No announcement yet.

Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC) will change the GMT Master II (16710) bezel of your choice for you as long as you pay for the item and service (should be around $100+), and on condition that you have to return the old bezel to them.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ok thanks for the clarification. As far as I know, RSC's in the US would not replace the bezel insert with a different colored one at all.

Comment

It depends on the model, may be. For the 16710, I have asked and seen it myself that it could be done legitimately with the RSC, Singapore. What I was informed by the staff was that there was no indication of any sort on the three bezel variations of this model. This is different from some other models such as the Submariners where there is the "LN" or "LV" or "LB" stated on the model nos. In those cases, RSC will not change the bezel for you.

I am not so sure about the Explorer IIs, ie if there's any indication on the model/serial nos. to indicate whether it is a white/black dial. I do know, however, that RSC will change the dials on an Explorer II (16570) of your choice for you for $600+.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

RSC Singapore, really?

Hi fellow forum members I have just recently sent in my 16710 in to RSC for a total service or so called 'overhaul' by RSC. But I am wondering on the other hand, they might polish the case and make it look good and all, but how do we know that they actually dismantle everything down to the movement and inspect every single part of the movement if not at all? And to what extent?

The reason for my suspicion is because when I sent in my LV Submariner for a simple regulation my watch is returned to me scratched on the top side of my bracelet which brings to the conclusion that the watchmaker scratched my bracelet while trying to remove the spring bars without any protection on the bracelet against the table or any hard surface. Shoddy workmanship. And with a shoddy workmanship like that how can I be sure that a 'complete overhaul' is indeed a 'complete overhaul'?

My suspicion is unfounded but not without a reasonable doubt. But I am wondering could the watchmaking industry in singapore be just like the automobile industry?

Comment

FYI, RSC Singapore is privately owned?

Comment

sometimes the less you know the better it is.

i have encountered mechanic who claim to change parts, but did not operate on my car at all. infact, it was due to further investigation did i find out that they never change timing belt as promised. infact, i had just paid $1200 for a car wash, and air freshener.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i don't want to know what they do or can do, just fix the watch good enough.

Comment

Take it as use the $ to buy 2yrs of warranty??
                  Current:
                  No More Liao...

Comment

you have a point but rolex center will just smile at you if you lodge a complaint
                    Overheard at local AD - 'rolex is going to increase price soon' :snore:

Comment

when it comes to servicing of cars and watches you really are at the mercy of the individual technician.

it is all because they is no way we can verify what was done or not done.

bro seiko citizen's story is a very real one happening all the time.
                      My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                      1) WG DIA 18239
                      2) YG DIA 18238
                      3) WG 18239
                      4) YG 18238
                      5) YG 18248G Bark
                      6) WG DIA 18039
                      7) WG 18039
                      8) YG 18038
                      9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                      10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                      11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                      12) WG 1803
                      13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                      1)GMT II 116718 18K
                      2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                      1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                      2)D15037 14k
                      3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        sometimes the less you know the better it is.

i have encountered mechanic who claim to change parts, but did not operate on my car at all. infact, it was due to further investigation did i find out that they never change timing belt as promised. infact, i had just paid $1200 for a car wash, and air freshener.
                        Thot it is sop for workshop to show u the used parts replaced?
                        Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                        Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                        GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                        GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                        DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                        DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                        , 18238 malachite
                        DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                        AP 15300 Black
                        Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                        GP 18k RG
                        IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                        Chronoswiss Skeleton
                        Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

thats why, my Submariner never serviced in 14 yrs!

hahahah, still running strong

Comment

Originally posted by minimerc View Post
                            Thot it is sop for workshop to show u the used parts replaced?
                            that depends on workshop and customer request. having said that, a workshop will have piles of timing belts/oil filters/etc in their workshop. can you trust that those "used parts" came from your car in the first place?

RSC is even worse, you will not even be able to see the part at all.
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Good thing rolex watches are generally reliable and rarely need to see doctor
                              Overheard at local AD - 'rolex is going to increase price soon' :snore:

Comment

What is really worrying is RSC Singapore is privately owned.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X