Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does RSC Singapore still butcher watches like they used to 8 years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does RSC Singapore still butcher watches like they used to 8 years ago?

How is the service by RSC Singapore these days? Anyone brought watches for authentication recently encounter any issues with their services? Like putting dings on the lugs after removing bracelets?

I remember them putting 4 even nicks on the front lugs of my 1 week old 16570 back in 2006 when they were trying to rectify some loose rotor issues. In the end they did some touch up and over polished the lugs. The lugs looks like those 2nd hand watches when I purchased it brand new 1 week ago before the repair. Had to sold it at a lost after the repair.

The uncle there was lazy and remove the bracelet using manual spring bar tools and took it out from the front of the lugs . The compression of the spring bars put 4 even nicks on the front of the lugs after it was being removed from the watch head.

I heard that RSC is using some special tools to remove bracelets since all the new watches are using SEL bracelets. There are some pictures posted on the internet showing the new tool from Rolex. Has anyone seen RSC Singapore using such tool to remove bracelets? The ref of the tool is 3200.

i sent my wife's exp2 a few weeks ago into RSC for re-sizing. came back with all 4 lugs scratched and a new scratch on the bezel.

the watch was only gently worn previously with no scratches except on 9 o'clock side of case before going into RSC.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Sounds bad. Your explorer 2 is the 40 or 42mm version? The scratches is on the front or back of the lugs? Wondering why resizing need to take out the entire bracelet? This Rolex spring bar tools is an official tool from Rolex. How come they do not have it?

Comment

if so, you just left the RSC without a word?

Comment

Mine happened last year July. Bought a new explorer ii from grey market and sent it to RISC for authentication. Came back with a faint scratch on the bezel at 3 to 4 hour mark. Can,t do anything as I didn't,t inspect it carefully. Told myself it is ok since it form my history with the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by bramley View Post
            I am wondering why RSC needs to remove the entire bracelet when doing resizing of bracelet?

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
              Sounds bad. Your explorer 2 is the 40 or 42mm version? The scratches is on the front or back of the lugs? Wondering why resizing need to take out the entire bracelet? This Rolex spring bar tools is an official tool from Rolex. How come they do not have it?
              40mm but it is alpha-numeric series that is very new - she only wore it maybe 2 times? re-sized to fit my wrist. scratches at rear of lugs.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit View Post
                Mine happened last year July. Bought a new explorer ii from grey market and sent it to RISC for authentication. Came back with a faint scratch on the bezel at 3 to 4 hour mark. Can,t do anything as I didn't,t inspect it carefully. Told myself it is ok since it form my history with the watch.
                I think RSC standards are still not up to Thong Sia. Seikos are way cheaper but their technicians are not trained to butcher watches.

Comment

what can they do except apologize, waste my time, and polish? i just accept it as part of "wear and tear"... i didn't have enough (side) polished links so i had to go get one more from RSC. otherwise i would have resized it myself!

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                    40mm but it is alpha-numeric series that is very new - she only wore it maybe 2 times? re-sized to fit my wrist. scratches at rear of lugs.
                    So the 4 scratches on the lugs are on the front or back of the lugs? I presumed that they got there because RSC were trying to remove the bracelet from the watch head. But wondering why they need to remove when they are not skilled enough and resizing bracelets can be easily done with the the watch head on.

Comment

Guess it is hard to proof that they are the ones who caused the dings, scratches etc right? Unless they (RSC techie) pointed out all these "flaws" before doing anything to the watch, if not, there is no way anyone can proof the techie they caused these "flaws:

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                        Guess it is hard to proof that they are the ones who caused the dings, scratches etc right? Unless they (RSC techie) pointed out all these "flaws" before doing anything to the watch, if not, there is no way anyone can proof the techie they caused these "flaws:
                        And should they decide to check for "flaws" before touching your watch and inform you accordingly, the Q at RSC would be longer than the Q for MacDonald's Hello Kitty....

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
                          guess we should take a few macro pics before sending the watch in. With the time stamp on the pictures. will be quite easy to justify.

Comment

Yes, they do conduct visual and physical checks on the watch externally. And it is normally done by the reception ladies at the counter, before they accept and access what needs to be done on your watch(es). I have done it few times and it seemed to be a common practice. You may also point out to the RSC staff who handles your watch the actual condition of it so that you can get some sort of acknowledgement on the watch's condition.

It's like when you send in your car for servicing/repair, normally, the service staff/manager will walk around the car and visually check for scratches/dents, or any abnormality on the car, when he/she takes over from you. Before you hand over the car, you will be asked to sign an acknowledge on the car's condition so there'll be no dispute/misunderstanding subsequently.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Yes, they do conduct visual and physical checks on the watch externally. And it is normally done by the reception ladies at the counter, before they accept and access what needs to be done on your watch(es). I have done it few times and it seemed to be a common practice. You may also point out to the RSC staff who handles your watch the actual condition of it so that you can get some sort of acknowledgement on the watch's condition.

It's like when you send in your car for servicing/repair, normally, the service staff/manager will walk around the car and visually check for scratches/dents, or any abnormality on the car, when he/she takes over from you. Before you hand over the car, you will be asked to sign an acknowledge on the car's condition so there'll be no dispute/misunderstanding subsequently.

somehow i feel that rsc did not bother to up their service level. if they treated the watches as if they were their own. alot of damages will be avoid. 8 years ago i've encountered lazy technicians removing bracelet recklessly causing scratches on the lugs. until now still got people encountering the same thing.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X