kwee....he can help you check...

alternatively, see lobang section here...there's a new thread of someone offering verification and repair services.

cheers

james
                                Is it top Hour?

Originally posted by hlfjanetslj View Post
                                Heard that if watch is not authentic RSC has a right to retain it. Its better to buy watch with cert. Do u have a rough idea of what u wan in mind? Maybe I can help?
                                Yes. But chances of it being held by RSC is slim la...

Not true....I can mod the watch...but give you the cert also..no diff. I said liaos...usually no problem de

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X