Deal only after Authentication at RSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    there are some threads and posts that are created for ULTERIOR motive.

if you happen to read yesterday sunday times where there is also another graduate selling food @ hawker centre, he commented that people who dress shabbily and treats you nice may be the really rich ones.

sometimes when questions are pose, u need to know the RATIONALE behind. do not jump into conclusion to assume anything.....
    err....oook I blur blur dunno anything

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Any bros here know wat's the latest time i can bring a watch to rolex centre to verify.. I know it closes at 6pm but wat's the latest time they accept their last customer.. Thanks and urgently need tis info as i'm going down tong centre tomorrow..
      [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
      Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
        Authenticator's name, date of authentication, watch serial number only. Year of production don't have IIRC...
        True enough, the tax invoice only shows name, date and watch serial#. The only way to find out the year of production of the watch is to refer to the serial number (for those earlier watch that didn't carry with alphabet series).

Cheerio,

Comment

1. Any clude how they verify is the "real" thing? Do they open up the case?

2. Is the $75 include GST?

3. Does the girls at the counter (many are aunties only 1 or 2 young ones ) provide FREE service to adjust your bracelets to suit wrist?

4. Do they trace if the piece had been reported stolen one?

5. Check if the PINS are orginal ones and links complete set?

6. How fast does it take to verify? 1 hour?

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post

3. Does the girls at the counter (many are aunties only 1 or 2 young ones ) provide FREE service to adjust your bracelets to suit wrist?

1. Yes, open case and check
            2. I think so, hopefully someone can chip in and verify
            3. not free. Already charged, so yes, they can adjust for you. Can even do yourself
            4. only in local records. ie. Singapore. If the watch was reported lost in Oz, and bring back, then cannot check
            5. Not sure, would say they have method to check.
            6. very fast, maybe 20-30mins MAX plus waiting time, unless you are angmoh
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

but most of the time rolex dun charge anything for adjustment of straps, watch timing..i brought my tudor in and requested for service as it is running slow..the technician opened up the case and told me that the movement is very clean..he just adjusted the timing on the movement and return to me without any charges..

Comment

thats because all that time you give your watch to service, they already make money from you, more then enough to cover the cost of your "minor" regulation
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post

2: GST included.

3: Free

6: If no queue about 20 to 30mins

Comment

Rolex RSC Authentication

Dear all

I have never send a Rolex for authenticated before at the RSC. From the forum, I read that its $75. I have the following questions:

1. After authenticated, will I get a certificate to say its real?

2. Will the test also covers testing for spoilt parts? I do not know if the Rolex I am seeking to buy is spoilt or not, eg. rust/water inside watch or dropped before. Will they report the condition during the authentication process?

3. Will they be checking if its stolen? I am not want to buy black goods.

4. Is $75 the final charge or there are still service charge, GST, etc?

5. I am a newbie as I do not know how to check for serial number and series. Will RSC be giving me the tested specimen's serial number and series, so I can see if it matches with the card?

Thanks to all forumers!

Comment

-No, only verbal.

2. Will the test also covers testing for spoilt parts? I do not know if the Rolex I am seeking to buy is spoilt or not, eg. rust/water inside watch or dropped before. Will they report the condition during the authentication process?
                      -They will tell u the condition, then strongly advise u to do ther servicing..

-I think so...

-$75nett. If u do servicing, they will waive the $75.

5. I am a newbie as I do not know how to check for serial number and series. Will RSC be giving me the tested specimen's serial number and series, so I can see if it matches with the card?
                      -They will write the serial no. on the receipt.
                      Current:
                      No More Liao...

Comment

My experience...

Verbal... Mr DM101, your watch is brand new...

Never encounter before

Dun know

Yes, GST included - only $75 not more not less

Answer as above

Then u can get them to resize the bracklet 4 u 4 free

Comment

For 2...

If parts spoilt,your watch won't be operating normally. You will know But they won't test for spoilt parts. As I said..if it's spoiled somewhere inside..there will be signs..if there's water inside...there would be mist on the watch crystal..cannot run 1

As for number 3...

If serial number matches their black list when they key it in...they will confiscate the watch on the spot.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

1) a receipt that is only 75 is an indication of the watch has been authenticated by RSC in Singapore. in other words, it is real.

if it is not genuine, RSC will likely return the watch to you giving you some politically correct answer.

2) authentication does not not cover anything else. if you want to check if the watch needs to be serviced, then ask for a service quote. however, no receipt will be given to you for the service quote. it is all written on the service docket.

3) if the watch is reported stolen, they will advise you.

4) last check on $75 is inclusive of GST. please be advise that not all rolex models authentication fee is 75.

5) if you got a warranty card/paper, you can match it either from the ROLEX CHAPTER RING or the engraved serial number @ 6 o'clock position of the case between the lugs.

Originally posted by sooqing View Post

Thanks to all forumers!
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Tudor Servicing

Hi,

May I ask if any one knows the agar charges for replacing a old Tudor Oyster Prince Date face, bracelet, watch back cover (not sure the actual name), if you don't mind sharing...

The Tudor should look some thing like this w/o the day at 12 pls...
                              http://www.sinlianpawnshop.com/index...oducts_id=1313

thank you lots in advance...

Comment

Deal only after Authentication at RSC?

I haven't bought/sold with other forumers before but I plan to. I see that most sellers welcome authentication at RSC. However, I understand that RSC now does not do an authentication turnaround immediately within say, half an hour. If you go there in the afternoon, then you may collect it back only in the next day. Even if you go there in the morning, you may be able to collect it only in the afternoon cause they don't give priority to authentication.

In that case, ie, when RSC doesn't offer "immediately authentication", then how?: how?

A. Buyer pays the Seller first, then Buyer go to RSC for authentication himself but what if authentication result is not satisfactory but money already passed to Seller? In that case difficult to chase the Seller?

B. Buyer and Seller meet at RSC. Seller passes the watch to RSC for authentication and transact only after authentication done. What if RSC says "gentlemen, we cannot have it done today, please leave the watch and collect tomorrow". Then what? Seller and Buyer go back home and then meet again at RSC the next day to "see" the authentication result and complete the transaction?

Would like to hear your advice, esp when RSC doesn't offer "immediate authentication service" within say, half to one hour.

Thanks very much!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X