No announcement yet.

Buying from local AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just went around hunting for the BLNR. It either out of stock or some are selling for a high premium. Almost 2k above RRP. Ill guess I have to wait for the hype to die down.

Comment

hi got a newbie question.
      compare to buying from local AD and buying a BINB from local dealers but the set is from overseas AD.
      is there any difference?i mean in terms of resale value or anything we need to look out on?
      i always have this feeling its not good getting from set which is from overseas AD.

Comment

In terms of resale value - no. A used set is a used set, regardless of where it was purchased.

To look out for: Fakes. If you're buying from anywhere apart from an AD, you should get the watch's authenticity verified at RSC.

Comment

Originally posted by P1723 View Post
          compare to buying from local AD and buying a BINB from local dealers but the set is from overseas AD.
          is there any difference?i mean in terms of resale value or anything we need to look out on?
          i always have this feeling its not good getting from set which is from overseas AD.
          Resale value no difference.
          NonAD may provide better discount. Do own homework first before buying from them.
          GMT Master II - 116710LN (Dec 2013)
          Datejust II - 116334BLRO (Jan 2015)

Comment

Originally posted by P1723 View Post
            Well, one cannot always have one's cake and expect to eat it too. The only real way for greys to make a decent margin is if they source their pieces from overseas or duty free zones. They (if they know what they are doing) will sell it at a price lower than the local boutiques or ADs.

So if you want to have that sense of comfort, I guess you have to bite the bullet and try to bargain hard with the local ADs. There is just no two ways about it, really.

Comment

thks guys..i kind of just dont like the feeling of buying overseas AD set...something just worries me but seems like for nothing hahaha.
              since the watches all come with 2yrs international warranty,there should not be any diff.
              of course i mean comparing apple to apple,genuine and full 2yrs warranty set.

Comment

If you want peace of mind and feel good, buy from AD, after all you are buying a premium brand, believe me, you feel better with a watch from Hour glass.

Comment

hmm, pass me the lobang iso

Comment

Guys you received invitation for private salon sale event on 16 &17 Jan?

Comment

got my first sub from koh watch, good service..

Comment

Originally posted by Spanship View Post
                        Guys you received invitation for private salon sale event on 16 &17 Jan?
                        From hour glass I mean

Comment

Originally posted by Spanship View Post
                          From hour glass I mean
                          went there yesterday.. no rolex on sale.. small room only

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X