Manual wind watch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual wind watch.

Seeking advice for the above. Is it better to regularly wind the watch to keep it ticking all the time or to wind it only once in a while. I was told that if it is not ticking enough, then oil may dry up. On the other if wind regularly, it may lead to premature wear and tear.
    Any advice out ther ewill be appreciated.
    Thanks

if it is an automatic watch. if u wear it often enough, it should continue to be wound up. power reserve is about 36 to 42 hours. if it stops too quickly, it means it does not have enough stored power reserve. better send it in for a service.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Manual wind watch.

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. But i am talking about manually wound watch not automatic watch. Better to leave it alone until one wants to wear them or to wind it regularly so as to keep it ticking at all time.

Comment

if not going to be used for a long time, wind it occasionally is ok...... at least once a month i prefer.....
        the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
        visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Thank you for your kind advice.

Comment

Me also got one manual panerai... need to wind it if you seldom wear it... just take it as a hobby to take our your watch one every fortnight to admire it lah.. and wind it...

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
              Me also got one manual panerai... need to wind it if you seldom wear it... just take it as a hobby to take our your watch one every fortnight to admire it lah.. and wind it...
              Sorry for being off-topic. I have never owned a Panerai but would consider one manually wound. Any suggestion on a basic entry model and indicative price pre-owned? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Gannet View Post
                Is it better to regularly wind the watch to keep it ticking all the time or to wind it only once in a while. I was told that if it is not ticking enough, then oil may dry up. On the other if wind regularly, it may lead to premature wear and tear.
                Given the viscoscity of the modern oils used, you can pretty much be sure that as long as you service the watch once every 3 - 5 years (depending if you wear it daily or occasionally), it should be OK. As for wear and tear, nothing is permanent.

You should be more concerned with overwinding or bumping the watch or putting it through extremes (like in the freezer one day and out in the sun the next and baking it in the microwave the third day) than gear wear. But isn't that's what a Rolex is meant for - extremes?

There is no sense babying the Rolex (not sure about Panerais) if it brings no joy wearing it. Then, you are better off putting your watch in an air tight safe every day.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X