Buying pre-own Rolex help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

Well, sellers(traders) often will advertise that the watch has just been serviced recently. Does it imply a good thing or bad?

I heard one saying that Rolex watch should not be serviced if its working well as once it is serviced (esp by non-swiss service center), it will no longer last long and will need frequent servicing. This is because the service man (if not based in swiss) are not as good (experienced) as their swiss counter part. After servicing its not as good as new...

Servicing could also implied the watch has screwed up (or have hickups) hence the need to service...

Comment

so long it's serviced by rsc it's ok.......serviced by ah mao ah gou??......yucks...
      the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
        watch case, bezel, movement and bracelet definite......not too sure if they check the hands, dial and hour markers (or diamond hour markers).....i think u can always request they do so.....

they can tell if a dial is genuine.....but i guess it takes someone certified to check on diamonds.....
        They will check throughly...every single detail.

But they are so experienced 1 look can tell 1,because how close that fake may look it will still be different from the genuine one

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

sure or not one look can tell diamonds real or not......
          visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
            sure or not one look can tell diamonds real or not......
            When you compare a CZ and a real diamond...the shine is very different..the colour...the sparkle...

Comment

if so easy ppl need to be certified as gemologist for what......just use eyes to see can oredi....

Comment

I mean basic la...gemologist is to determine what grade,what cut..etc etc..hahha

Relax ohlins..dun get so worked up

Comment

I guess buying online "over the oceans and deep blue seas" carries quite a bit of risk that doesn't quite relate to the savings.

Guess buying face to face is best. From dealers, friends and meet ups from postings. But dealers usually want to make quite a bit from their inventories bearing in mind that they have "oberheads".

So, buying from friends and postings will get you a decent value; transacted through a meet up.

Hey aside, any bro here consistently buy watches online from abroad say value >=S$4K?

Has anyone gotten crap before?

Comment

Originally posted by PAM000 View Post
                    I guess buying online "over the oceans and deep blue seas" carries quite a bit of risk that doesn't quite relate to the savings.

Guess buying face to face is best. From dealers, friends and meet ups from postings. But dealers usually want to make quite a bit from their inventories bearing in mind that they have "oberheads".

So, buying from friends and postings will get you a decent value; transacted through a meet up.

Hey aside, any bro here consistently buy watches online from abroad say value >=S$4K?

Has anyone gotten crap before?
                    The Rolexes overseas are more expensive. It's actually more worth it when we sell it there.

Comment

Originally posted by sexyboy16 View Post
                      Buy from AD the best. And provided good after sales service too.

sorry... what does AD means? Is it the Rolex Building (Tong Building @ Orchard)?

Comment

Originally posted by Timeā„¢ View Post
                        sorry... what does AD means? Is it the Rolex Building (Tong Building @ Orchard)?
                        AD refers to authorized dealers...
                        A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

when buying from owner, other than the standard box, certs and stuff, what to look out for in the watch? anything in rolex that i need to check other than scratches, etc.
                          also, can the watch sustain a drop? mechanically still sound. this are things i guess it is hard to find out. thnx!

Comment

I bought an Explorer from this gentleman before and was going to get another one for my mum but he couldn't lower his pricing anymore due to market forces so put on hold for now.

His watches all can get, trustworthy and sincere guy.
                            He will even give you written proof from him with his name and NRIC number stating that its an authentic watch and you bought it from him on which date, etc.

http://f3c.yahoofs.com/auc/000213797...AmqsLBEEXN.dSa

Firstly, not a Rolex expert but found out all the information the hardway, the usual stuff that considerable calls and legwork will get you:

Some myths to clear up as my wife took the Explorer for verificaton:

1. Rolex DOES NOT ISSUE CERTIFICATE, they will only issue you a receipt and tell you verbally that its a real or fake one after they authenticate the watch. The 75 you paid for will include a cleaning cloth and small Rolex pouch. Seems that the myth that you will get a certificate has been around a lot as when my wife went there, they told her that this myth has been going on since ages. They told her that Rolex cannot give you a cert as there is no telling what the person can do if a certificate is issued, he/she can just remove the internals and swap in a non-Rolex movement, ie. ETA/Valjoux movement and then sell it off.

2. There is a small area which is viewable by the public that allows you to see the authentication process taking place and you can see basically how they handle the watch. Enter the main building and turn to your right to the reception. (You will get a cold one though regardless whether your watch is real/fake, new or old)

Checks will be done on the dial, bezel, etc. They will also check on the serial number between the lugs and open up the case with a rolex tool to look at the movement/inside case back, etc. When in doubt, they will remove alot of the stuff inside to check. This may take anything from 15 minutes to half an hour so you can seat and wait in the comfy chairs that they have there in the viewing area.

3. All you will get is the receipt stating the serial number of the watch, so if its a fake one, you will see that the serial number isn't the rolex series or they won't put it there at all (in cases of cheap fakes as they don't have it there)

4. Feedback on them from some friends, they will not retain your watch even if its found to be fake but you will get weird looks from them. Service from them are not really good even if you are a genuine Rolex customer.

5. AD = Authorised Distributor, basically retail shops which are the authorised folks to sell new Rolex watches in Singapore.

6. The Rolex building at Tung Building itself does not sell watches, beside the buiding are Paragon, etc and nearby is the Lucky Plaza shops where some of the ADs are.

All they do at Tung Building is for you to service/repair your watch and to authenticate the watch.

7. Beware of the guys on Yahoo auction from Indonesia, people really think all Singaporeans are stupid.

Some China guys are even trying to scam people on laptops. However, the joeyqu guy is the real deal who will deal with you face to face and gives you the assurance. You can even sell it back to him or upgrade months later.

Enjoy your Rolex!!

Comment

Thanks for the read... i myself came across the indonesian scammer.. lol..

Btw bro.. ur link dosent work..
                              A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

just my thought. if you are paying so much for a watch and you cannot see it first hand. why take the risk?

i rather go to a local second hand dealer and get one. however, one must do homework so as not to be parting with ur hard earn money.

i shall not name which one will quote above market value. however, in the faq, there is a list of second hand dealers were some are more reputable.

one advice. do homework. decide which piece u like. if you plan to say brand A model aa. stick with your choice. do not let the sales person tell you to get another brand or same brand with different model. if the price is not right. leave the shop and go to another one.
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X