Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuaba View Post
    I dont disagree with that.
    but there are plenty of such sales people.
    So before we jump at the AD, we should first jump at the sales person.
    Unless the AD doesnt respond likewise....

This sales rep is simply a nincompoop lah...
    Yeah but I won't want to even waste another breathe or another second of my time with such arrogant sales rep. Let the AD deal with their staff. After all it's for the good of the AD's reputation that this is brought up to them, unless they condone or promote such level of "customer service"
    elusive

Comment

Rolex is a mass brand as compared to AP or PP. Even the taxi uncles wear it
      hence nothing wrong with the salesman's comment. But the same sounded arrogent when seen in the context. Second, not sure how many people can afford an AP or a PP......The average starting price is much more higher.

Comment

If you are keen to buy,

buy from an AD that can make you happy and buy the one that you really like.

You spend money to comfort yourself not the AD or the salesperson.

Just like my first and only 16570. I know is not the cheapest in the resale market. But I am willing to deal with them.

No regret until now and will visit them again for the next one.

Comment

Rolex may be a mass brand compared to AP or PP but its movements are all very hardy, with decades of proven track record. In addition, it holds a stable pre-owned value. Thats more than i can say for some 'exclusive' brands, with owners having to bring their watches back for service repairs and taking a huge price slash when flipping their time pieces.
          sys12345

http://simply-pen.blogspot.com/ - m4/3 Pen Blog

Comment

AP ROO black/navy/safari/panda costs about $23k-ish
            the question is, would you buy 1 x AP ROO or 2 x 10k-ish rolex?

Comment

cow manure la.... u got money can buy anywhere anything. no worries.

Originally posted by Cremona5 View Post
              Visited a reputable AD in Vivo recently looking at a YM, DJ2 or AP ROO Diver. Was taken aback when the Sr Sales rep remarked crudely that that walk-ins have no chance of getting an AP or PP. They only reserve for their regular customers! His parting shot suggested that I should stick to Rolex as it is a mass market brand! Well, I'm never ever again going to step foot in that shop again!

What's your experience in buying an AP or PP? Is it true that if you do not have a prior relationship with an AD, you stand zero chances in buying one?

Comment

Originally posted by wt_know View Post
                I prefer a $23kish gold Rolex Daytona on strap, heehee

Comment

Yes, I will get 2 Rolex watches and will aim for 1 AP ROO next.
                  Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
                  Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                  Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
                  Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
                  Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
                  Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
                  Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
                  Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
                  Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
                  Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

Not sure ur point by it really depends on what I'm in the market for....

Eg I can buy a one bedroom studio in orchard but what I really need is a nice 4 bedder in the heartland.
                    elusive

Comment

Originally posted by satch View Post
                      Not sure ur point by it really depends on what I'm in the market for....

Eg I can buy a one bedroom studio in orchard but what I really need is a nice 4 bedder in the heartland.
                      That's the difference between needs and wants.

What he is saying is that you have over 20k to spend on watches and what will you buy. That's want rather than need.
                      Collections:

Panerai Luminor Singapore Edition PAM00432
                      Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKI
                      Rolex 1680 Red Sub MKII Tropical
                      Rolex 5513 Maxi MK1 Sub
                      Rolex 1665 Great White MKII Rail Dial
                      Rolex Daytona 16523 MKI Porcelain Dial
                      Rolex Submariner 16610LV MK1 Y Series
                      Rolex Daytona 6265 Big Red
                      Patek Philippe Nautilus 5980/1A
                      Omega Speedmaster Professional Snoopy White

Comment

Originally posted by grafite1976 View Post
                        Whether buying a $100 watch, a $1,000 watch or $10,000 watch or even a $100,000 watch every customer deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. I can't imagine a salesperson berating their own brands even in the shop.
                        I second that. Towards the end of my most unpleasant experience, the salesman even rub salt by comparing Rolexes to Toyotas while AP & PP are pedigree Italian sports marques. I immediately corrected him to say his analogy was grossly unfair & inaccurate! After reading some of the bros' posts here, then I realized why he made that below-the-belt analogy -- that the AD had recently lost the Rolex dealership!

Comment

Originally posted by Derick View Post
                          If you are keen to buy, buy from an AD that can make you happy and buy the one that you really like.
                          You spend money to comfort yourself not the AD or the salesperson.
                          Exactly! Well said, bro. I actually just collected my bonus and was in an impulsive buying mood and splurging to reward myself with a nice watch. But man that schmuck salesman really spoil my evening.

Comment

Originally posted by amitabh View Post
                            Rolex is a mass brand as compared to AP or PP. Even the taxi uncles wear it
                            hence nothing wrong with the salesman's comment. But the same sounded arrogent when seen in the context.
                            Wait till you hear the kicker statement the salesman made -- "Rolexes cannot be compared to AP & PP. Rolexes are like your Toyotas, whilst AP and PP are your Ferraris & Maseratis!"

Let's open up to the floor and see how would you guys rate Rolex, AP & PP using car analogy!

Rolex -- Has to be a Conti car with solid engine, dependable & safe, good track record - a Volvo (although resale value not so good as Rollie)
                            PP -- Bentley
                            AP -- Maserati

Comment

Originally posted by Cremona5 View Post
                              Wait till you hear the kicker statement the salesman made -- "Rolexes cannot be compared to AP & PP. Rolexes are like your Toyotas, whilst AP and PP are your Ferraris & Maseratis!"

Let's open up to the floor and see how would you guys rate Rolex, AP & PP using car analogy!

Rolex -- Has to be a Conti car with solid engine, dependable & safe, good track record - a Volvo (although resale value not so good as Rollie)
                              PP -- Bentley
                              AP -- Maserati
                              One can never really stop comparing - it's a disease.

Comparatively, if a watch is more expensive than the other, does that mean it is better or of a higher quality because it is more expensive - pretty subjective right?

Comment

yes. it's about need and want
                                if it's about need, everyone only need 1 watch and need not be expensive ...

Originally posted by kelvin_koh View Post
                                That's the difference between needs and wants.

What he is saying is that you have over 20k to spend on watches and what will you buy. That's want rather than need.
                                Last edited by wt_know; 29-07-13, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X