Commenting Watch Repairers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
    This is my personal views, i'm not affiliated to any of them. It is a basic guidelines only. Do not take it as 100% correct cos i may be wrong. Different ppl are entittled to different views

In accordance to alphabet order, rated 1 to 5 is best

1. Ace-time Mr andrew +4 trustable and knowlegeable

2. Anthena +3 pushy but friendly ppl there willing to promote their watches

3. barryvip Mr Barry +3 reliable

4. Jw Mr john +5 watches cheap and very expert in watch repairing, in house warranty

5. Kchen Mr kenneth +3 trustable

6. passions Mr johnathan +4 well known international and watch comes with in house warranty

7. Peng Kwee +1 sexy sale girls but product knowlege not soooooo good

8. sinlian pawn Mr russel +4 friendly can pawn other watch brands besides rolex

9. timewilltell Mr James/richard +2 have many old discon models still bnib.

10. visiotime Mr Bosman +3 trustable, in house warranty

11. watcharena Mr adrian +3 many nice hi end brands with price reasonable

12. watchlink Mr sam +3 good to consignment watches there

13. and lastly ...new world watch Mr Lim +4 repair watches at reasonable price

Above are shops i ve visited before. Those not listed may also be good or even better but i could not comment as i dunno them nor patronise them before.

Any bros out there can also help to list shops names, repairers which are good that you encounter.

This is my personal views, i'm not affiliated to any of them. It is a basic guidelines only. Do not take it as 100% correct cos i may be wrong. Different ppl are entittled to different views

In accordance to alphabet order, rated 1 to 5 is best

1. Ace-time Mr andrew +4 trustable and knowlegeable

2. Anthena +3 pushy but friendly ppl there willing to promote their watches

3. barryvip Mr Barry +3 reliable

4. chuan watch Mr Henry +4 product knowlege very good, in house warranty 1 year

5. Jw Mr john +5 watches cheap and very expert in watch repairing, in house warranty

6. Kchen Mr kenneth +3 trustable

7. passions Mr johnathan +4 well known international and watch comes with in house warranty

8. Peng Kwee +1 sexy sale girls but product knowlege not soooooo good

9. sinlian pawn Mr russel +4 friendly can pawn other watch brands besides rolex

10. timewilltell Mr James/richard +2 have many old discon models still bnib.

11. visiotime Mr Bosman +3 trustable, in house warranty

12. watcharena Mr adrian +3 many nice hi end brands with price reasonable

13. watchlink Mr sam +3 good to consignment watches there

14. and lastly ...new world watch Mr Lim +4 repair watches at reasonable price

Above are shops i ve visited before. Those not listed may also be good or even better but i could not comment as i dunno them nor patronise them before.

Any bros out there can also help to list shops names, repairers which are good that you encounter.

Sorry miss out Chuan watch earlier post
    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      for links, it is hard to say it is new or pre-own. even buy from RSC, we take it as it is brand new. cause they not allowed to sell used parts.

if it new, how they get their hands on one. im curious.

also curious to know if the pieces they are selling are brand new? if it is, is it local or overseas set. cause it will make a difference.
      Well, The link I bought is from a sub as they claimed. There was no scratches or marks on it. So I assume it is an extra link that people sell to them. I actually intended to head RSC to get it but it was a sunday when my senior told me it too tight. To prevent delay, I ventured into pre-owned shop. Not all the link can be used on the newer rolex model as I found out after going through three pre-own shops.

I cant say too much about the Sub that my friend got as I was not present when he bought it. His the one that recommanded me there and Passion too. I already describe it as BNIB. So it should tell you something. Beside, they also need to take time(~one to three weeks) to get it. Local or overseas, I would not know but you can also drop by their shop at Bencoolen building to checkout.
      sigpic

Comment

Anybody has any experience with Bonfield Mr Eric?

Comment

Originally posted by yulee View Post
          Anybody has any experience with Bonfield Mr Eric?
          Dealed with him few times, quite a technical man who knows how to verified and service watches. Rate him as reliable too.
          [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
          [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
          [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

quotations

Hi all,

I have a 15210 (20 yrs old) that has never been serviced. As expected, the watch has been losing time & screaming to be serviced. A search on google led me to this forum & watchpassionist contribution.

Based on his suggestion, I called up the 3 shops to get quotations - JW, Chuan & New World.

JW didnt open yesterday & only managed to speak with them after 2pm. She quoted me $250 + $100 parts replacement which would be likely since my watch components could be breaking down. I'm not sure if that incl polishing. The problem is the waiting time is 4months!! This is becos they have alot of orders & ordering spare parts could take a long time too!!

Chuan quoted package of servicing & polishing for $300. Collect within a week. They dont open on weekends. 1 yr warranty.

New World quoted servicing & polishing for $180. Collect within a week. Mr Lim spoke confidently that it is a easy job & he does not expect any problem. They are opened everyday. 1 yr warranty. Wow.

Of course, before I discovered this site, RSC quoted me a starting fee of $730 to service this watch. I suspect the final cost could be higher.

I looked for reviews of servicing done by New World but cant find any. Henry (Chuan) maybe ex-RSC but does he or his worker do the servicing?

It is a toss up between Chuan & New World. I havent which to go yet.

Is there anyone else I should consider?

Thanks for reading!!!

Comment

Try new world, Mr Lim. He was formerly at Golden Landmark, many watch dealers go to him for repair work when he was there.
              But he is not an expert on polishing, go to GLM look for Excel Kenny or Cindy.

Comment

you may want to consider to read this thread

Originally posted by zenman8 View Post
                Hi all,

I have a 15210 (20 yrs old) that has never been serviced. As expected, the watch has been losing time & screaming to be serviced. A search on google led me to this forum & watchpassionist contribution.

Is there anyone else I should consider?

Thanks for reading!!!
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Great job done by Kronos, definitely worth trying next time if i want send my watches for service. Very detailed.
                  Gd recommendations bro Triton

Comment

Thanks for the lead... So now its now $350, instead of $300 for modern models, since the promo is over..
                    Is my 15210 consider a modern model?

Comment

Great job done by Kronos, definitely worth trying next time if i want send my watches for service. Very detailed.
                      Gd recommendations bro Triton
                      Hi watchpassionist,

Kronos at $350, matches JWwatch price, whom you gave a +5 rating.
                      Cons for JW is a 4mths wait for a repair job.

What about Kronos now that, I imagine, he is a flood of orders with the recent promo?
                      Hopefully Kronos wont be a very long wait too?

Comment

Try new world, Mr Lim. He was formerly at Golden Landmark, many watch dealers go to him for repair work when he was there.
                        But he is not an expert on polishing, go to GLM look for Excel Kenny or Cindy.
                        Thanks for the tip.
                        It might be worth making another trip after collecting watch from New World & wait again for the polishing to be done at Excel.

BTW, an you quote offhand, Excel Watch Center charges for polish?

Thanks.

Comment

promotion is still on going. yes. it is consider modern.

Thanks for the lead... So now its now $350, instead of $300 for modern models, since the promo is over..
                          Is my 15210 consider a modern model?
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Hi triton,

Thanks for the info
                            How long would he take to service my slow watch?
                            At $300, Kronos price matches Chuanwatch, which watchpassionist rates as +4.

I'm appreciate a thorough job but frankly, I dont want to wait for 1 month to collect the watch, if you know what I mean.

Thank you senior members for your advice.

Comment

should be within 4 weeks.

Hi triton,

Thanks for the info
                              How long would he take to service my slow watch?
                              At $300, Kronos price matches Chuanwatch, which watchpassionist rates as +4.

I'm appreciate a thorough job but frankly, I dont want to wait for 1 month to collect the watch, if you know what I mean.

Thank you senior members for your advice.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

Thanks for the tip.
                                It might be worth making another trip after collecting watch from New World & wait again for the polishing to be done at Excel.

BTW, an you quote offhand, Excel Watch Center charges for polish?

Thanks.
                                Hi all,

For the benefit of all readers here, Excel quotes $50-$70 for polishing the watch, depending on the severity of the work.
                                The job with take between 2-3 days.

Of course if your watch is terribly dinked or gone through rough wears, then the polisher will need to remove more material to get that shine.

Then the concern is when a watch has light wear but may still undergo that heavy polishing which many of us would not be able to detect. Vintage watch collectors may not want to subject their watch to this treatment; its like putting an antique coin through cleaning solvents!!! haha..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X