My Rolex Submariner stop ticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rolex Submariner stop ticking

I bought my Sub 2 years and 8 months ago from THG. Recently, I realised the power reserve of my Sub seems to drop after putting it on a winder (I wear it only once a week).

Yesterday, after winding for about 40 rounds and wearing it in the morning, it stop ticking at about 3pm. I wind it again after this happened but the ticking continue to stop at short intervals after which I finally gave up and concluded that it need to be sent to service center for check and repair.

I did not expect my Sub to fail me as I have a Omega Speedmaster which I purchased 5 years ago which has never fail me for a single day as long as I am wearing it ( I wear it 3to 4 days a week).

1. Is the problem due to the reason I did not service my Sub after the 2 years warranty period? When must I service my Rolex?

2.Is this a common problem to Rolex watches or just an isolated case which happen to my Sub? I am starting to lose my confidence in a watch brand which has a history of robust and reliability and certainty in doubt now to get my third Rolex for my third child.

Thanks.

there can be various reasons why your watch is showing such symptoms... but not servicing it after 2 years 8 months of ownership should not be part of it. servicing intervals should be 5-7 years.

if you're sure it's not a result of your use, why not drop by RSC with it and ask them if this is acceptable or at least find out what the problem is. there's no need to tell them it is 2 years 8 months old...

any brand can make watches that will fail inappropriately - not just rolex. don't overthink it.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
      confirm isolated case.
      in fact, never heard of, personally
      Agreed, rare case. So dun worry if you plan to buy another rolex.
      Current:
      No More Liao...

Comment

can you share what are the settings on the winder? the TPD and direction? also please share how long have you been using this winder

Originally posted by VA75 View Post
        I bought my Sub 2 years and 8 months ago from THG. Recently, I realised the power reserve of my Sub seems to drop after putting it on a winder (I wear it only once a week).

Yesterday, after winding for about 40 rounds and wearing it in the morning, it stop ticking at about 3pm. I wind it again after this happened but the ticking continue to stop at short intervals after which I finally gave up and concluded that it need to be sent to service center for check and repair.

I did not expect my Sub to fail me as I have a Omega Speedmaster which I purchased 5 years ago which has never fail me for a single day as long as I am wearing it ( I wear it 3to 4 days a week).

1. Is the problem due to the reason I did not service my Sub after the 2 years warranty period? When must I service my Rolex?

2.Is this a common problem to Rolex watches or just an isolated case which happen to my Sub? I am starting to lose my confidence in a watch brand which has a history of robust and reliability and certainty in doubt now to get my third Rolex for my third child.

Thanks.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I am using this Wolf Design Module 1.5 winder for about 2 years 4 months. I set it to bidirection mode, clockwise and anticlockwise to wind my rolex.

Thanks!

Comment

rolex won't over wind.

Comment

what is the TPD?

Originally posted by VA75 View Post
              I am using this Wolf Design Module 1.5 winder for about 2 years 4 months. I set it to bidirection mode, clockwise and anticlockwise to wind my rolex.

Thanks!
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

there is a post here on over wind and over stress.

automatic watches come with slipping clutch, hence chance of over winding is negligible but would constant higher than recommended TPD cause slipping clutch to be engage more often and hence possibly lead to over stress of part and .......

Originally posted by damienloh View Post
                rolex won't over wind.

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

I wear my sub to work everyday and when I do not work during weekends, it will stop on Sunday. I doubt it your watch issue, probably due to insufficient winding which the seniors are trying to ascertain if ONLY you can provide your TPD.

Cheers...
                  Current babies:
                  Sub 16610LN D series
                  PAM 312 M series
                  IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
                  116613LB?
                  a good White dial watch

Comment

My winder TPD is 600.

The module 1.5 rotates for 6 hours (150 turns per cycle, 4 cycles per day) and has an 18 hour “sleep phase”.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X