Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on certification card

Hi all..

Am very new into the world of Rolex. Am intending to get a used 179174 computer dial (black) for my lovely wife (she deserved it as she went thru so much with me)..

Went for watch hunt today at golden landmark, Far East plaza etc... Came across 3pcs. Upon confirming the deal before payment.. All shops mentioned that they have no cert for this model. But 1 of them which is CHORNO EXCHANGE offer to bring us to Rolex centre beside lucky plaza to have the watch authenticated before payment (I seriously appreciate the boss effort. Thumbs up!!!).

My question are:

1. HOW COME PREVIOUS OWNER DIDN'T KEEP OR GIVE THE CERT WHEN SELLING?

2. WILL IT AFFECT THE VALUE OF THE WATCH NOW OR IN FUTURE?

3. IF GO FOR AUTHENTICATION AT ROLEX CENTRE, WILL THEY ISSUSE A CERT OR FORM OF DOCUMENTATION FOR THAT PARTICULAR WATCH?

Hope that this is not a repeat question in the forum as I did try using the "SEARCH" function.

Am looking forward to hear advises from fellow forummers.

Regards and thanks in advance!

Answer 1

• has it occurred to you that the previous did not want to release the warranty card/paper/certification because it bears the name and/or address which is considered by some individual as private?
    • has it not occurred to you again that the owner misplaced the warranty card/paper/certification?
    • has it not occurred to you that the previous owner is not the first owner and hence did not receive the warranty card/paper/certification?
    • there are many reasons

Answer 2

maybe it will because future buyers want certification/papers/card? maybe it will not because future buyers are not interested in the certification/papers/card

Answer 3

RSC will issue a receipt of $107 (last i known) it does not state it is for verification, it does however state the watch model and/or watch serial number. some buyers will take it as ''authentication'' document. also do note that it only state the watch itself is original rolex it DOES NOT INDICATE that the parts such as bracelet, dial, hands, bezel, etc are period correct.

i would suggest that you use keywords search such as authentication rsc to see other relevant topics. the questions you are have been discussed before.

help spoon feed you a bit. refer to this section and look @ the stickies.

in an event you dont know how to search, please refer to the FAQ

thank you for your kind understanding and co-operation.

Originally posted by king_ziege View Post
    Hi all..

Am very new into the world of Rolex. Am intending to get a used 179174 computer dial (black) for my lovely wife (she deserved it as she went thru so much with me)..

Went for watch hunt today at golden landmark, Far East plaza etc... Came across 3pcs. Upon confirming the deal before payment.. All shops mentioned that they have no cert for this model. But 1 of them which is CHORNO EXCHANGE offer to bring us to Rolex centre beside lucky plaza to have the watch authenticated before payment (I seriously appreciate the boss effort. Thumbs up!!!).

My question are:

1. HOW COME PREVIOUS OWNER DIDN'T KEEP OR GIVE THE CERT WHEN SELLING?

2. WILL IT AFFECT THE VALUE OF THE WATCH NOW OR IN FUTURE?

3. IF GO FOR AUTHENTICATION AT ROLEX CENTRE, WILL THEY ISSUSE A CERT OR FORM OF DOCUMENTATION FOR THAT PARTICULAR WATCH?

Hope that this is not a repeat question in the forum as I did try using the "SEARCH" function.

Am looking forward to hear advises from fellow forummers.

Regards and thanks in advance!
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thank you so much for the enlightenment. Will try new search keyword. Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
      Working...
      X