Indirect verification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indirect verification

Yo yo, juz struck my mind.. Has anyone try this method to verify ur Rollie?
    - go rsc tell them some fake symptoms of the watch n request a service quote.
    - if they gv a service quote means ur watch is ardy real rite as they dnt service fake watch
    - after hearing the service quote, u can say u need to consider n walk off, after so, u can b sure the watch is real.. Hehe..

Anyone tried above?

yah, this is already considered an old trick
    simi kangtao?

Comment

And I seriously wonder why you have to reveal this to the whole world
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Let me share one of my experience at RSC. May come as a shock to u but it's true. I went to RSC to change the scratch crystal of my DJ having the impression that RSC will do verification prior to changing.(my intention is to do verification but by changing the crystal I have more value for my money, or so I thought) on the contary the counter girl told me that if they change the crystal, they only verify if the existing crystal NOT the whole watch. Then I ask the girl to do verification service first before I decide wheather to change the crystal. The result came out and the DJ hands are aftermarket. To my surprise, the girl ask me if I still want to change the crystal even though the hands are aftermarket. I'm confuse by the standards and standing policy of RSC till now. Any bro have similar experience or thoughts to share?

Comment

im not sure the age of the dj.

however, after market hands still not as bad as non genuine movement.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I stopped using RSC for verification but based on my discussions with other bros , sometimes RSC ok with the following aftermarket parts:-

1)crystal
            2)spring bar
            3)hour and minute hands
            4)leather straps
            5)gold bracelet (I know someone who sent in a DD with his own jeweler made 916K president bracelet but they are ok to provide quote on the watch head and even commented the 916K president bracelet worth a lot of $).
            My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
            1) WG DIA 18239
            2) YG DIA 18238
            3) WG 18239
            4) YG 18238
            5) YG 18248G Bark
            6) WG DIA 18039
            7) WG 18039
            8) YG 18038
            9) Tridor DIA 18039B
            10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
            11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
            12) WG 1803
            13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
            1)GMT II 116718 18K
            2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
            1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
            2)D15037 14k
            3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Just an opinion...don't take that $107 receipt as gospel truth! It's easy money for them.

Comment

Thanks for all the valuable feedbacks..!

Comment

The point here is don't think you get free verification by changing some small parts or ask for service quote. There maybe some parts that are not genuine and RSC will still proceed with the service. However with the $107 verification, RSC will thoroughtly check every single parts of the watch and advise u when there is an aftermarket part. That's the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                    So better go elsewhere to seek 2nd opinion?
                    Nim : I think RSC still provide the best opinion. If we cant trust RSC who else we can we trust? Just need to pay $107 and go thru the proper verification process.

Louis : I don't think we are smarter than them and can exploit their loopholes, there are no loopholes to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                      The point here is don't think you get free verification by changing some small parts or ask for service quote. There maybe some parts that are not genuine and RSC will still proceed with the service. However with the $107 verification, RSC will thoroughtly check every single parts of the watch and advise u when there is an aftermarket part. That's the difference.
                      For $107, they will tell you if parts are genuine Rolex stuff....but they will not tell you if the parts are correct for the model or time period.
                      For example, if you have a serviced dial or a single clasp or a triplock crown, they are all genuine rolex parts but may not be the correct original part for a specific model. Don't want to even start about the different variants of T-19 or T-39 domes.
                      In a way, for modern rolex, they are fine, but their knowledge on vintage may not even be as good as some collectors.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                        For $107, they will tell you if parts are genuine Rolex stuff....but they will not tell you if the parts are correct for the model or time period.
                        For example, if you have a serviced dial or a single clasp or a triplock crown, they are all genuine rolex parts but may not be the correct original part for a specific model. Don't want to even start about the different variants of T-19 or T-39 domes.
                        In a way, for modern rolex, they are fine, but their knowledge on vintage may not even be as good as some collectors.
                        Agree 100%, when it comes to vintage or older models, collectors and even some veteran dealers (who have 20 to 30 years knowledge) know better than those RSC technicians who are more a generalist.

RSC tech staff are trained to verify if a certain part is original but it takes a true collector with lots of passion and time to research and note down the different models and their matching parts.
                        My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                        1) WG DIA 18239
                        2) YG DIA 18238
                        3) WG 18239
                        4) YG 18238
                        5) YG 18248G Bark
                        6) WG DIA 18039
                        7) WG 18039
                        8) YG 18038
                        9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                        10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                        11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                        12) WG 1803
                        13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                        1)GMT II 116718 18K
                        2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                        1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                        2)D15037 14k
                        3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Agreed totally as I don't think it's within part of their 107 service to identify which part is matching to which period of watch even if they know it's not correct.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                            The sgd107 is at best a guideline that the watch has 100% original rolex parts and is not a black market item
                            you're the smartest member here that can gratuitously dispel wise trope. your remarks leave me at a loss...
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X