Rolex is a mass mkt brand vs AP & PP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex is a mass mkt brand vs AP & PP

Visited a reputable AD in Vivo recently looking at a YM, DJ2 or AP ROO Diver. Was taken aback when the Sr Sales rep remarked crudely that that walk-ins have no chance of getting an AP or PP. They only reserve for their regular customers! His parting shot suggested that I should stick to Rolex as it is a mass market brand! Well, I'm never ever again going to step foot in that shop again!

What's your experience in buying an AP or PP? Is it true that if you do not have a prior relationship with an AD, you stand zero chances in buying one?

What arrogance...They are still sore abt losing the d'ship rights of rolex? Lol.
    elusive

Comment

We travel out of Singapore & buy ! Tax refund plus exchange rate gains ......do research ,dun rush, dun be lazy & dun take **** from ADs !

On the other hand AP & PP production are lower in numbers compared to "Mass Market Brands" , even ADs are allocated in low supply,as there are allocated out to different regions & countries .....it is only logical that they reserved for their vvip or vip customers.

If you are their vip or vvip customers ,you will be happy that you have some form of special treatment ! So dun get pissed....

But the senior sales rep does not sound very senior ......remember "it is not what you say but how you said it !".

Hope you feel better after reading this

Comment

U should ask him innocently why is rolex and pp no longer available at his store...
        elusive

Comment

Went in to enquire on a Tudor Black Bay not knowing they didnt carry them anymore last week. But in my case I was kindly directed to the nearest AD that did though.

Comment

does anyone know the reason behind them losing distributorship for Rolex and PP? Was quite shocked when i first heard about it...

Comment

Actually I don't understand the need for the sales rep to comment about brand exclusivity etc. That particular shop stocks many other "mass market" brands, so what's the big deal.
              elusive

Comment

Originally posted by Cremona5 View Post
                Visited a reputable AD in Vivo recently looking at a YM, DJ2 or AP ROO Diver. Was taken aback when the Sr Sales rep remarked crudely that that walk-ins have no chance of getting an AP or PP. They only reserve for their regular customers! His parting shot suggested that I should stick to Rolex as it is a mass market brand! Well, I'm never ever again going to step foot in that shop again!

What's your experience in buying an AP or PP? Is it true that if you do not have a prior relationship with an AD, you stand zero chances in buying one?
                not the ADs fault , its the Sales rep's fault.

Comment

Mai Du Lan brother ! Buy but dun buy from them !

Dun think it makes a difference to them but you will feel much better !
                  The hardest thing in life is making the 1st million CASH !
                  The 2nd hardest thing in life is not spending it !
                  The 3rd hardest thing in life is get the whole family together for a simple dinner !

Comment

Originally posted by Cuaba View Post
                    not the ADs fault , its the Sales rep's fault.
                    The rep, when standing in the shop and wearing the uniform, is representing the company he/she is working for... so whatever that comes out of his/her mouth, the company has to take responsibility.
                    elusive

Comment

Originally posted by timefreak2000 View Post
                      Mai Du Lan brother ! Buy but dun buy from them !

Dun think it makes a difference to them but you will feel much better !
                      The sales rep already told our bro here to go elsewhere to buy liao...lol

But i share my exact sentiments ... rather bring my biz elsewhere
                      elusive

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                        The sales rep already told our bro here to go elsewhere to buy liao...lol

But i share my exact sentiments ... rather bring my biz elsewhere
                        Thanks all for your comments. I also suan the sales rep that more customers should perhaps buy from reputable online forum like ROC and that their business would over time suffer. He actually acknowledged the legitimacy of ROC and parallel importers.

A shout out to the ADs here -- pls invest in your staff training and stay competitive in your pricing. Otherwise, customers could likely cross over to the e-sales/online platform. Open your eyes wide and see what has happened to the bookshops & CD shops - PageOne, Towers Records already jup lup, Times, MPH, HMV downsized. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                          The rep, when standing in the shop and wearing the uniform, is representing the company he/she is working for... so whatever that comes out of his/her mouth, the company has to take responsibility.
                          I dont disagree with that.
                          but there are plenty of such sales people.
                          So before we jump at the AD, we should first jump at the sales person.
                          Unless the AD doesnt respond likewise....

This sales rep is simply a nincompoop lah...

Comment

Hi, I felt the comments were really hurtful to the customer. Whether buying a $100 watch, a $1,000 watch or $10,000 watch or even a $100,000 watch every customer deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. I can't imagine a salesperson berating their own brands even in the shop. I guess no point in feeling bad about it. Just walk away and vote with your wallet elsewhere.

Originally posted by Cremona5 View Post
                            Thanks all for your comments. I also suan the sales rep that more customers should perhaps buy from reputable online forum like ROC and that their business would over time suffer. He actually acknowledged the legitimacy of ROC and parallel importers.

A shout out to the ADs here -- pls invest in your staff training and stay competitive in your pricing. Otherwise, customers could likely cross over to the e-sales/online platform. Open your eyes wide and see what has happened to the bookshops & CD shops - PageOne, Towers Records already jup lup, Times, MPH, HMV downsized. Be afraid, be very afraid!

Comment

What was he wearing on his wrist ? The salesman.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X