Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Tool to resize bracelet

Hi All,
    Newbie here, just wanna ask if i want to change the oyster bracelet to leather, wat tool do i need?
    Lazy to go service center to ask for help. Thinking to do it myself.
    Is the tool expensive?
    Thanks for the sharing...

u can probably use a very small screw driver but u have to be skillful in handling the tool if u dun have proper watch tools. If u r making a trip down to buy the tools, Rocher center has a shop that sells a variety of those. But since u would already be in town, u might as well go RSC. Not sure if they will charge u to change strap since I believe it's not a Rolex strap I assume. Or pop by yr AD for that free service.
    If u r going to do it yourself, make sure u use masking tape to protect (minimise) the area against sctatches where the pin holes are.
    Will search for the shop details later and post it. Not so convenient now as surfing on a mobile.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Hi,
      Thanks alot for the sharing. Yes, the watch tool what I meant & where can I buy it. You're really good bro... can read my mind

As for your advise to go to my ad... I prefer not.. bcos from last experience when I asked them just to loosen abit the clasp. they scratched it....

So after tat experience I'd rather do it my self & gain the new skill but like u said must extra careful..

Looking forward where's can I buy the tool & s it expensive??
      Thanks...

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
      u can probably use a very small screw driver but u have to be skillful in handling the tool if u dun have proper watch tools. If u r making a trip down to buy the tools, Rocher center has a shop that sells a variety of those. But since u would already be in town, u might as well go RSC. Not sure if they will charge u to change strap since I believe it's not a Rolex strap I assume. Or pop by yr AD for that free service.
      If u r going to do it yourself, make sure u use masking tape to protect (minimise) the area against sctatches where the pin holes are.
      Will search for the shop details later and post it. Not so convenient now as surfing on a mobile.

Comment

consider going to

Khatena Masood & Sons Trading
        1 Rochor Rd #02-584 Rochor Centre
        Tel: 62923600

JW Mechanical Time
        1, Pickering Street
        #01-02 Great Eastern Centre
        Tel: 65360119.

but i rather go to AD to get them done. if they scratch it, ask them to sent it for polishin for you on their costs.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks bro triton for finding the details for u. Ü

Tool prices are reasonable to me (maybe cheap to you). But if u look at it as an investment to be in touch with you passion, think price won't matter. I went to the Rochor center one before and got an eye loupe there. Saw that they have a variety of tools that will fit any range of budget. Let us know how it turns out ya?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

I use a small small screw driver for jewellery,watches and glasses those kind.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

For oyster bracelet, see if you can suss out one of the Sea Dweller toolkits.
              The screwdriver there ref:2100.

I find it a beautiful fit for the rolex oyster bracelet screws and pins... much better than generic tools. The pin tool for instance, is rounded stainless steel... less likely to scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by rolexoi View Post
                Hi All,
                Newbie here, just wanna ask if i want to change the oyster bracelet to leather, wat tool do i need?
                Lazy to go service center to ask for help. Thinking to do it myself.
                Is the tool expensive?
                Thanks for the sharing...
                wooden tool picks. push from pin/lug holes. does not scratch you watch. the best tool in my opinion.

for newer casing without pin holes, i recommend BERGEON 6767f tool for removing spring bars.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
                  For oyster bracelet, see if you can suss out one of the Sea Dweller toolkits.
                  The screwdriver there ref:2100.

I find it a beautiful fit for the rolex oyster bracelet screws and pins... much better than generic tools. The pin tool for instance, is rounded stainless steel... less likely to scratch.
                  Yes fully agree! The Sea dweller tool kit is one of the best tool! Can also use for Panerai and does not scratch the watch lugs.

Comment

Watch bracelet tool

Hi all

Where can I buy a watch bracelet tool to adjust (add/remove) bracelet links? Is there a standard-size tool that fits all/most watches?

Or is it better to ask a dealer to handle even bracelet adjustments?

Thanks in advance!

Watch Collection (click for photos!)
                    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
                    Tag Heuer Classic 2000 Limited Edition Red/Green Dial
                    Seiko Titanium Samurai
                    Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Limited Series
                    Panerai Luminor 1950 Marina 3 Days Automatic
                    IWC Ingenieur
                    Sinn U Black (THG Limited Edition)
                    Chopard Gran Turismo XL Alfa Romeo (Limited Edition) (sold)
                    Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M
                    IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

This thread shld be useful...

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=9520

Comment

Thanks, bro!

Watch Collection (click for photos!)
                        Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust
                        Tag Heuer Classic 2000 Limited Edition Red/Green Dial
                        Seiko Titanium Samurai
                        Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Limited Series
                        Panerai Luminor 1950 Marina 3 Days Automatic
                        IWC Ingenieur
                        Sinn U Black (THG Limited Edition)
                        Chopard Gran Turismo XL Alfa Romeo (Limited Edition) (sold)
                        Panerai Luminor 1950 Submersible 1000M
                        IWC Portuguese Automatic

Comment

yikes, upping this thread after so long cos also wondering how to remove my osyter bracelet.

Saw that a few bros posted can use small screw driver.

But then for those Rolexes with no lug holes, I tht you need like a pincher kinda tool to clamp in on both sides of the 'bar'? If only push in on one side like not really possible to remove the bracelet right?
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Apply downward force, after one side is out. Then work on the other side. Takes some practice though.
                            [FONT="Verdana"][B]The Best Dive Is Always The Next One[/B][/FONT]

Comment

lobangs for bracelet changing tool

i'd like have the tool so that i can change to nato strap .. where i can find a reasonable one? For rolex sports model of cos ..
                              jai guru deva om .. ..

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X